PDA

View Full Version : HELP! BSL Updo Challenged

dorothea-brooke
June 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hello all,

I am writing in desperate need of help. My hair is at BSL (hurrah!), but I pretty much wear it down every day and I know I can't keep this up (no pun intended) much longer. But I am so, so uninspired when it comes to updos. I can do a basic folded-under twist held by a Ficcare, and a cinnabun and a bee-butt. But that's it -- whenever I go to look at pix of more elaborate updos for inspiration it seems that they're mostly for longer hair.

Can anyone recommend some more interesting things to do with my hair at this length? I need to get motivated cause the daily tangling is starting to get to me.

Thank you thank you thank you!

dorothea :)

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
What about a braided bun? You can also make three regular braids down the back and wrap them around each other and use a stick to anchor it. French braid or Dutch braid? Is your hair long enough for a Figure 8 yet or Infinity? Maybe not, I just saw it's 24 inches. Mine was longer than that when I hit BSL and it took me a lot longer with my thickness to get those last 2 to work.

Riot Crrl
June 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I don't know why this is, but mine's almost 27" or so now, and I can only make like half of the 8. It might be due to "reacharound factor" because of my huge head.

Dorothea do you have layers? I do and so the braided bun is weird and end-y, but if I make a French braid and then wrap the braid so that the part that's showing is the unlayered "underside" for the most part, it works.

dorothea-brooke
June 28th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Dorothea do you have layers? I do and so the braided bun is weird and end-y, but if I make a French braid and then wrap the braid so that the part that's showing is the unlayered "underside" for the most part, it works.

Okay, now I must admit that I can't even do a French braid! :o I never hung out with that group of girls in grade school who were always French-braiding each other's hair, so I never learned. However, I did learn how to multiply fractions. :p

But seriously, I think I should do a crash-course in hair basics for myself; maybe once I can French braid I'll have enough options to keep myself going until my hair's long enough for the fancier updos.

To answer your question, Riot Crrl, I do have layers, so I think this will help. Thanks for the suggestions!

cheers
dorothea