PDA

View Full Version : What does your hair HATE?

PinkyCat
August 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Everyone's hair has a little personality of it's own. What products that seem to work wonders for others, make your hair ANGRY?

Mine? Aloe & anything with acid, like vinegar or citrus.

vanillabones
August 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
My hair HATES garnier products.

Slinks
August 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM

:lol: I could have written this !! and yesterday I discovered, it doesn't like Silk either .. I used a sample package yesterday ..

archel
August 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Protein! I just recently discovered this. Oh, and shea in any formulation or any product in any method - great for my body, disastrous for my hair.

neko_kawaii
August 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I first tried aloe vera as part of Kimberlilly's defriz spray and LOVED it the first couple days and then it went horribly horribly wrong and I couldn't figure out what happened. Then I happened to read something about how aloe sucks moisture out of hair if the humidity is low but adds moisture when the humidity is high. I must have tried it first on a humid day, LOL. Given how quickly the humidity can change from none to raining this time of year and is arid most of the rest of the time, I think I'll be staying away from aloe on my hair!

Mairéad
August 11th, 2011, 01:50 PM
My hair hates cones and sulfates. I know it works great for a lot of people but my hair truly hates that combo.

Eire
August 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Mousse. It makes it sticky and limp.

faithsdaisy421
August 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Anything made by Herbal Essence. My hair is a MESS after I use any of their products!

pepperminttea
August 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Protein, and lots of 'cones. (Though a little bit of 'cone does agree with it. ;) )

Slinks
August 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
and shea in any formulation or any product in any method - great for my body, disastrous for my hair.

YEP !! Ditto for me too ..

AlannaMaria
August 11th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Another vote for Garnier products. My hair just becomes disgusting with those--along with most gels. It ends up looking sticky and unnatural.

kitschy
August 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Pillows. My hair hates pillows.

Slinks
August 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
My hair just becomes disgusting with those--along with most gels..

and serums .. gee I've quoted 3 people .. my hair hates a lot of things !! lol

Slinks
August 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Pillows. My hair hates pillows.

I'm really glad my hair likes pillows but it has to be "THIN" cos my neck hates no pillows .. what do you sleep on ??

BTW I use a satin case

rocksmom
August 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Garnier (I'm seeing a trend here). Shampoo bars. CO for more than a wash or two. Being cone free. Most TiGi products. Gels.

AlannaMaria
August 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
and serums .. gee I've quoted 3 people .. my hair hates a lot of things !! lol

Oh, serums are just awful on my hair. I remember spraying a Garnier serum on my hair before my sophomore year school picture...the results were horrendous. : P I still shudder to think about it.

kitschy
August 11th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm really glad my hair likes pillows but it has to be "THIN" cos my neck hates no pillows .. what do you sleep on ??

BTW I use a satin case

Oh, I sleep on pillows, but I pineapple my hair - and even with that I can only go 1 or 2 days between CO washing to revive the curl and get rid of frizz.

Valdeon
August 11th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Coconut oil, keratin... anything with protein. It took me along time to figure it out as I kept getting all these terrible split ends!

longcurlygirl<3
August 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Mousse and -CONES

Khiwanean
August 11th, 2011, 03:01 PM
harsh detergents, hair spray and to a lesser degree heavy cones.

DuckyDot
HONEY. Omy! Honey is just BAD for my hair.

Slinks
Oh, I sleep on pillows, but I pineapple my hair - and even with that I can only go 1 or 2 days between CO washing to revive the curl and get rid of frizz.

ah .. lol .. yeah I think if my hair was curly like yours I would pinapple it too :-) :D

Slinks
August 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
. Being cone free.

oh boy, another quote from me .. my hair just cannot stand having no cones ..

Anje
August 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Silk protein. My hair isn't particularly fond of proteins in general, but silk protein seems to make it particularly unhappy

spidermom
August 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
My hair has no opinions.
I decide everything.

I don't like what baking soda or vinegar do to my hair.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Mousse hairspray any styling product and anything that comes in a tub

lillylonghair
August 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Most ''styling'' creams seem to leave it suuuuper greasy. Panthenol leaves it coated and gunky and gross. Thats about it....My hairs isn't too picky. Oh yeah and too much protein is not good for it either.

lillylonghair
August 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Silk protein. My hair isn't particularly fond of proteins in general, but silk protein seems to make it particularly unhappy

Oh yeah my hair does not like that either...

