PDA

View Full Version : Bun Instrux for my avatar pic

WaitingSoLong
August 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Ok, I have gotten a lot of requests for instructions for the bun in my avatar. I tried to draw diagrams but I don't think it can be done very well. I do not have video capability so written instrux will have to do.

You will need: a hair colored elastic, a barrette large enough to hold all your hair but not so huge it cannot be concealed, several pins of your choice.

1. Gather all hair into a medium high ponytail. Secure with a hair-colored elastic.

2. Pull the pony straight up and secure it as close to the elastic as you can with the barrette. Your hair will all be laid up over the top of your head at this point, and there will be a little bump between the elastic and the barrette.

3. Divide the hair into two sections evenly, then cross them over the top of the barrette and twist each half just slightly (you want to twist them towards your head, so the R side will be turned clockwise and the L side counter-clockwise). Keep this part sort of loose. You want to conceal the barrette and the elastic.

4. Using two pins, secure each slightly twisted strand at about the 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock positions. I use these (http://shop.rings-things.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=25972) type of pins, clear ones.

5. Drop one strand, continue twisting the other strand (not excessively, just enough to keep the lock together) and wrap it down around the elastic and bump and back up, pinning as you go. Come up and behind the other strand then let it go and repeat with the other strand.

6. Repeat step 5 until you have used up all your hair and the barrette and elastic are sufficiently concealed. You should have a hollow in the middle. I accented mine with an antique metal comb.

I hope someone can follow these instructions. And in case I change my avatar, because I will eventually, here is a pic of the bun: http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/BunTry1.jpg

bunzfan
August 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you for the Instructions, i have often wondered how you did it its such a beautiful style.

Fairlight63
August 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
That is such a pretty bun, thank you for the instructions!

Roscata
August 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I love that hair style it's so pretty. Thank you for the tutorial! :D

lizdini
August 10th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Thank you! It's lovely, and doesn't seem too hard for the styling challenged (like me)!

CurlAhead
August 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
It looks so elegant and pretty, but I think I have waaay too short hair for that :(

Cowgirl16
February 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I just found your tutorial WSL; Thank you!

Covet
February 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM
It looks so beautiful and elegant!

annamoonfairy
February 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Very nice bun

Sillage
February 26th, 2012, 05:10 PM
What a gorgeous, sophisticated bun! Wish my hair was long enough to do this.... one day though!:p

Lipbalmbabe
February 26th, 2012, 05:10 PM
So pretty! I'm wearing this to dinner tonight. (my family and I are going out to a nice bistro in NYC!) so excited!

Bunnysaur
February 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM
That looks so gorgeous! Very elegant.