PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair...

MadPirateBippy
June 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I cut my hair and no one noticed. The damage from the rag curl disaster and the removal of the dreadlocks finally caught up with me and my ends were fried. I was doing an hour of S&D a day, even babying it it was frying.

I chopped a little over three and a half inches. I was traumatized (I still have no idea what my hemline looks like, I pulled my hair forward to cut it). I debated about it for weeks. I didn't do the two inch at a time thing because there was a pretty clear mark where the ends started to deteriorate, and I snipped there.

Not a single person has noticed. I have pointed out that for many of the people I am talking to, if they cut off four inches of hair and I didn't notice they'd be pissed, but then they'd be bald, so it'd stand out pretty well.

Anyway, my ends look and handle a lot better now, and I'm having a me-sick-day in the bathtub, so I've got ojon oil soaking in my hair from the ears down, and the experiment with Lush's new shampoo bars is going well enough I may never go back to non-poo-bars. My hair is looking fabulous lately and now I suspect that no one notices :rolleyes:

My room mates have also complained about how they have no idea how it gets there but they're pulling my hair out of their butts when they shower. I think it serves them right for not noticing that I cut my hair! :cheese: My hair will not be ignored and now it's on an imperialistic quest to annoy anyone who fails to see it's glory! No butt crack is safe! Muahahaha.:p

I even took some pictures but you can't seethe ends looking thin and raggedy before, so the positive change isn't as obvious. I can't even take the pictures to show off my hair.

I guess I thought that having not cut my hair in a couple of years, any cut would be noticeable. I trimmed up from almost tail bone to waist, and while WE can tell the difference between the two lengths, anyone who thinks BSL is super freaky long isn't going to be able to notice.

Don't mind the rambling. I'm sick. I blame the sick. :cheese:

CimarronSun
June 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Some people just *don't* notice things like hair length! Then, there are some people who you wouldn't expect to notice, and they do. Might not be that they do or don't care, it's just what they take in visually.

I do think it is halarious that your hair is... erm, getting revenge on their butts.

Whooo!

Sometimes getting a trim is so hard to do, but I'm sure it's worth it. Sounds like your hair is so much easier to manage now. You're certainly pampering it!

Ndnlady
June 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
My room mates have also complained about how they have no idea how it gets there but they're pulling my hair out of their butts when they shower. I think it serves them right for not noticing that I cut my hair! :cheese: My hair will not be ignored and now it's on an imperialistic quest to annoy anyone who fails to see it's glory! No butt crack is safe! Muahahaha.:p

Hahahahaha!:laugh: I love this! My dh complains of the same thing except it also gets wrapped around other places on him (I will let you figure out what that means;)).
And I would have noticed if you got a trim!:D Can't wait to see the pics!:)

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm so sorry you are sick. I am sick too so at least you have miserable company!!! :(

Your post made me snort it was so funny! No and you are so right, people really are so self-absorbed sometimes that they need to get some hair in their butt to wake em up! Hmmppffff!

Signed,
The other cranky sick girl

brok3nwings
June 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
ehehe if your are happy then you shouldnt be bothered! Many people dont like long hair. And so what? Many people dont care about hair... so thats not a personal offence. But you should be happy. you love hair and you´re loving yours ;)

Poetic
June 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I cut my hair and no one noticed. The damage from the rag curl disaster and the removal of the dreadlocks finally caught up with me and my ends were fried. :

How did you ever remove your dreadlocks? I am trying to help with the removal of dreads. But one particular dread refuses to come apart . . . no matter what I put on it, how much I cut off of it, or what I use to help in pickiung it apart.

Fencai
June 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Im sorry no one noticed!!! My co-workers tell me that Im the only one who notices these things...

I laughed hysterically!!!! Im glad that my hair isnt the only one that seems to have a heat seeking radar for dark places!!!!!

girlcat36
June 27th, 2008, 04:27 PM
You are very funny:D. Some people really just don't care about hair! When your hair is very long(waist+), I think people don't notice a cut as much.
But I DEFINATELY would have noticed your hair being cut!

