PDA

View Full Version : Freakish Hair Growth?

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Over the course of a month i've grown a bit more than 2 inches! Bless you summer hair growth...bless you. lol:cheese:

Slinks
August 10th, 2011, 03:36 PM
lol ... :-) I'm almost in Spring !! come September YAY altho I've never actively grown my hair I know I grow well in summer, so SUMMER here I come !! I'm excited to "think" of the length I'll gain !! :-)

good for you on your growth !! 2 inches wow-zers ..

christine1989
August 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
This summer has been good to me too- waist just crept up on me without my knowledge. Hopefully it will warm up here in Seattle so I can squeeze a few more inches out of the summer season.

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
You're worried about it warming up?! I'm down here in Texas...we're on our 45th day of triple digit heat. I'll switch with you anytime! lol

deko
August 10th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I WILL get to waist by the end of the year.

Summer has been good to my hair. I get to trim some ore and still get to waist this year.

I'm "am I at waist already" -lenght so maybe an inch will do to gain a full waist.

I plan to stay at the waist lenght and grow out both the color and the layers. It's going to be a hard 5 years.

gthlvrmx
August 10th, 2011, 07:13 PM
So lucky! I haven't gotten any big spurts i think recently and im due for a trim now. :(

ericthegreat
August 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Congratulations! That is impressive growth over this summer! I'm also getting a growth spurt myself this summer, I had my roots bleached and colored this June and now already in many places my dark roots have grown out up to an inch and a half.

MajorasMask
August 10th, 2011, 08:22 PM
WOW. congrats! Two inches is amazing!
See, I've never really measured my hair until this month, so I have no idea what my growth rate is. I hope I'm as lucky as you are!

MajorasMask
August 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Ahahaha, growing that fast, you probably couldve watched it slowly creeping out of the scalp xD

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Lol thanks guys! I was freaking out this whole month with the amount of shedding that went on, but now I put two and two together and realized my hair was practically growing like a weed and speeding up the process of shedding. :rolleyes: Here are some pictures! I THINK i've hit waist but i'm not sure. It's to my elbows?:confused:

A month ago:
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/kdc0180/IMG_2643.jpg

This month:
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/kdc0180/IMG_1298.jpg

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Oh and I'm wearing the same shirt as in the other picture to make it easier to tell :)

gabee
August 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Oh wow you have beautiful hair!!! And 2 inches is absolutely amazing! Congrats!

I'm jealous, I'm lucky if I get half an inch in a month.

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Aw thanks Gabee! :D

spidermom
August 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I love it when you get growth like you soaked your head in Miracle Grow. I haven't had one of those for awhile........sigh.

katsrevenge
August 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hmmm... well, I lost about a half inch in circumference this summer at least (lots of stress and sadness this winter).... but now I have this halo of baby hairs all about 3 to 5 inches all over the place. They seemed to come from no where over the last two-three weeks.

And, it has gotten longer!

Kdc0180
August 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I hear ya Katsrevenge. As much as I hate being called nappy head when I have baby hairs everywhere it's a great feeling at the same time. lol I'm glad you're hair is making a full comeback in growth!

akshaywin
November 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
that is great progress!!

Amber_Maiden
November 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
That is pretty awesome! Congrats! :D

LocustSpawning
November 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
That's fantastic progress ^_^ Wish mine was your length!

jojo
November 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I love it when this happens and it looks lovely too. I am in my growth spurt period but "only" getting an inch! sure is better than the 1/4" a month or less i get in summer!

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I had a growth spurt the first week or two using castor oil, but i think that stopped after a month or two of using it. Lol.

piffyanne
December 1st, 2011, 01:01 AM
I hear ya Katsrevenge. As much as I hate being called nappy head when I have baby hairs everywhere it's a great feeling at the same time. lol I'm glad you're hair is making a full comeback in growth!

Now that you mention it, my hair's been doing that baby-hair thing, too! I've suddenly got 4- or 5-inch long hairs all over the crown of my head that DEFINATELY were not there recently.

On the other hand, I've also got a whole lock of hair that comes down to about ear-length. If you've seen Tangled, it reminds me of the lock of hair she's got behind her ear that won't grow. (I've started asking my boyfriend [one of those dangerous, yet darling Reenactor types] if he cut a lock of my hair to make his impression more authentic, but he denies.) This one lock REFUSES to grow!

It's the oddest thing, because the rest of my hair, recalcitrant though it may be, has a tendency towards weed-like length gain, and then this one piece has been the same length ever since I found it sometime in the spring of the year we're ending. I don't get it! Any suggestions?

PianoPlaye
December 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
That is astounding & glorious growth! Congratulations!
I've gained in length, but it's thin, thin, thin. I may have to trim just to get a bit of body at the ends. Still the wisps around my ears are now beginning to play nice with the length.
Don't stop believing...