PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful color and trim at salon today!

patienceneeded
August 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
So, after 7 months I decided I couldn't stand the demarcation line between my roots and the red color any longer. I went to http://www.nurtureinspiredhair.com/ and I couldn't be happier! I am still a renegrey, but an impatient one who couldn't just wait...

Sarah Prentice was my stylist and she's a longhair (just past BSL). She loves to trim just a tiny bit, as she harbors the same fear that a stylist will be too scissor happy. I said I wanted it to look almost as if it hadn't been cut at all.

For the color, we were going back to my roots. I had red chemical dye that was 8 months old and faded, plus the underlayer had Manic Panic that had faded but was otherwise stuck like glue to my hair. She sectioned the manic panic hair from the rest and used a gentler remover to pull the MP out (permission for chemical given by me) and then did an all-over dye for my whole hair that was 1 shade darker than my roots (to account for fading). The salon uses direct deposit dye and is ammonia free. The shampoos are sulfate-free and non of the conditioners or products contain 'cones.:cheese:

I am totally going back to this salon when I need my next trim, and hopefully I will not need any more color treatments.

Pics! This one is last week, August 4, 2011

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=109644

NEXT - Today, view #1 Sorry for the change of background, DH has the actually camera and is gone hunting this week.

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=110306

And one more...

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=110305

I LOVE IT! Sorry for the long post...

EDIT - Forgot! She CO washed my hair without blinking an eye and when we were talking about styling products she asked if I ever used coconut oil for a hair treatment and that coconut oil or EVOO worked really well as a leave-in. She did blow it dry, but asked me first. I wanted to see the color in dry hair, plus did not feel like spending all evening with a wet head, so I had her dry it. She was great! I almost asked her if she was from LHC...

xoerincolleen
August 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
It looks really pretty! Sounds like you had a great experience! :)

CurlAhead
August 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
When I see the difference, (because I have the same crunchy ends that you have in the first picture) I
really want to get a haircut... By a hairdresser. Ohhh, tempting..

Mairéad
August 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Your wavies are so pretty!

ALYSSA
August 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM
that is so great for you:) I would deffinatly love to go to that salon!

Kathie
August 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Congrats! It looks great :agree:

UltraBella
August 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Very pretty !!!!!!!

Sunsailing
August 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
It looks fantasitic!

Love the color.

spidermom
August 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Terrific result!

Miss Maisie
August 14th, 2011, 11:07 AM
That right there is my dream hair! It looks beautiful!!

*Seraphina*
August 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
It looks great!

paper
August 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Your hair looks really pretty, LOVE the color.

patienceneeded
August 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Thank you for all the lovely comments! It feels SO soft too. DD4 said it is her favorite and it is the most beautiful of all the colors I've had. (She's seen me red, blond, and streaked) I'm so glad to be done with dye! DH liked it as well. :)

Carolyn
August 14th, 2011, 01:07 PM
It looks fantastic! I love the color. Chemicals are not always the evil that so many think they are.

jeanniet
August 14th, 2011, 01:07 PM
She did an amazing job--your hair really looks great! Congrats on getting back to all one color. :)

AlabasterAlice
August 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
That is wonderful! It's so nice to hear that stylists actually put forth and effort to take care of your hair the way you want it cared for. I'm really interested in getting a tiny trim and I'd love some color (I am a recovering hair color junkie) but I don't want someone lopping off four inches, or using a color that's damaging.

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear about the shampoos and conditioners, as well. Sounds like a lovely job all-in-all.

Did it cost about the same as a normal haircut or was it more expensive? (Just curious about such things)

selderon
August 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I love your new color. Your hair looks so healthy and shiny. Just beautiful.

And congratulations on finding a stylist you can feel great about seeing again and again!

Chetanlaiho
August 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I want one near me, pronto xD This experience is almost exactly to the letter what I'm looking for ^^; (not too scissor-happy trim, cone-free CO wash and a deposit only darker dye)

McFearless
August 14th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I love it. The colour is so rich and gorgeous.

Maelyssa
August 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! It's really really lovely! And I'm glad to hear of your positive salon experience. It seems so often people have poor experiences that it's rather refreshing when someone with long hair has a really great experience. So glad you shared. Wish I was across the country to go myself. I'd be up to give it a try even for just a trim & maybe deep conditioning.

Congrats....beautiful!

bettylibertine
August 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Wow it looks great!

kidari
August 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Your hair looks fantastic! I really enjoyed your post- I wish there were more positive salon threads like this one. Congratulations on finding a great stylist!

Mesmerise
August 15th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Your hair looks so lovely and sikly and healthy now! That sounds like it was a wonderful salon experience. I know there are some great stylists out there who really care about their client's hair health, and it's lovely that you found one!

julliams
August 15th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Oooh - looks lovely!

alyanna
August 15th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Fantastic results!

See once in a while, a cut and color is merited. At least you'll be loving your hair as you grow it longer.

Congrats and happy growing :blossom: