PDA

View Full Version : New Sensations

AutumnLeaves
March 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I have to say that since cutting out all the hair dye and no longer coloring my hair, the texture seems to have gone from medium/coarse to fine/medium. It feels so very soft all the time and I honestly cannot keep my hands out of my hair. Now, if it was only long, I'd be one happy camper!
:taz:

Neon Gloss
March 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, there's nothing better than the feeling of undyed, well kempt hair! It'll get long soon, just keep growing. ;]

FrannyG
March 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Sweetie, just hearing that made my day. Now as for the length, it will be long and soft before you know it! :flower:

TammySue
March 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
:knit: Yippee!!!! You'll get there Sherry! Just keep a knittin' and stay busy and your hair will be long before you know it!!

SaveTheTapirs
March 13th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I can relate. When my hair was bleached, it felt like straw. I chopped off all the damaged hair, and that helped a lot. Then I discovered LHC and started cutting back on washes, and doing cold rinses and oilings, and wow! I couldn't believe that my hair could ever be so shiny and smooth!

Keep up the good work and your hair will thank you by growing long and healthy. Good luck!

AutumnLeaves
March 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement. Sometimes I forget I'm on a hair board as I've made so many friends here. But because of pioneers like Leni and SilverLocks, Peggy E. and Caldonia Sun, Ole Gray Mare and Schnauzer Mom, and of course, my dear friend Tammy Sue, I got brave enough to go natural. I earned every last one of these silvers. Truly it has been very freeing and I'm just loving it!

Kirin
March 13th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm not ready to ditch color and brave that, but I only use body art quality henna now. I used to bleach, dye, repeat....ugh, how horrible! it felt awful....

I can relate, I still S&C daily, but carrot oil every night and BBB that through, and i cant stop touching my hair!!

Silver Strands
March 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I'm so glad you're loving your hair!

Just think where you'll be this time next year!

SchnauzerMom
March 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm glad that you're happy with your hair, it sounds very pretty and it will be long and pretty in no time.

Chamomile betty
March 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Glad you like the feel of your new hair.
Just give it some time and will grow in nice and natural.

DavidN
March 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Congratulations, Sherry, on this WONDERFUL news, and I am so happy for you, and happy growing!:happydance:

teela1978
March 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Sherry I had a similar experience when I finally cut off most of my dyed bits. Complete hair change. My strands actually feel thicker now, and it looks much more glossy than it ever did while I was dying. And I can completely relate to the "can't keep my hands out of it" syndrome :) Some of my waviness disappeared but it's been less work dealing with straighter hair.

It'll get longer in no time. Enjoy your new hair.

AutumnLeaves
March 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks everybody! We're all in this together, yes?

Xandergrammy
March 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement. Sometimes I forget I'm on a hair board as I've made so many friends here. But because of pioneers like Leni and SilverLocks, Peggy E. and Caldonia Sun, Ole Gray Mare and Schnauzer Mom, and of course, my dear friend Tammy Sue, I got brave enough to go natural. I earned every last one of these silvers. Truly it has been very freeing and I'm just loving it!

I'm so happy that you're loving your hair!!!!

spidermom
March 13th, 2008, 08:11 PM
That is so nice to hear, Sherry. I've got a similar thing going on. I cut off the bad, dried-out, split hair at the bottom, and now I keep running my fingers down my strands whenever my hair is down because I can't get over how fabulous it feels.

I'm trying to get over myself. Truly, I am.

tomm
March 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Congratulations, Sherry! This is wonderful news!

SilverLocks
March 13th, 2008, 11:08 PM
That's great Sherry. I don't really classify mine as coarse, it just doesn't feel like it though one assumes that greys are coarse. Isn't nice not dealing with touching up roots? And your hair will be long in no time. It's probably getting stimulated by all that touching.

darkwaves
March 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'm so glad you're happy with your hair! Those curls deserve love and attention.

AutumnLeaves
March 14th, 2008, 03:42 AM
SpiderMom, you always make me laugh! I've heard that grays tend to be coarse but I don't think mine are either, otherwise my hair wouldn't feel so soft!

spidermom
March 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM
SpiderMom, you always make me laugh! I've heard that grays tend to be coarse but I don't think mine are either, otherwise my hair wouldn't feel so soft!
Well, that's good. There's no such thing as too much laughter. (ps - some of my silvery hairs are quite wirey)