ALYSSA
August 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM
its so funny how things that others peoples hairhates makes mine fabulouse and vise versa.

My hair has no opinions.
I decide everything.

^^ haha spider mom your so funny!
My hair hates being cone and SLS free. Ive noticed my hair likes to just be left alone most .Organic shampoos and stuff dont work for me but just a simple light oiling with coconut oil after bein washed with shampoo and coney conditioner my hair loves.

oktobergoud
August 11th, 2011, 03:41 PM
HONEY. Omy! Honey is just BAD for my hair.

This! I've tried it several times because everybody used it but my oh my my hair was a dry mess every time!

Mamakash
August 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM
My skin (or scalp) will hate things long before my hair will . . . fragrance or additives seem to set my skin off. Only thing that really disagrees with my hair is city (chlorinated) water. We had well water most of my life and a water softener as well, we got a water softener when we moved into an area with city water, but I waited for the shower de-chlorinator. Having one makes a big difference for both skin and hair. Well worth having.

Copasetic
August 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Aloe vera gel. I went through a whole bottle of it hoping I would figure it out. So many people love it that I assumed it would work for me. It left my hair crunchy and gross. And it smelled like body odor.

CurlyNaomi
August 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
My hair hates any kind of cones, except the peg one. I'm sensitive with most products that contain aloe, I can be okay if it's very very low in the ingredients list. I GOT TO avoid most sorts of protein, makes my hair dry and brittle. Coconut, hempseed and avocado oil did nothing for me. It hates to be washed with shampoo.

Lady Dragon
August 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM

That's funny, mine loves them.

My hair hates dry winters - it gets frizzy and dready!

SoulOfTheSea
August 11th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Does humidity count? Yeah, my hair hates humidity with a passion...

DARKMARTIAN
August 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM
...military barbers

Mesmerise
August 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
My hair hates most serums and leave ins. It looks greasy and they never work properly :( I tried lots of defrizzing things and they never really seemed to defrizz just greasify.

Lady Dragon
August 11th, 2011, 04:40 PM
My hair hates curlers, curling rags and curl serums...
it will not hold a curl to save my life.

Chiara
August 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
My hair disagrees with thick, coney conditioners after the first few washes. Initially the effect can be great, and then the lank hair look sets in...

rocksmom
August 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
My hair hates most serums

That's something I forgot to add to my list: serums. It can usually handle quite a bit of cream as long as I avoid my roots, but just a couple drops of serum leaves it an oily looking mess.

vanillabones
August 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Another vote for hating having no cones :D my whole head will turn to splits if I try that again!
My hair also hates being curled, it never holds. Maybe once it is longer I can try rag curls and foam curlers and such, hopefully that will have better results but I'm doubting it :( I love curled hair.

tolly
August 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM
castor oil on my scalp makes me break out, numerous cellulitis on my scalp.
anything with glycerin used as a leave in gives me moisture overload

Trish in SC
August 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm a brand new newbie here, so I am not sure yet about my hair. I did the SMT for the first time the other night, and it was frizzy (more than usual!). But, I don't know why. Perhaps it was the aloe or maybe the honey.

Anyhow, hello to everyone and thanks for having such a wonderul website. I am looking forward to getting my hair healthy. I haven't blow dried for about 2 weeks. There's so much information, though, I'm a bit overwhelmed. :)

SoulOfTheSea
August 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm a brand new newbie here, so I am not sure yet about my hair. I did the SMT for the first time the other night, and it was frizzy (more than usual!). But, I don't know why. Perhaps it was the aloe or maybe the honey.

Anyhow, hello to everyone and thanks for having such a wonderul website. I am looking forward to getting my hair healthy. I haven't blow dried for about 2 weeks. There's so much information, though, I'm a bit overwhelmed. :)

I did my first SMT 2 days ago, and my hair was very frizzy as well!! More than usual! The next day, it was quite voluminous and not very soft =/, now it's day 3 and my hair is soft, but it wasn't a miracle or anything... maybe it's my climate.. :confused:

SoulOfTheSea
August 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Oh, and welcome to LHC Trish in SC! :)

Trish in SC
August 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I guess we'll just have to keep experimenting with the treatment, and find out what works best. I think I read on one post that honey can cause some frizzes, so maybe I'll leave that out next time.

SoulOfTheSea
August 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I guess we'll just have to keep experimenting with the treatment, and find out what works best. I think I read on one post that honey can cause some frizzes, so maybe I'll leave that out next time.

Anytime! :) What I did notice about the honey, though, is that my hair did get slightly lighter, which I was happy about! :cheese: I always wanted to try honey lightening and an SMT, so I killed two birds with one stone in this case. :D Perhaps I shall leave out the aloe vera next time, I will just keep experimenting until it works.

Unless someone can tell us what hair is supposed to look like dried after an SMT?

kidari
August 11th, 2011, 07:01 PM
My hair doesn't like oil on the scalp and anything by Herbal Essences.

CurlAhead
August 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Shampoo, brushes, protein, silicones.... And a lot more, probably!

jujube
August 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
My hair really hates shampoo.

littlenvy
August 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
*looks around*

My hair hates Suave conditioner. :p Actually it does not like too much moisture.
I know, you say 'how can hair hate moisture?' but mine seems too. Too MUCH moisture makes my hair act like elastic. It can't be brushed, it can't be styled, it can't be put up... it can't be touched at all or snaps off!

katsrevenge
August 11th, 2011, 07:45 PM
My hair has no opinions.
I decide everything.

I told mine that one night and it tried to throttle me in my sleep! :D

Mine tolerates most things I do to it, likes a few but does have a few hates. High humidity, low humidity... any humidity out of its tiny sweet zone really... it hates black hair dye, Tressemese shampoo (but not the stuff in the black bottle??), the hair oil I picked up after two weeks of loving it, sunlight, damp air, rain, combs, brushes, small hair clips and mini claws (eats them and then it takes me 20 minutes to carefully pull them out)... :rolleyes:

silversnow
August 11th, 2011, 08:08 PM
My hair hates VO5, reallllly hates it. I had a lot more shedding and breakage and my hair felt dry and gross. As soon as I switched back to Tresemme it was a huge improvement in texture and hair retention.

missmaggieeliza
August 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Mine too. LOL I ended up using the left over G shampoo in my weed sprayer s a sticker. Baddddd for me.

missmaggieeliza
August 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Sorry shouid have proof read that better. Should be weed sprayer Tank and As a sticker.

rena
August 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Mine actually likes the Garnier conditioners. It does not like super sulfated shampoos and clingly conditioners. Cones have a wierd effect on my hair that I can't warm up to.

chickpea
August 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Sulfate shampoos dry out my hair and make my scalp itch. Trying to go cone free was a disaster, my hair is much happier with cones.

Plain aloe vera gel - sticky and drying.

LhasaMom
August 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Long time lurker...

My hair hates anything really -coney (serums, etc). And curling, it won't curl for anything.

bluequeequeg
August 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Humidity. When I lived in the desert, my hair was rockin'. Now? Crazy frizz.

Rivanariko
August 11th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suave, V05... any cheap cone-free conditioner (haven't tried the higher end ones, it likes cheap coney stuff so I'm sticking to that!), Boar Bristle Brushes, and hard water. Oh, how we hateses the hard water.

JellyBene
August 11th, 2011, 11:42 PM
my hair hates sulfates! They just make it all limp and liefless :(

Loreley
August 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM
My hair hates sulfate shampoos and cones. Sulfate shampoos make my hair very dry, cones cause tiny knot on the strands and make my hair frizzy.

Cassie 123
August 12th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Glycerin. It turns my head into a huge fluffy frizzy sticky mess.

Sundial
August 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM
My hair hates protein! It starts breaking off in bits if I use too much of it so I only use protein-free products now

Miss Maisie
August 12th, 2011, 12:42 AM
My hair tolerates...just about everything. The only thing I can't get it to tolerate is going a few days without washing. I've gotten to the point where I can alternate S&C on one day, CO the next (a major victory), but it's been a process.

Ermine
August 12th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Cones, dandruff shampoo of any kind, not washing daily, gel, oil (unless it's part of a deep treatment I'm washing out), serum, pretty much any product that claims to eliminate frizz.

And straightening irons. It flattens my hair like no other and it usually can't even straighten my natural flips. My hair doesn't wave too much but the waves it has are stubborn.

Jing
August 12th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Rooibos, tea in general, coffee. I wish it liked the coffee. I love the coffee!

Arashi
August 12th, 2011, 02:48 AM
My hair definitely hates sulfates.. If I wash it with a sulfate shampoo even for one day it's guaranteed to become a poofy floaty mess. It can handle coney conditioners, though I don't prefer them because they seem to be less moisturizing on my hair than cone-free conditioners(and they make me breakout).

