PDA

View Full Version : Shower freak out - is this a lot of hair? PIC

Raqdoll
August 12th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Okay, so I'm trying to stretch my washes - my scalp was super thick with sebum so I washed with Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo. Got a good lather on the scalp and rinsed. Got a few hairs from that - no big deal. Went on to do a cassia treatment. Left the cassia in for a couple of hours - after rinsing and conditioning and conditioning and conditioning. I started to panic a bit...I cleaned the hairs off my hands 3 times while finger combing.

Seriously, this hairball is more than I pull out of my BBB!

So I just need some opinions, is this in the ball park of normal for waist length hair? I asked my husband and he said 'yeah, pretty much' and it is possible since I wore my hair braided yesterday that this is 2 days worth of shed...but I'm still a little worried - my hair feels thinner than ever (I'm not too surprised with thinness - I've insulted it pretty badly with 3 color stripping sessions and 2 short bleaching sessions in 5 months time)

So whaddya think? (if you click the image it'll get larger)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/jenndances/Hair%20journal/th_photo-2.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/jenndances/Hair%20journal/?action=view&current=photo-2.jpg)

Theobroma
August 12th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Looks about the same as what I shed during washing, and I suppose I would be "stretching washes" by many people's standards; I wash about every six days to once a week.

My hair doesn't seem to be thinning, so I guess it's within normal tolerances even if it does look like a lot of hair coming out.

Quixii
August 12th, 2011, 04:27 AM
It looks normal to me. :shrug:

EvaSimone
August 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Looks pretty normal to me. I wash every other day and I get a chunk of shed hair too. :)

christine1989
August 12th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Considering that...
1.) your hair is on the darker side (so it always seems like more) and
2.) you had just done a cassia treatment
I think that is an average amount to lose. I bet if you counted it you would find that there is a lot less there. I always pull "huge" balls of hair out of my drain then when I count them realize it's only about 10-15 hairs.

Othala
August 12th, 2011, 04:57 AM
That's about 1/5th of my hair shed after a hair wash and I make sure I have a thorough comb out before washing to remove all the loose hairs I can.

You have nothing to woory about!

kanaka
August 12th, 2011, 05:08 AM
thats a lot normal. i shed lot more than urs. but if i comb thoroughly before washing i shed may be 10 hairs. so dont worry.

pepperminttea
August 12th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Looks like normal to me, especially given that's two days + a wash's worth of shedding. :)

pink.sara
August 12th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Looks totally normal to me, last time I colour stripped and Hennaed I lost enough hair to make a "hair rat" for making my fringe quiff... :)

StormVixen
August 12th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I always shed A LOT when i do the cassia thing... i vote normal.

Raqdoll
August 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
*Whew!*

Thanks Ladies. It's nice to have a bit of reassurance :-) I normally shed about 1/2 - 2/3 the amount of hair than I did today...so it was a bit shocking. I feel kinda silly now.

Cowgirl16
August 12th, 2011, 09:44 AM
It looks normal to me. I have stretched my washes to once a week and I've noticed that my shower shed appears to be a lot. I think when you wash your hair, the weak hair is more "giving" than when just combing or brushing IMO? I have noticed though that my next days shed is a lot less than normal :shrug: