PDA

View Full Version : long,curly hair.. can be held by spin pins?

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hello, so I was lurking here and there and I was wondering, does anyone here think the Goody spin pins to get tangled in ones hair? Is it only good for thin/medium thick hair which is wavy or straight, but can curly's use them as well? I don't know how many can hold them that's why I haven't bought any and especially for the price :( any suggestions?

curlsgalore
August 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I haven't heard of the spin pins getting tangled in anyones hair. I have long curly hair, tailbone length (tapered) and I used the spin pins with not problems. I have a set of the regular sized ones and am considering purchasing the short ones...possibly today, if I can find them. I also ordered a set of black ones off ebay for really cheap, although I had to add a little bit of nail polish to the ends because they weren't as smooth as the goody ones.
I actually need 3 if not 4 spin pins to hold my hair depending on the style. I want the shorter ones for this reason, to use along with the two regular sized ones. I hope this helps. Please update if you end up purchasing some. :)

redcelticcurls
August 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I use them, and have never had a problem. You do have to remember to spin them in and out of the hair, and not pull the way you would a bobby pin.

carmenvanessa
August 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I love my spin spins, I have curls and they never get tangled.

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
thank you for all your responses. I think I am going to get my sister to take me to buy some right now :p. I have $6, I can buy them at target. I will keep you posted on how they worked.

Animae
August 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Just remember to spin them in and out of your hair, like a cork screw.

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2011, 11:19 AM
That's what I have thought, but was afraid to buy because I think it might tangle, so I don't know? I am going to buy them now.

88Marisa
August 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I think you'll like them. I use mine all the time and I'm actually considering getting more. I think they are even better for curly hair because they won't mess up the curl pattern (unlike bobby pins) and they really don't slip out of curly hair at all.

I can secure a loose bun quite well with just one pin and it won't budge at all if I use two. I also will sometimes braid my hair and then fold under the end and secure it using just a spin pin. I find them pretty comfortable to sleep in that way.

Lollipop
August 12th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I love spin pins, they're my go to tool for holding up my hair. I usually damp bun so my hair straightens a little, but I have put my hair up in its curliest state and it didn't tangle. They do have a bit of a learning curve. I have even slept with spin pins in my hair (after damp and dry bunning), and although your bun can slide down, I have never had spin pins stuck in my hair. Sometimes when you're twisting them out you can pull on them a little funny, but I just twist them in a few turns and try again. Hope this helps!

Sanyia
August 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I love, love, love, my spin pins!

On a side note, remember to take them off before swimming in the ocean, or they will rust :(