Also, I'm starting to gather that it doesn't like dry weather. Oddly enough, it seems that with my current routine, my hair actually really likes humidity. :shrug:

lunalesca
August 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM
My hair really hates yogurt. I'm not sure about proteins itself, I have stopped all protein experiments since a nasty yogurt experience :rolleyes:

Also it seems that it does not like products containing much glycerin.

Sagi1982
August 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Honey, olive oil, henna (makes my hair dry and wiry) and the well-beloved SMT.:(

kanaka
August 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
My hair hates Ganier products. my hair becomes greasy.... and i lose lot of hair as well

Spacescape
August 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Do hair toys count? My hair hates sock-bun "donuts" and those goofy little whirl-a-bun things. Actually, I should rephrase that--my hair doesn't only hate them, it eats them! They are rescued with difficulty ;)

Product-wise, it doesn't seem to be very picky. Of course I have my favorite products and my not-so-favorites, but the only thing that has really made it freak out (at least that I can remember) was Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo. I had dandruff and needed a medicated shampoo, but that stuff wrecked my hair... I had to stop using it because I wasn't willing to deal with the mass of straw on my head the next day. Apart from that, it seems to be good as long as I remember to condition it every time I shampoo.

americanjan1
August 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
My hair hates pretty much everything. Except water and conditioner. It hates shampoo, SMTs, protein, humectants, sulfates, cones, honey, oil of ANY kind whatsoever, beer, egg, mayo, ACV, baking soda, gel, mousse, serums, sprays, creams, pastes, leave-in treatments....it also hates cheap products and expensive products equally. After much trial and error, I have found that as much as I love to spoil my hair with rich treatments and fun concoctions...it really isn't fond of them, which is boring because I actually enjoy deep conditioning and treatments and I am a total product junkie. Apparently, less is more. Literally, the only thing it loves is Suave Mango Mandarin conditioner. Why? Yawn.

TheCaityCat
August 13th, 2011, 01:23 AM
My boyfriend's super moisturizing Bedhead shampoo and conditioner. They work awesomely for his super curly and dry hair. They were awful on my hair. Halfway through the day my hair looked like it hadn't been washed in a couple of days. It was greasy and stringy and I couldn't wait to clarify that stuff out!

IanB
August 13th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Going out in strong wind!

BeatlesFanGirl
August 13th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I first tried aloe vera as part of Kimberlilly's defriz spray and LOVED it the first couple days and then it went horribly horribly wrong and I couldn't figure out what happened. Then I happened to read something about how aloe sucks moisture out of hair if the humidity is low but adds moisture when the humidity is high. I must have tried it first on a humid day, LOL. Given how quickly the humidity can change from none to raining this time of year and is arid most of the rest of the time, I think I'll be staying away from aloe on my hair!

It's good to know that! I use aloe gel, but my area is medium humid, so I havent experienced drynes with it.

My hair hates:

- sls
- chemical hair dye
- protein
- jojoba
- doesnt hate cones, but I avoid them anyway.

christine1989
August 13th, 2011, 02:41 AM
My hair is pretty chill- it is fine with just about everything except heat. Just a little heat styling and my hair will have a split on every end.

MonaMayfair
August 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
My hair hates every oil I've tried on it except Argan, which it will tolerate in tiny amounts.
I've also jumped on the Rooisbos tea bandwagon and have been spraying it on my roots every night. My hair's fine with that, but when I tried a Rooibos rinse the results were revolting, all stringy and coated.

MonaMayfair
August 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Also - my hair doesn't HATE cassia - I use it on my lengths every two weeks when I do my roots with henna/cassia - bu it does make it dry and coarse, unlike the silky shiny results I've read other people get.
I use it for thickness...

Nymph
August 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Pantene stuff. Urgh. I know some people love it but it's a disaster for me.

