PDA

View Full Version : Nexxus was no go for me

GabrielleRose
August 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I tried Nexxus Therappe and Humectress and I am the least bit impressed. First off, the shampoo burned my scalp even though I used very little and diluted it. The conditioner felt like it just coated my length and didn't detangle all that well, but when rinsed out my tangles fell out. Also, my hair didn't turn in to a tangled mess once I got out of the shower which always seems to happen. The good was it really brought out my natural blonde hair which I absolutely LOVE, and made my hair nice and full which is a plus! But the bad seems to weight out the good for me... Though my hair looks decent, it feels very dry to the touch, frizzy and I can also see my splits in the mirror when I'm not even close to it! Yuck! I guess organic is the way to go for me. I'm just wondering why I got such horrible results? Could it be, because I've been using organic for over 6 months? I just don't know! I really wanted it to work for me, but I am still on the look out for something worth HG status. :(

GabrielleRose
August 13th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Help please... :(

Copasetic
August 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Nexxus didn't work for me either. I very much doubt that it didn't work for you because you have been using other products for the past six months. It just didn't work out, like a lot of products. :shrug:

Keep searching and you'll find products that work for you.

Mairéad
August 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I used a Nexxus product right before I started experimenting with routines and my hair actually got kind of mushy. It almost felt protein deficient but I think it just coated my hair THAT much.

GabrielleRose
August 13th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Nexxus didn't work for me either. I very much doubt that it didn't work for you because you have been using other products for the past six months. It just didn't work out, like a lot of products. :shrug:

Keep searching and you'll find products that work for you.

Thank you! I remember I used it a few times before and it would work for a few days and then I'd break out in bumps all over my scalp. I should have known better... I'm wondering if I will have problems going back to sulfates and cones?

GabrielleRose
August 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I used a Nexxus product right before I started experimenting with routines and my hair actually got kind of mushy. It almost felt protein deficient but I think it just coated my hair THAT much.

Wow, I'm steering clear of this from now on. It just stinks, I can't seem to find something nice for my hair because it's so picky lol!

Copasetic
August 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thank you! I remember I used it a few times before and it would work for a few days and then I'd break out in bumps all over my scalp. I should have known better... I'm wondering if I will have problems going back to sulfates and cones?

That's really odd. There are so many ingredients in those products that it might be hard to identify which one caused you that reaction.

Maybe it was the fragrance. It's a pretty common irritant for a lot of people.

spidermom
August 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I liked Nexxus products at first, but they made my scalp itch over time. I didn't know about buildup in those days; maybe I just needed to clarify. Anyway, I don't use Nexxus anymore.

Othala
August 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I loved the Theratin shampoo for about 3 weeks, then my scalp started itching. I still use it but I rotate 3 different brands of shampoos and it is fine. I just could not use it exclusively.

virgo75
August 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM
The Nexxus Therappe shampoo is very moisturizing. I like it but can't use it often because of that.
The new formulation of the Humectress conditioner is AWFUL! :nono:
It's very coating. It's great for killing frizz because it seems like a silicone serum with a little conditioner added. But it doesn't actually condition very well.

I agree that it could be any of the ingredients bothering your scalp with the main culprit being fragrance which can bother even non-sensitive scalps.

I hope you're able to find something that works for you. :flower:

GabrielleRose
August 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
That's really odd. There are so many ingredients in those products that it might be hard to identify which one caused you that reaction.

Maybe it was the fragrance. It's a pretty common irritant for a lot of people.

There are quite a bit of ingredients in their products which freaks me out because a lot of them I'm like what the heck is that!

It could have been the fragrance, so thank you for telling me that but I will just stay away from the Nexxus brand all together. :)

I liked Nexxus products at first, but they made my scalp itch over time. I didn't know about buildup in those days; maybe I just needed to clarify. Anyway, I don't use Nexxus anymore.

The scalp itch is a deal breaker for me, I can't say I discovered build up from Nexxus but my reactions from their products didn't really make me feel like continuing use with them so maybe that's why I didn't experience build up.

GabrielleRose
August 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I loved the Theratin shampoo for about 3 weeks, then my scalp started itching. I still use it but I rotate 3 different brands of shampoos and it is fine. I just could not use it exclusively.

What is it with Nexxus causing some serious itching amongst us? Lol! I'm glad it works for you in your rotation though. :)

The Nexxus Therappe shampoo is very moisturizing. I like it but can't use it often because of that.
The new formulation of the Humectress conditioner is AWFUL! :nono:
It's very coating. It's great for killing frizz because it seems like a silicone serum with a little conditioner added. But it doesn't actually condition very well.

I agree that it could be any of the ingredients bothering your scalp with the main culprit being fragrance which can bother even non-sensitive scalps.

I hope you're able to find something that works for you. :flower:

I didn't find their products moisturising at all! But that could be, because I'm judging the appearance of my hair that it left me with. Yes it was full, but felt dry, lots of frizz, and it really made my few splits noticeable. :(

But thank you for your hope in me finding something that works. I think I might have, I'm hoping... :pray: Last night I tried a CV bar alone with no ACV or conditioner and just a light spraying with AO honeysuckle rose in a mister for the tangles and my hair looks nice and full today. I really hope it continues to work, but I'm wondering if it bad to use the CV bar alone without the ACV or conditioner? :confused: