PDA

View Full Version : Rose bun triumph!

selderon
August 14th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Woohoo! I created my first successful rose bun on Friday. It survived being slept on and made its debut at a wedding the following day.

Since my own hair is too short for any such bun, I had despaired of getting to try that gorgeous style at least for the next couple years. DH's cousin's wife, however, has the most beautiful wavy hip-to-classic length hair. She asked me to style her hair for the event. It was way too much fun! :cheese: Educational too. I had no idea how much length a rope braid can suck up.

I think I may have found a longhair friend who will cackle with glee over hair toys right along with me. :D

longcurlygirl<3
August 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
That's great!

Velvet Dreamer
August 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Congrats, that's awesome!

ingvild
August 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hooray! :cheese: Rose buns are so pretty!

Yame
August 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Oh, my! I just created my first "successful" rose bun on Friday, too!

Although in my case, I say successful in quotes because it looked kind of lame, so next time I'll need to improve it... but at least I did it!

Alvrodul
August 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
That's wonderful! I love rose buns myself, they are pretty, they are secure, and you can ornament them with so many wonderful kinds of hairtoy! :D

anodyne_ame
August 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM
That's wonderful!! Both the bun and your new longhair friend!
For some reason I never seem to manage to do a rosebun properly, but now I kind of want to try again, especially if like you say it could survive sleeping...then I wouldn't have to battle with it in the morning :D