PDA

View Full Version : help here !

sana junaid
August 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM
hey ..i shed alot these days and its happens to me evrytime whenever im reaching to tailbone length they start to shed and my hair gets thiner from the ends,then i have to chop them off i have thick hairs but they get thiner when im reaching to tailbone.i want to grow longer what shud i do? :( should i cut them off and just maintain waist length:s

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I say S&D, maybe you are growing as they say fairytale ends? Maybe strnghten your hair, moisturize it.

BabyRay33
August 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
maybe getting a trim could end it...just do a little one and see if it improves, then if you need to do more you could.

ALYSSA
August 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Personally I would let it grow to TB ,thin ends and all and once you get ther if the thin ends bother you maintain TB for a while until there gone. I second trying S&D. Are your ends dry? do you use heat? There is a reason their breaking off.

Anje
August 12th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Do you always cut back to waist, then let it grow without cutting to tailbone, where the ends are thin? If that's the case, I also suggest just cutting off a little bit, maybe 1-2 cm, and keep your hair at that tailbone length, trimming off all the growth every month. I think you should see it start to thicken up with time. Or keep it a little bit above tailbone if you want somewhat thicker ends, but keep trimming to that length for a while.

spidermom
August 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
My ends always thin out and dry out if I grow without trimming. I get best results by trimming a little bit off the ends every 3 months or so. I'm talking no more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch per trim, unless I see a lot of damage, then I'll trim more. I've got some really fast growing hairs because every time I trim, there will be the few odd hairs that are 1-2 inches longer than any other hairs.

sana junaid
August 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
yes they are growing like fairytale ends .my real concern is about why my hair start shedding alot when they goes below my waist?? yes i cut them off at waist length everytime because they fall madly :s

Anje
August 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hmmm. That's interesting and you're the second person I've seen claim that recently.

Is your circumference actually decreasing if you let your hair get that long? Are you shedding more full-length hairs? Or could it possibly be that it looks like more shed hair simply because the ones that shed out are longer (seems unlikely to freak out someone who already has had at least waist-length, but seems to regularly terrify people growing from pixie to shoulder for the first time)?

I'm wondering if perhaps you're getting to the terminal length of the hairs around that point and so they grow to TB and then shed out. However, if you cut to waist, those hairs would still shed out because the time that the follicle has been producing hair is the deciding factor, not the hair length.... Forgive me, I'm just trying to figure out how this would work while typing.

I'd say to monitor your circumference for a while, see if it actually gets thinner at the nape if you get to TB. Also make a note of the time of year it is when you reach it. If you grow fast enough to reach TB in a year or so, I could see you having a seasonal shed pattern that happens to line up with your growth and cutting cycle.

spidermom
August 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
The increased shedding might be because a lot of your hairs reach the end of their growth cycle around tailbone length. There's not much you can do about that, I'm afraid. Every hair on every head will only grow for so long before it sheds out - some for a few months, others for a few years, a very few as much as 10 years.

sana junaid
August 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
anje my circumference is not really decreasing i think but i will start note it down , and yes im shedding longer hairs. hairs from my head to midback are thick as ever just hairs from waist are getting thinner :s im actually growing my hair this long first time in my life so i really dont know much about long hairs im really worried about this shedding thing !

sana junaid
August 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
yes you are rite spider mom is just a part of hair cycle, but how would anyone knows that they could go that longer ?i mean to say that is there anything that we can figure out that our hair will grow that longer or i cannot go that longer??

sana junaid
August 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
sorry for my bad english. english is not my first language :(