PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys suggest...?

mallorykay13
August 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Going from traditional S/C to WO every day and then stretching washes or vise versa?

sun-kissed
August 13th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I voted switch to WO first, and then stretch. Mostly because in the state my hair was in before I went WO, there was no way I could live through trying to stretch to even every other day. It was easier for me to still be able to get it wet and use my fingers to clean my scalp during the major transition, and then once my scalp stopped producing as many oils trying to stretch.

christine1989
August 14th, 2011, 02:11 AM
It never occured to me to do WO first but that isn't a bad idea. Personally I stretch days but my hair tends to end up oily at the roots and dry the rest of the way down. Maybe this WO method is my ticket. :D

Ishje
August 14th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I never did WO, but when I was stretching washes I tried to get more time between them every time, until I could not put it off anymore.
first I had to wash my hair every 3 day's, then every 5 day's and now every 7 day's.

Avital88
August 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
CO would help better i think,WO seems to dry out my length

Madora
August 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Stretching the amount of days worked for me. Actually, it was more like stretching for 2 weeks at a time. I shampooed and conditioned my hair every 2 weeks, and of course brushed my hair every day with a clean bbb.

And over a period of a couple of months found that I could stretch washes for a month, which suited me find since I hated shampooing and conditioning anyway because of the tangles (which I've since found a way of diminishing greatly).

JamieLeigh
August 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I just started out by stretching my washes, and I really didn't have any trouble. You can get away with washing less if you wear your hair up most of the time, at least while you're adjusting to a new routine.