Henrietta
August 13th, 2011, 09:42 AM
It seems like I'm lucky. My hair hates only honey and proteins. And too much sulphates, meaning more than one in a shampoo :D

AuburnAlight
August 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Oiling while being coated with cones. This would be obvious of course, but I just wanted to give it a try yesterday. I put on just one or two drops of extra virgin olive oil to my palms and applied it to my hair, and today it is all coarse and tangly. Another lesson learned. :)

redcelticcurls
August 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Silicones that aren't water soluble or PEG modified.
Sulfates
Protein, with the exception of keratin
Glycerin - the hair dye hates it more than the hair hates it.
Myristal alcohols
Panthenol
Coconut oil
Straight jojoba oil
Too heavy in the plant extracts - causes a proteinish reaction
Dry oiling
Honey
Henna

Monkey962
August 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mixing shampoo and conditioner. I always buy them together, and once when I ran out of conditioner, I tried using another brand that I had. It didn't work. It was like I hadn't conditioned at all, and just scrubbed the length. Speaking of conditioner, maybe my hair doesn't hate it, but I personally hate over-conditioning. Same goes for using too much oil. I usually use Jojoba, which I thought was pretty light, but if I use too much, my hair'll be greasy through several washes.

Chetanlaiho
August 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cigarette smoke, chlorine and it seems to not particularly like sulphates.

My hair is fairly apathetic when it comes to liking things but these three it just does not do well with :/ (for the smoke even if it isn't directly exposed but e.g. in a room where people have smoked or the bedlinnen in a room where people have smoked, my hair will still freak).

SoulOfTheSea
August 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention silicone serums... my hair just ends up being dry after I put that in.

TheLaughingGod
August 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well it's not that my hair hates it, but my hair cannot be straightened, everytime someone has tried it springs back to natural waviness in about an hour

clairenewcastle
August 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Cones and protein are what my hair hates the most.

rena
August 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I told mine that one night and it tried to throttle me in my sleep! :D

Hm, this sounds too familiar...

Rosetta
August 14th, 2011, 02:23 AM
- oils as leave-in
- "natural" hair cleaners - shikakai, aritha (soapnut), both in powder and liquid form
- CO for more than a couple of washes
- being cone-free for too long
- any heat appliances
- stretching washes too much

Ardellis
August 14th, 2011, 06:19 AM
My hair seems to be pretty tolerant of most things I've tried on it, but then I've only been here for a month, so maybe it's just that I haven't stumbled yet into the thing it'll hate that everyone else's loves.

Mirsha
August 14th, 2011, 06:40 AM
I don't like the feeling of protein treatments - for the first couple of hours after it dries. It feels rough at first but then it eases out into silky smoothness.

I don't like CO washing because it leaves me with limp hair and a LOT of time spent rinsing.

Cones, no cones, honey.. etc. Make no difference. My hair treats them equal.. except the oil-shampoo method I haven't met anything that absolutely destroyed my hair yet.

kme81
August 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I have to rinse out ALL of my conditioner when I wash, if I don't my hair turns clingy, drab, tangles easily, and looks damaged. :(

Gvnagitlvgei
August 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Heat and any type of heat protectant. I'm sitting here mad as heck about my hair. I flat-ironed it and it feels weird. I'm doing an oil-protective style this week to keep the dang humidity out of my strands...and, well, I'm just so mad. LOL.

CurlyCap
August 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
1. SHAMPOO. I have very dry hair, and shampoo strips it completely. It usually takes 2 days just to recover, so I usually only shampoo if I have to (ie, my scalp feels icky and I want it cleaner).

2. DRYNESS. Sometimes I get busy and can't co-wash. Sometimes I'm broke and can't buy my oils or serums to be sealers. This is when my hair gets dry and I remember that when angry, my hair is a dangerously violent POOF MONSTER.

scottigirl_01
August 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Fructis (sp?) made my hair listless, dull, heavy in a not nice dirty way.

newbeginning
August 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
My hair does not hold dye to save it's life (I think that's a red head thing). I can't use BB brushes nor CO wash. I also can't stretch washes.

Quetiepi
August 18th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'm new here, and I am learning a lot. I came here and read a lot of threads as Welcome Back Unregistered. I gave up the hair crack a little over a year ago, no more hair color, going gray. The combination of cheap box hair dye and blow drying turns my hair into straw. I manage to go 2-3 days between washings, but my head gets too warm from the natural oils my scalp produces. It feels like a plastic bag on my head. I take 2 calcium tablets a day (my mother had osteoporosis) and I think that helps it to grow.

ellen732
August 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
ACV rinses..........no matter what ratio of ACV to water I use, it never does anything good for my hair.

bluesnowflake
August 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
My hair hated Garnier pure+clean. It made it sticky and dull.

bluesnowflake
August 18th, 2011, 07:47 PM
It also hates round brushes. Basically brushes in general. My hair is too thick for them and they make it fluffy.

