PDA

View Full Version : Is there an LHC page on Facebook?

Raqdoll
August 11th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Or group? If so, what's the addy? I'd love to give my favorite long hair community some Facebook love!

ETA: well, I found this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Long-Hair-Community/143604492378279 but it doesn't have any information about it or any links back to here so I'm inclined to think it doesn't have any affiliation.

katsrevenge
August 11th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Same! I wanna know! :)

Nevvie
August 11th, 2011, 12:39 AM
There isn't an official page that I know of but a few members have made pages about LHC and hair care. I followed one for a while but it's been dead for about a month and a half. I think the others are equally inactive. Eventually people get bored and the pages just die.

Raqdoll
August 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM
There isn't an official page that I know of but a few members have made pages about LHC and hair care. I followed one for a while but it's been dead for about a month and a half. I think the others are equally inactive. Eventually people get bored and the pages just die.

Yeah, I'm guilty of neglecting a page or two. :p

JamieLeigh
August 11th, 2011, 02:03 AM
The one fisher2 was referencing in that long post of his is one of those new private facebook groups that you have to be added to, to even be able to see. In other words, if you have a friend on Facebook who is also a member here, ask them if they're part of it and they can add you. It's actually quite active, we get lots of posts per day. :)

sycamoreboutiqu
August 11th, 2011, 02:03 AM
There is now.

Do a search for Long Hair Lovers ........

sycamoreboutiqu
August 11th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Oh poop. Should have waited for the reply.

Oh well - there is another one now - not private but maybe a place to gather before we get to join the private one.

JamieLeigh
August 11th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Just be careful calling it "Long Hair Lovers", you might get some creepies in there. :/ If you start seeing a bunch of men with unpronouncable names that use women's hairstyles for their profile photos....delete! Abort! Abandon ship! :(

sycamoreboutiqu
August 11th, 2011, 02:15 AM
LOL - good advice. Never thought of that .... oh geez.

sycamoreboutiqu
August 11th, 2011, 02:17 AM
How do we wrangle an invite to the official page ? Could I ask to be admitted ?

JamieLeigh
August 11th, 2011, 03:12 AM
The only way I can think of is to be invited by someone who's already a member. :confused:

katsrevenge
August 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well, that blows. :(

I now have a sad.

CaityBear
August 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Journey-to-Long-Healthy-Hair/141317459267688

I've got one. I have been a bit lazy with it lately. I usually post hair care tips but I'm running out of ones (or keep forgetting which I put up already lol) and I put up hair updos and hair length pictures. I want other people to add their hair pictures. :) Maybe you should join and add your hair pictures. :P

ETA: I guess I should add that it's not necessarily a LHC page, just one for people growing out long/healthy hair. But most of the people are from here I think.

faithsdaisy421
August 11th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I would like to ask to be admitted as well!! Hook me up... lol!

Rebecca.1905
August 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I would like to be admitted to the private group as well, if anyone would be willing to help me out? PM, please?

Arya
August 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM
oohhhh private group? I want in!

DARKMARTIAN
August 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Ya gotta know the secret knock/password combination...

Its....knock, knock, knockity, scratch scratch, knock, knock, "who's there"..knock, knock, knockity knock....

then you yodel.........:)

Copasetic
August 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM
There used to be an official LHC group on facebook, but it was closed because of privacy concerns.

DARKMARTIAN
August 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The one in question here though exists currently, and is by invite only I believe. Thats how I got in anyways...:D

Joribear
August 11th, 2011, 12:27 PM
So, there is a private FB page sanctioned by LHC?? I would think that there would be a sticky along the lines of: "If you're on FB and want in on our private LHC page, post here with your FB link!"

Maybe something along the lines of a different user permission schedule - if you have access to the Meets section, I wouldn't think access to a FB page would be all that out of line?

DARKMARTIAN
August 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Its not sanctioned by LHC. It was created by people that wanted a place to discuss hair endeavors with other members offsite.

Joribear
August 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Its not sanctioned by LHC. It was created by people that wanted a place to discuss hair endeavors with other members offsite.

Ahhh, that is much better then!! I had gotten my feathers lightly ruffled! (Good thing I have no feathers, I have enough ruffling with frizzy hair as it is!)

Capybara
August 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'd like to know more about the group - it's totally private? If someone could send me a pm that would be great! :)

triumphator!
August 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Wait, I think I'm in said group. Appears to me that there are several!

TealDolphin
August 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I would like an invite also please :)