PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Hair Sad :(

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
ok I just feel sad today. Sometimes I feel like i have fugly hair. I have shorter layers in the back as im still growing out the graduated bob cut n I get frustrated thinking I will just cut it and start over BUT I would be way short n still layered in the back. Maybe its not as bad as I think it looks in the back I can only hope but I think it looks terrible. I just wish I had my one length hair back. Just wanted to share my sad hair day with everyone. I really hope that these layers will eventually grow out n be decent hair. (fingers crossed)

Thanks all for reading :)

dulce
August 10th, 2011, 04:41 PM
1 also am growing out layers and feel those fugly hair days.What has helped me is 1 found an easy wear up style 1 like ,so 1 put it up most times these days and forget about it.Then suddenly some day it will be the length 1 was wanting.My go to style these days is a single braid down the back with a long tassel held with a flexi 8.JUST LOVE those flexi 8's!! So pretty and versatile.If it's up you won't fuss about your hair.

deko
August 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Would you make the text look normal-sized and black, thanks.

As fo your hair, I would like to see pictures. It may not be that bad.

Hair grows and you can mend it on the way. I have layered hair and I'm growing it. My layers help the crowing prosess. I cut them this lenght so I don't have to worry and hassle about spreading the leave-in- conditioners and the trimming would be easier.

dulce
August 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
A french twist is an easy elegant daily style for mid length layered hair.

dulce
August 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
You can use a ficcare /beak clip or one of my much loved flexi 8's for that french twist.

prettykitty
August 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I am going through a bit of an ugmo stage with my hair, too...it's just past BSL, with some layers that are just past APL, thin, going through a bit of a shed, massively fairytaley....
I'm just practising benign neglect, this stage will pass.

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
awww thank you all so much for the kind words I really appreciate it so much. Sorry for the text issues.

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I do keep my hair up most of the time usually peacock twist, thanks again all means a lot. :)

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
You can use a ficcare /beak clip or one of my much loved flexi 8's for that french twist.

im not sure what a ficcare clip is but i do know what the flexi s are i want to get one not sure where to get one thou

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Would you make the text look normal-sized and black, thanks.

As fo your hair, I would like to see pictures. It may not be that bad.

Hair grows and you can mend it on the way. I have layered hair and I'm growing it. My layers help the crowing prosess. I cut them this lenght so I don't have to worry and hassle about spreading the leave-in- conditioners and the trimming would be easier.

Sorry about the text. I tried to fix it as best as I can. I have pictures in my album. I hope its not as bad as I think. :)

spidermom
August 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Just do teeny tiny trims about once every other month. Those shorter layers will catch up.

Maelyssa
August 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I've checked out your album & your hair is lovely. There are many of us growing out some form of layer or another here but it definitely doesn't make your hair ugly. As spidermom has already mentioned, do tiny trims a few times throughout the years & it will even the layers up without sacrificing much length at all. One of our forum members Emichee did this from around bra strap length & managed to grow to classic in just a few years with an even blunt hemline.
Keep up the good growing & take care of the hair health...you hair is definitely NOT fugly.

jeanniet
August 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
You can see Ficcare clips at ww.ficcare.com. I think most of the time our hair looks better than we think it does. If you do little trims, your hair will be evened up faster than you think, and it looks just fine now anyway. You just have to be patient and let it grow.

dulce
August 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/chicaaa1/long%20hair/DSC00808.jpg (http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/chicaaa1/long%20hair/DSC00808.jpg)

dulce
August 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Those are some of my flexi 8's,you can custom order or buy what is displayed.Just check out the flexi 8 link in" the hair toys" on this forum or check out the general discussion threads on flexi 8 clip threads .

Madora
August 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
im not sure what a ficcare clip is but i do know what the flexi s are i want to get one not sure where to get one thou

Slo2gro..here is a link to the Flexi 8 folks:

http://www.flexi8.com/

Excellent service! Flexi 8s come in various sizes and are very easy to use.

Keepitgrowing29
August 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hi slo2grow,

You are not alone...I have sad hair days too. Your hair is very nice and seems to be growing out just fine. If you are really concerned about your layers...you might be able to disguise them by creating some bun waves. Don't worry, you will feel better about your hair tomorrow I know I always do. :)

MissAlyssa
August 10th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm having one of those days today too. I bleached my hair about a year ago to get back to my natural color, but now the texture is just so dry and brittle and tangly, no matter how many oils or conditioners I use on it :P But it will grow out eventually, just like your layers :)

utdesertrunner
August 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I feel your pain. I am growing out a bob after having BSL hair and it is hard. I had NO idea how much I would miss my long hair. I do a lot of short braids, twists and ponytails to try to not even think about it. Outta sight...outta mind right? And before you know it you will be past the awkward stage.

slo2gro
August 11th, 2011, 12:48 AM
thank you guys all so much im gonna check out the flexi 8s. Its nice to know im not alone, here is where the sense of community really begins to be felt I appreciate it all Group HUG lol