PDA

View Full Version : I have tons of baby hairs, I might as well have bangs, what could be causing them?

ghilliegirl_an
August 13th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I've always had lots of baby hairs around my face that never grew very long but lately I've gotten so many more that it almost looks like I have thin bangs. I've always though they were just damage from my dance wig but the damaged hairs feel different that these do and these new mysterious baby hairs are actually growing :bigeyes: They are about chin length or a little shorter now and don't stay back with bobby pins very well so they are quite annoying. Anyone else have this, any ideas what would cause this sudden explosion of short hairs?

McFearless
August 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Have you been taking more care of your hair lately? It could be new hairs that grew from inactive follicles, or your baby hairs you never noticed before because they were so short.

spidermom
August 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I often have this. A lot of the hairs around my face have a very short growth cycle, like 2-6 months short.

anodyne_ame
August 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Before joining LHC I was more into benign neglect with my hair. I used to have a halo of baby hairs, a ton of them near the hairline. I had always thought that that's just the way my hair is and always will be, but after I started oiling and actually minding what I do to my hair, they started growing longer!
If you've changed something in your haircare routine, it's very possible the baby hairs got all excited and are now happily growing longer :)

clairenewcastle
August 13th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Sounds like new growth due to your hair being better cared for.

Toiréasa
August 13th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I have the same thing going on,I think it is from all the love I have been giving my hair the past 2 months Yeah LHC!

truepeacenik
August 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Mine come from glasses- hair gets caught and breaks.
When i got new frames that are less grabby, I got wispies all around my face.

racrane
August 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I've noticed them as well, mostly from taking better care of my hair. They're kind of annoying because they stick out sideways in their curly pattern no matter how I try to lay them flat. Ah well, it shows my hair is growing and happy. :)

ghilliegirl_an
August 13th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh Yay! I hope you all are right about the new growth thing, I have been taking better care of my hair lately, I used to be a flat iron addict and now am going on 7 months heat free :) I suffered from a big shed due to illness and BC side effects so maybe all those hairs are starting to grow back. I was really scared that my hair was gonna start breaking off again like it did then because it's in the same area but like I said they don't feel brittle and dry like they did before and they are getting longer. I'm so excited now, you all made my day :)

-Ashley

rena
August 14th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Have you been taking more care of your hair lately? It could be new hairs that grew from inactive follicles, or your baby hairs you never noticed before because they were so short.

I never knew hair follicles could be inactive :eek:.

Sookie
August 14th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I have baby hair growing all over my face since i remember my self! Hahaha when i was 4 i used to cut them because they wouldn't stay in place with the boby pins. They were wavy and unmanagable. Now i am 17 and i of course i am still having them..like you they are on my chin right now :p