PDA

View Full Version : Questions about catnip?..help needed

MermaidOH
August 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hello All,
I have been reading some of the great things that catnip has done to "repair" (I use the word loosely) split ends and boy do I have em'. I am not ready for a cut I have been doing S&D but a have layered hair some from a trim in April some for damage, my longest layers are just shy of APL and shortest are 5"-6". I would like to try to "repair" some damage, I really do not want to cut. So I was thinking catnip, I found a bag of loose organic catnip from Petsmart, but I have really no idea how to use it. I know I make a "tea", but how much 'nip to how much water? And how long do I steep it for? Also when I have made said 'NipT how exactly do I use it? Also I have colored hair (level 5/6 red to be exact) would this be OK or bad for my color? Many thanks!:D

princessp
August 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
It's really easy. With catnip less is definitely more. You only need a teaspoon of catnip for every 8oz of water. And remember to make sure it is room temperature before using (I leave mine in the fridge and it is cold when I first take it our). I have a tutorial on my blog (http://pandoraslocks.blogspot.com/2011/03/catnip-hair-rinse.html) if you are interested. I don't think the catnip is going to fix what you have, but I think it will "stop the bleeding" so to speak. I really love it. Good luck!

MermaidOH
August 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Holy Beautiful Hair! :bowtome: Your hair is gorgeous. And I love your blog, very helpful information, thank you so much! I am going back to read more...:)

islandboo
August 9th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118) is ktani's article about catnip.

princessp
August 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Holy Beautiful Hair! :bowtome: Your hair is gorgeous. And I love your blog, very helpful information, thank you so much! I am going back to read more...:)

Aww you are too dang sweet, thanks! :blushing:

ETA: You know I only post the good pictures right? Hehe, pretty sure we all do that.

clairenewcastle
August 9th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Good luck with your catnip experiments.
I've been using catnip rinses on my hair for nearly two years now with great success.