PDA

View Full Version : "Pulling" the follicles in the wrong direction?

CurlAhead
August 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Hi guys. I have noticed a new bad habit I've been doing lately, namely(?) putting my hair near my scalp and sort of "massage" and "pulling" the follicles in the wrong direction. I feel that it is wrong because it is the same feeling I get when I have had a ponytail to hard. Now, how bad is this for my hair, hairgrowth? It feels kinda good, because I am too lazy to massage it the proper way.. :rolleyes::(

monsterna
August 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Someone more knowledgeable hopefully chimes in, but a lot of people move their parts around in an attempt to not let one part stay for too long because it may cause thinning (from being in the same position for a long time). Whenever I move my part, I get that pulling sensation. It's going the opposite direction of where it wants to lie, so it does feel awkward and sometimes painful. So if people can make it get used to a new position, I don't necessarily see how it'll be bad for your hair. I always find it easier to change a part (which pulls in the "wrong" direction) when my hair is wet. Maybe if you wanted to massage that way, try when it's wet.

lapushka
August 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Monsterna has a point. If you want to wear your hair in another direction, style it that way when it's wet. Same thing goes for when you get bangs for the first time. When you cut them dry, they will pull in the direction your hair was in until you wet them or wash & style them.