Kelikea
August 18th, 2011, 07:52 PM
My hair hates anything with heat. Is "heat" a product? Blow dryer, straightening iron, curlers. Its like instant splits, breakage, and dryness. I try to manipulate it as little as possible until dry. My scalp also seems to hate shampoo. I haven't found one that I can use on a regular basis. It gets itchy and flaky.

Desideira
August 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
:draw:

my hair hates pantene... i tried one of most "nourishing" mask they have and my hair were getting, dryer and dryed. I end up with straw looking hair

Evething from pantene make my hair strawish blah:(

my hair hates sls. I discoved this this year. All my scalp issues were becaouse of sls shampoos.

twistedangie
August 19th, 2011, 06:40 AM
My hair hates everything I can by in the store of shampoo, so I have to boil nettle(somtehing I was reading in a book some time ago made me try it.) with only water to make it look like hair and not electric steel threads.

Mayflower
August 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM
My hair hates 'cones. Or at least, I hate the way my hair looks with them. Whenever I use them my hair gets thin-looking, flat, heavy and with this unnatural shine. I much prefer the shine of true healthy hair than the artificial one caused by 'cones!

WinterButterfly
September 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Mine dislikes garnier. It hates vo5. Vo5 makes my hair feel like it is coated in play dough. Garnier was great when I had extreamly bleach damaged hair. No that I have only a tiny damage it just makes my hair stringy and hard to comb.

sugarpixie10988
September 23rd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Protein! My hair becomes a super dry, tangly mess when I accidentally use products with protein in it. :( Luckily, it seems pretty tolerant of everything else I've tried.

SarahKayfa
September 24th, 2011, 02:35 AM
My hair hates humidity, brushes, baking soda, and Pantene products.

Neneka
September 24th, 2011, 03:13 AM
At least amodimethicone. I haven't tried another silicones yet. Sulphates. Also heavy oilings seems to do nothing good to my hair. I just get build up.

tigereye
September 24th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Oil. In any way shape or form. My hair does not get on with it at all. My hair is yucky and limp whenever it's got oil in it, it takes so many washings to get out that my hair always ends up in worse shape than it started, and often feels nasty and horrible after because the washing has totally removed all the moisture that was in it in the first place. Gah. And stupid me keeps trying new oils to find one that works, but they all end up giving me the same horrible mess.

embee
September 24th, 2011, 05:20 AM
baking soda..... how to make my hair feel like straw.... :( ... terribly tangly and breaking off right and left.

Vanilla
September 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Pantene for me too. My hair looks lifeless and greasy after using their products. They worked great for me in high school.

rowie
September 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM
My hair hates pantene pro-v products, silicones, and sulfates. My hair loves coconut oil, henna and anything organic from mother earth.

lechatn0ir
September 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Uhh my hair hates garnier frutis products, other than that my hair loves everything..

moon2dove
September 24th, 2011, 08:37 AM
My hair hates Aloe, It makes my hair stick to my scalp to my scalp because it causes too much static.

MaryRose
September 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Using frizz control products. I used it for a while to tame down frizz and it just made my hair limp. I switched my and my daughters shampoo and condition to non cones. My hair loves it and my daughter's hair hates it. So no I use my shampoo and she uses her own garnier frutise 2 in 1 shampoo. It funny how our hair is so different in needs.

Cainwen
September 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM
My hair seems to be fairly easy going. I remember it not liking suave shampoo much, it refuses to be straightened, and humidity makes it frizzy/gives the halo effect. The only thing it 'hated' was the combination of Pantene Naturals and our hard water. Limp, straw-like, dull. blech. Never had a problem with Pantene Beautiful lengths though.

irishlady
September 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
My hair doesn't like hair sticks, when my hair was BSL it spat them out the second I put them in.However, it does seem to stay put with my beadmask hair barrette, which has a hair stick as part of it. And Chinese buns will stay put for a while too.
I haven't tried forks so maybe when my hair is longer. :)

einna
September 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Dry climate, serums, low moisture conditioners, harsh detergents and alcaline produkts like baking soda.

And heat actually, I rarely blowdried even before LHC, because it would give me BIG, dry hair. I would have rocked the 80`s if I was a few years older... ;)

Orangerthanred
September 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
My hair hates humidity. My hair is normally extremely thick, but when it gets a little bit humid my hair volumizes itself even more. I usually end up having to wear pig tails [if I wear my hair in a ponytail when it's humid, the holder will break].

