PDA

View Full Version : my poor hair ripped out

jennyjukes
August 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
yesterday i was out with friends when i was attacked by a woman my mums age. she attacked me purely because she dislikes my mum. i'm 18 and she's 48!
she hit my head off a wall, strangled me, kicked me to the ground and all the while she was GRABBING MY HAIR.
i've been growing out virgin hair for a year now and it's all falling out in clumps on one side because of it:( so i'm really upset right now:(

Aerin
August 14th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm so sorry JennyJukes-that is totally insane.

Hamh
August 14th, 2011, 06:50 AM
This is nuts! Hope you are ok and have reported this woman to the police, she should not get away with treating people like this!! Take care of yourself x

Night_Kitten
August 14th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Wow, that woman must be insane!!!
I'm sorry this happened to you, it's terrible...

luthein
August 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
This is nuts! Hope you are ok and have reported this woman to the police, she should not get away with treating people like this!! Take care of yourself x

I second this statement. Please call your local precinct and tell them that you'd like to file a report. Since this encounter was so violent, I would also suggest looking into a restraining order.

Toadstool
August 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'm so sorry! That's a terrible thing to happen.

jennyjukes
August 14th, 2011, 07:47 AM
thank you guys
i went straight to the police and they will be in contact with me later. hopefully the witness' that were there will not let me down. i live in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business so i'm not sure i want to leave the house atm :(

now does anyone know any treatments i could put on my scalp? seems i have a few bumps and cuts :(

MonaMayfair
August 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Oh sweetie, what an awful thing to happen!
About your scalp, how about aloe vera gel, that's cooling (I keep mine in the fridge) and soothing.

kamikaze hair
August 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
jennyjukes, im sorry to hear what happened to you. I agree with others and you should definitely go to the police. That sort of behaviour is unacceptable, and this that she didn't even originally have a beef with you anyway!! I say, on top of other advice, to treat yourself, maybe do your favourite, most indulgent treatment you hardly ever do cause its to time consuming/hard/expensive/whatever... just for the hell of it. Why not, you definitely deserve it after what you and your poor hair have been through!

Charybdis
August 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
jennyjukes, are you in the UK? (Guessing you might be since you use "mum" instead of "mom".) If this is part of a pattern of threatening behavior, you can probably get an ASBO issued against this woman that requires her to stay away from you and your mother, and can result in fines or arrest if she breaches it. Best of luck in dealing with a difficult situation.

Mairéad
August 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Oh my goodness, what a psycho! I must restrain my language because that is absolutely nuts! I hope the police take the claim seriously and that this awful woman gets what she has coming. I'm glad you're OK. I'm so sorry for your hair but I'm glad it didn't turn out worse

For your scalp, I'd probably be really gentle and easy on the washing. Aloe, as someone suggested, would probably be really soothing. But, after your scalp heals you could probably use castor oil to stimulate the growth of the baby hairs to help them catch up.

spidermom
August 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
OMG; I'm sorry to hear this. That's terrible!

pixi_stix
August 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
What a nasty *$%!* I hope the Police punish her to the full extent of the law. So sorry to hear she has caused such damage to your hair. I hope it recovers real quick

teal
August 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
That's terrible! shudder: I hope the justice system throws the book at her!

If you have open wounds or scratches on your head it might not be a good idea to do a treatment until those are well on the way to healing. Treat your head and hair gently like others have said, eat well, take vitamins and drink lots of water!

ericthegreat
August 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad that you went to the police right away, I hope that disgusting woman is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Get a restraining order against her for you and your mother, she clearly is insane.

As for your hair, it will eventually all grow back. Any treatments that you put on top of your hair or scalp (like special shampoos, conditioners, and oils) won't actually make your hair grow faster, but they can improve the look of your hair. Just eat healthy, drink plenty of water and take care of yourself and it will grow back just as it was before.

newbeginning
August 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
WTH? I'm glad you contacted the police. I agree with others that this woman is insane...who attacks someone like that for such a stupid reason? I hope your scalp/hair heals and this woman is punished for her behaviour.

Alvrodul
August 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
How horrible! That woman must be a real nutcase! :blueeek:
I hope the police take action against her - what she did was assault - no two ways about it!

I hope you will recover quickly and completely - and that there are no repeats of this incident! :flowers:

Coffeebug
August 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I am SO sorry to hear you've had to go through this, that's absolutely shocking. Did you take pictures of what she's done to you? I think in a case like this I would, because it's always good to have proof. She needs to know she can't get away with doing that to people.

Lady Dragon
August 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Oww, I'm so sorry to hear that.
I hope you're able to press charges on this lady, she's obviously got some major issues if she'd attack you like that just for 'not liking' your Mum.

Sorry for the loss of your hair, I'm sure you can grow it back quick. :(

jennyjukes
August 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM
i forgot to mention that she was intoxicated - though that does not excuse her for what she did. i have had pictures taken and had to have a small patch of my head shaved to take pictures of a bump on my head, though i think it looks pretty cool. i've given another statement and waiting for the witness' to give theirs. i do not actually remember most of the attack but recall before and after so i must have suffered concussion which was ineviatable after having my head smacked off a wall and the ground! pretty hard to give accurate answers due to memory loss and the fact i haven't even heard the full details of what she did to me. not sure i want to remember as i have bruises and scratches that i don't recall getting:(

thanks guys, i'm hoping for the best. i wish there were more people like you in real life and not ones who would allow that to happen like it did to me. i'm sure i'll feel better after a cup of tea and a chat at my friend's later :)

LoversLullaby
August 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. That's absolutely horrible. :( I'm also glad to hear that you went to the police right away also. That woman is crazy. Just baby your hair a lot, be super gentle and maybe try to keep washing and handling to a minimum for awhile.

heidi w.
August 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Did you file a police report?
Did you visit a doctor? (you could have a concussion, time off work, etc.)