Tap Dancer
June 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Most people don't seem to notice haircuts unless it's a big difference (like long to shoulder length or shorter).

spidermom
June 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I almost always notice when somebody changes their hair, but sometimes it's hard to pin-point exactly what changed, so I don't know what to say. Of course, sometimes I don't like the change, and going by 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything', I don't say anything, and nobody knows why I'm keeping my mouth shut. Which is exactly how I like it.

Patrycja
June 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I get pretty aggravated when I used to get my major cuts and noone said anything.Kind of made me think:Does it look that bad?My mom always said "I like your hair better long" and walked away. I'm also one that makes sure I compliment on hair cuts and changes but hardly ever get it back.Its okay though,I'm not growing my hair long for them.I'm changing and growing long for myself :D

mugglemomof3
June 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Oh hun, I totally feel your pain! (I cut bangs one day last week and then face framing layers the next - and no one has said anything. Not DBF, not DD12, not my boys or my co-workers. Meh).

I hope you're happy with your new 'do!! I'm sure it still looks FABulous!

BlndeInDisguise
June 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
How did you ever remove your dreadlocks? I am trying to help with the removal of dreads. But one particular dread refuses to come apart . . . no matter what I put on it, how much I cut off of it, or what I use to help in pickiung it apart.

I've never had any experience with dreadlocks, but there's a product called Cowboy Magic, which is for horses and humans. It takes impossibly huge knots out of horses tails and mane, and I've always been curious as to whether it would take human dreads out. :p

It does however, contain 'cones, so you'd probably have to clarify afterwards.

http://www.cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html

Blueglass
June 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Sometimes a trim is necessary, of course. Try to relax. You can even up the hemline latter.

Rae~
June 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hahaha, MPB, you'd hate me! I'm completely crap at noticing when people have haircuts. :p :D

Poetic
June 28th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I've never had any experience with dreadlocks, but there's a product called Cowboy Magic, which is for horses and humans. It takes impossibly huge knots out of horses tails and mane, and I've always been curious as to whether it would take human dreads out. :p

Thank you.:flower: I will definitely give it a try. It just may work wonders.:stirpot::magic:

paradoxx
June 28th, 2008, 03:52 AM

Heck, I'm going to give it a try as well and I don't have dreadlocks! My hair is naturally a tangle-magnet. I used to think that it was damage, but no such luck, it is just the texture. Maybe this would help. :shrug:

MPB: I completely agree with others who have said that the problem is that people just don't seem to notice cuts unless they are REALLY dramatic. The looked at your hair before and thought "long"; they look at it now and think "long." The average person is just not that observant. Sigh.

BlndeInDisguise
June 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Thank you.:flower: I will definitely give it a try. It just may work wonders.:stirpot::magic:

Heck, I'm going to give it a try as well and I don't have dreadlocks! My hair is naturally a tangle-magnet. I used to think that it was damage, but no such luck, it is just the texture. Maybe this would help. :shrug:

MPB: I completely agree with others who have said that the problem is that people just don't seem to notice cuts unless they are REALLY dramatic. The looked at your hair before and thought "long"; they look at it now and think "long." The average person is just not that observant. Sigh.

I will warn you both, though, that it's pretty expensive stuff.

Kirin
June 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Its pretty amazing when you realize how unobservant people really are. My husband barely notices anything, I could paint my face with zebra stripes without a single comment from him LOL.

And my hair too seems to end up on (and around!) everyone else. We are a house of longhairs, so hair is everywhere you go.

Starr
June 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out how your hair get there too. . .:disgust: :eyebrows:

That made me laugh out loud!

Most people just don't notice what we longhairs think of as a big cut, but who cares what they think, at least you have nice new ends!

missy60
June 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Wow those products for horse really have some good ingredients in them. It also says they can be used on human so I dont think there should be any concern about using them. I think a cone products loaded on might be helpful in removing dreads. It would make you hair slick and detangle better. Just like it has been mentioned you can always clarify afterwards if you dont use cones regularly.

cheekytweety
June 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Hope your feeling better now.

ljc
June 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
yup....alll that matters is that you are happy with the results. Plus, you could have freaked us all out saying you got two feet cut off!!!!!! :)

LJC