PDA

View Full Version : Henna Gloss as a DT?

giuditta
August 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I henna every 4 weeks, and do a DT with Dr Haushka Neem oil or Vitaka oil every week.
Now I was wondering can I add some henna with the oil and do a henna gloss as a DT to brighten up the colour?
My idea was a little bit of henna, some tea, and lots of oil and conditioner, and leave it all night.
Do you think it's a good idea? Do you have nice recipe ideas?

TheCatSaidQuack
October 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM
I'm actually doing one at this very moment, except my oil is coconut oil, and I threw in a good bit of buckwheat honey. So far, so good...little runny ( I made the mistake of squeezing the conditioner bottle too hard).
I'm thinking of this as an SMT + henna.
I say go for it!

giuditta
October 2nd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks TheCatSaidQuack! How much henna did you use? And let me know what the result is, did it make the colour more beautiful?

Gulbahar
October 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
I'm quite sure it won't work if you mix the henna with oil because the actual dye is only soluble in water. I used to do SMTs with a tablespoon of henna mixed in which I really liked.

giuditta
October 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm quite sure it won't work if you mix the henna with oil because the actual dye is only soluble in water. I used to do SMTs with a tablespoon of henna mixed in which I really liked.

What else did you put in the mix?