You may have a civil court claim, and possibly a criminal court sentende for her. But you have to file a police report to get this thing started.

Next time, call 911 ASAP.

This is outrageously uncalled for. I'd sue the pants off of her.

You might consult with an attorney, and were there any witnesses? IF so, can you recall them and find them?

heidi w.

heidi w.
August 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
OH good, you visited police. I hope they took your report.

heidi w.

CurlAhead
August 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear that. What the heck is wrong with that woman?!

Othala
August 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Poor love. Hope you are feeling better. Sending hugs your way.

I would like to :luke: that horrible woman.

Lildove
August 14th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Sending hugs your way. That was truly an awful act done to you by a crazy and slightly insane women, intoxicated or not. I would get checked out by a doctor just in case. I hope you feel better and I hope that women gets what's coming to her.

chopandchange
August 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
She can't have strangled you, because you're clearly still alive. I think you meant she attempted to strangle you. It sounds really awful. I bet you are scared to go out now. :(

Kosmos
August 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm glad you went to the police but I second the opinion that you should visit a doctor to see if she didn't do any serious damage and also just to get any damage (like the ripped hair) recorded by another professional so you can use the information against her if you decide to take her to court. That is crazy.

Snowflakey
August 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Just listening to your story makes me feel chills down my spine. If you haven't already, go to a doctor or the hospital for a check up and make sure you sue that woman's pants off in court. No one deserves to be treated this way and the criminal must be punished.

Helix
August 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Wow. I have nothing more to add since everyone else has said it for me.

I'm sorry this happened to you. That is one crazy azz b..ch. :patrol:

LouLaLa
August 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Ouch! Sorry you went through that!

If it were me Id just leave my hair loose for a while, if you plait it or put it in ponys it might put tension on your scalp and hurt more/stress the roots.

I guess leaving it alone is best and maybe a very mild baby shampoo incase you have abrasions on your scalp.

*hug* you shouldnt have to go through that and that woman intoxicated or not is old enough to know better and alcohol isnt an excuse, she drank it she made the choice. I hope her actions have consequences.

ps make sure you get LOTS of photographs while you have the bruising/damage. You should try claim damages from a criminal contribution fund (UK has one if youre there). Also if you ever ned to sue her, get lots of photographic eveidence as if you need any later help from dermatologists etc and have expenses she should foot the bill! So make sure you get your own evidence, the polices own enquires may not be enough.

chopandchange
August 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
get lots of photographic eveidence as if you need any later help from dermatologists etc and have expenses she should foot the bill! So make sure you get your own evidence, the polices own enquires may not be enough.

I think (from experience) that the reverse is true. Official police forensic photos are preferred over amateur ones.

bettylibertine
August 15th, 2011, 01:42 AM
You poor thing! :grouphug:

~*~Aspen~*~
October 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Same thing happened to me this year- some dude's chick randomly attacked me tried to strangle me and wrip my hair out simply because I was talking to her man- who I might add was not my type- just as I was on my way home..had to call the police and everything.

Now I have some hair that has thinned on small parts around my head and I can't figure out how it will affect my length ( 1 1/2 - 2 years til hip length) as this is the first time in my life (past 3 years) I have ever been able to grow my hair this long..

People like that are just beligerent.

I hope your hair is okay by now??

Please give me a heads up on how your growth is going!-

prettyinpink
October 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
you need to call the police, that women is trash

spidermom
October 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Original poster is likely all right now; this thread is more than 2 years old. Who keeps reanimating this old stuff? It's like zombies lurching around the forum.

mscm
October 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Oh dear.. that is just insane! Hugs to you, sweety..

HairFaerie
October 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
This is different than other "zombie posts".
The new person that posted today is concerned about her own hair and so she inquired about how the OP's hair grew out after their similar incident. I don't think this new person is just going around drudging up old posts and posting in them with one small sentence. She genuinely wanted to know if her own hair will grow out OK after being ripped out...
Now, chances are OPs of old posts might not even be around any more, but it doesn't really hurt to try, does it?
To me there is a difference between rummaging through and leaving one or two words on a really old post just for the sake of doing so and having a genuine, related question concerning something similar that happened to someone else also in the past. I think the new person falls into the later category. (So far.)

~*~Aspen~*~
October 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks,.. :roll: :heart: :blushing:

neko_kawaii
October 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM
This is different than other "zombie posts".
The new person that posted today is concerned about her own hair and so she inquired about how the OP's hair grew out after their similar incident. I don't think this new person is just going around drudging up old posts and posting in them with one small sentence. She genuinely wanted to know if her own hair will grow out OK after being ripped out...
Now, chances are OPs of old posts might not even be around any more, but it doesn't really hurt to try, does it?
To me there is a difference between rummaging through and leaving one or two words on a really old post just for the sake of doing so and having a genuine, related question concerning something similar that happened to someone else also in the past. I think the new person falls into the later category. (So far.)

Absolutely. And because Aspen only has three posts thus far she can't look at the OP's profile and see that the OP hasn't been on LHC in over a year. Sorry, Aspen, with email notifications down OP is unlikely to see your post. I hope someone else with similar experience pops by to speak about it!