PDA

View Full Version : Started WOing!!!

Amber_Maiden
August 9th, 2011, 02:52 PM
This week I've started WOing!!! :D I'm 6 days in (that I haven't washed my hair- going to wash it when I feel it needs it. Hoping this will combat the dryness)! Anyone have any tips for me??? :)

88Marisa
August 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Check out the WO thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3412) if you haven't already.

I've been doing WO for almost 10 weeks, and I found that I do much better when I use cool water, as cold as I can stand it (sometimes this is more lukewarm). This is my number one tip to anyone trying WO.

I have overall felt the transition is pretty painless, but I have hair that likes moisture. Don't be afraid to rinse every day if you need to! Your hair will adjust to longer periods over time. Also if your hair feels greasy at the end of the day, instead of rinsing, braid it or bun it overnight and frequently you will find your hair looks fine the next day.

I personally think this is the best routine I've found for my hair, it has significantly reduced frizziness and flyaways and my hair is the softest it's ever been. Good luck!

silverjen
August 11th, 2011, 08:24 PM
What 88Marisa said! The only thing I'd add is that using a horn comb or BBB can help distribute your sebum down the hair shaft. I use both, and they work equally well in terms of distribution. The BBB leaves my hair shinier, though, and so for vanity's sake I prefer it. :-)

Keep your combs and brushes clean, whatever you use, and change your pillowcase frequently. That's about it. It's an easy method once you transition.