PDA

View Full Version : oddity hair comment

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
The place where I work our warehouse guys says to me "you look weird with long hair" :rolleyes: I guess that what happens when my hair comes down once in a blue moon :rollin:

girlcat36
June 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Maybe he meant cute or nice but was too embarrassed to say so.

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe he meant cute or nice but was too embarrassed to say so.

It's ok, I found humor in it :D just thought i'd share how odd some people can be :D

FrannyG
June 27th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Lora, I laughed out loud when I read that. :rollin: I think I know that guy! :) Some people say the craziest things. I wonder what he expected your response to be? :p

Thanks for sharing this. :flowers: I needed a good laugh. What would life be without the occasional clod who says something completely inane? :laugh:

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Lora, I laughed out loud when I read that. :rollin: I think I know that guy! :) Some people say the craziest things. I wonder what he expected your response to be? :p

Thanks for sharing this. :flowers: I needed a good laugh. What would life be without the occasional clod who says something completely inane? :laugh:

I always seem to get the oddball comments about my hair ;)

joyful373
June 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
LOL...don't you love it?

maybe the subtitles should have been something like this:

What he said: "You look weird with long hair."

What he ment: "Wow, your hair is extremely long and pretty. I'm not used to seeing your hair down and am not quite sure what to say."

Thanks for sharing :)

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
HA HA! I had a weird guy I used to work with once tell me that he liked my hair straight and not FRIZZY. Granted my hair was not in as good shape as it is now but still..good grief. What is wrong with people? Glad you took it well! :)

vidgrl007
June 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
lol,some guys just dont know how to express themselves:)

HairColoredHair
June 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
That sounds like "gosh, you look different today and boy oh boy I noticed!" (since you said you rarely wear your hair down.

I look 'weird' with my hair down too.

Magicknthenight
June 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM
haha that made me laugh :D
Ive gotten some pretty weird comments too!
Some people are shocked when they say "your hair is so long!"...but to me its not at all! Its nice to get compliments like this once in a while!
Not too long ago a friend of mine said "Your hair just gets longer everytime i see you!" :D Awesome!!!!

Nat242
June 27th, 2008, 07:25 PM
LOL! People say the darndest things. For example, at dinner the other night a friend, we'll call him C, was describing a colleague to the group. He said, "You know, she always has her hair pulled back really tightly in a bun - it looks so weird"...I (who was wearing a braided bun) raised an eyebrow at him and said, "Ahem. What's so bad about wearing a bun?" C backpedalled... "Yours don't look like hers, not at all" :confused::rolleyes:

Conclusion - people say odd things. It's what they do best! :D

-- Natalie

StillAHulaGirl
June 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Haha! I've had the same thing happen. I have been going to the same bank for years, but none of the tellers recognized me at first when I had my hair down. One of them actually said "I never knew your hair was long!" lol:p

Patrycja
June 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
It's a under cover hair compliment :lol: I would take any compiment now :D you should do a really neat intricate bun and see what happens LOL

littlemiss
June 27th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Haha! I've had the same thing happen. I have been going to the same bank for years, but none of the tellers recognized me at first when I had my hair down. One of them actually said "I never knew your hair was long!" lol:p

I know this feeling to well if I go into work on a day off for something or run into someone from work out of work hours they look puzzled as if they know me but just cant place me!!

truepeacenik
June 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
one of my coworkers got this from the new mayor of her community:
"your hair is sort of kinky for a reporter, isn't it?"

What a dork he is. My friend has the most awesome curls ever.

add the fact that he's at least twice her age and ...ewwww.

cheekytweety
June 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
How odd, but funny. I have male friends who give backhanded compliments all the time. (if thats the right way to say it)