TheCatSaidQuack
September 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Argan oil...I'm not sure why, because it loves coconut and jojoba oil...but argan made it into a lank, crunchy mes, no matter how much I used.

TheBluffs
September 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Dove shampoo. My scalp goes nuts.

McFearless
September 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
It hates being fondled inappropriately.

BeccaAngel
September 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Herbal essence is oily for my hair, its already oily enough by itself. And matrix volume hair spray, just doesn't do anything at all that its supposed to, but then again my hair is too fine for most styling products. Doesn't work or doesn't last long at all. :)

natural80
September 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
My hair hates 100% shea butter or going SLS and 'cone free. I'm like a few of you ladies. My hair needs 'cones and SLS. My hair hates to be co-washed and tied tightly with elastic bands.

Kayla Nyx
September 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
my hair doesnt like suave conditioner :D

MrsGuther
September 25th, 2011, 08:21 PM
My hair HATES tresemme products with a passion!!

amantha
September 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Any suave shampoo or conditioner. They make my hair feel dry but also greasy at the same time. Gross!

AspenSong
September 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
There's still things I have yet to even try (shea butter, argan oil..etc) but as of right now - I KNOW my hair truly hates cones after being cone-free for so long...and it hates anything Garnier. I gave the Triple Nutrition a couple chances and it made me almost consider shaving my head when I got out of the shower!! My hair felt like I'd just bleached it....that straw, crackling, ick feeling. =/

It also seems to hate staying braided. And any bun but a Nautilus with a flexi-8....haha

ccmso12
September 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
coco nut and olive oil turns it into a snappy mess!

owlathena
September 25th, 2011, 09:35 PM
My hair HATES the wind. Or the wind hates my hair. Oh the tangles...

Charlotte:)
September 25th, 2011, 11:34 PM
My hair hates all things natural which is ironic, because I'm kind of a hippie...

bratz81
September 26th, 2011, 03:08 AM
hmmm, shampoo bars, any Garnier products and anything by Herbal Essences now they seem to have changed the formula. Shame cos I used to love it.

Also, anything by Tresemme, except the heat protection spray which I used to use, and any kinds of serums, gels or mousse.

Apart from that, it's not so fussy :)

Aeris
September 26th, 2011, 08:27 AM
My hair HATES the wind. Or the wind hates my hair. Oh the tangles...

Same here!

And I hate how where I am (Texas) it's so unpredictable..more than once have I planned a day to wear my hair down after a wash, sock curled it and had it look so pretty, only to step outside and find that it's too windy :( The worst part is that it doesn't seem nearly as windy when I'm just leaving my apartment, because of the tall buildings in all directions. So it's not until I get to my university that I realize how bad it is. If I don't have a hairstick or anything with me to contain it somehow, I will seriously consider whether or not I really need to attend those classes that day :p

ETA: Oh, and my hair and scalp hate tea tree oil - I think I'm sensitive to it, it makes my scalp itch and flake a lot.

CastaDiva
September 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
My hair hates coconut oil!! Heavy coconut oilings results in massive shedding.

misspurdy06
September 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Curling irons! Makes my hair go limp and straight. I know, I'm baffled too.

FrozenBritannia
September 26th, 2011, 11:52 AM
My hair hates being well behaved..

Soniasonia
September 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Mine hates petroleum and all of its' byproducts such as mineral oil and isoparaffin. Anything from Pantene as well.

xovictoryxo
September 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM
aerosol hairspray. ;/ My hair will turn to one giant dredlock ratsnest

chachagrace
September 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
My hair hates olive oil. It immediately makes it feel all "gunked" up and in need of major clarification. It loves coconut oil however.

melmmo
September 26th, 2011, 12:44 PM
My hair hates not being washed daily (CO currently), any Herbal Essences products but especially their haircolors, hot and humid weather, but loves light rain. It hates any heat styling (especially flat irons) but unfortunately also hates air drying, and rebels by being wavy in some places and straight in others. Oh, it also hates brushes.

MissAlyssa
September 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
My hair hates shampoo which makes it a dry frizzy tangly mess. And proteins, they also make my hair so poofy and dry and it breaks off like crazy, which is the worst part :P

littlestarface
September 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
My hair hates me *waaah*!