PDA

View Full Version : First time with MP...any helpful hints?

seethruugirl
August 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone! I'm going to use MP for the first time tonight...teal and purple. I have naturally dark hair thats been hennaed. I am just doing some streaks nothing drastic. I will not be bleaching my hair to do the MP. I'm just hoping something will show up. Does anyone have any suggestions for helping it to show up w/o bleach? Thanks so much!!! Robyn

MermaidOH
August 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hmmm...I was reading about MP last night and I don't remember if it was here LHC or just google that someone had post about using a vinegar rinse pre or post wash to make the color adhere better. I will see if I can find it.

MermaidOH
August 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
OK so I googled MP and vinegar and ended up at their user tips page and it seemed that some people used the vinegar before they colored but most used it after to rinse the color. it seemed that some used straight vinegar which I think would be way too harsh on your hair but diluted would be fine. Good Luck!:D

SoulOfTheSea
August 11th, 2011, 09:35 AM
See my post (and others) about this here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8340&pictureid=108794

HTH :)

seethruugirl
August 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
See my post (and others) about this here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8340&pictureid=108794

HTH :)
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions! Have a wonderful day!

gabee
August 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hmmm I honestly don't think you'll be getting the results that you're hoping for with hennaed hair... Teal + red (from the henna) would give a brownish purple and purple + red would give a more brownish colour. Manic Panic doesn't even work too well on hair darker than light brown. If you want funky coloured streaks, I would recommend getting small clip-in extensions. You don't have to worry about dealing with messy dye, just clip in every morning and you're set! And the colour wouldn't fade quickly either! No one has to know ;)

theodora
August 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
SoulOfTheSea your link must be broken because when i click on it, it takes me to one of your hairstyle pics. Were you referring to the recent thread about doing streaks with MP and you provided some advice re using ACV rinses after dying with MP?

seethruugirl
August 12th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Yep, you're right, Gabee...I got nothing. I just rinsed my hair and my daughters who is 8 and hers is dark brown...and it rinsed completely out and there isn't even a hint of a tint. Its so weird...I thought there would be something....but, there is NOTHING. I didn't even use anything but, water to rinse mine. I guess I'll have to get the clip in cause I don't want to bleach. Thanks again guys! At least I tried! :) Robyn