PDA

View Full Version : Heelp! :p

arantxarivas
August 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
hey guys!, i have a dyed gold hair and because of that my hair have splits and doesn't look healthy, but i love the color, and i want to keep it!.. there's a way that i can keep the color and my hair will grow healthy?:confused:

Anje
August 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
What color is your hair naturally?

We do have folks here who lighten their hair and manage to keep it quite healthy. It's almost certainly not as strong as it would be left natural, but if you take good care of it, work to counteract the damage of coloring, and never overlap the lightened areas, it's still possible for many people.

Lady Dragon
August 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Keep the split ends trimmed of course and maybe try to only dye the regrowth instead of the whole hair?

arantxarivas
August 9th, 2011, 12:34 PM
when i was i child i was blonde, but know my hair color is like light brown

Laurenji
August 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
It is certainly possible to have dyed, even bleached hair that's fairly healthy. However, it means you have to take extra special care of your hair. The dye/bleach damages it quite a bit, so you have to treat your hair like heirloom lace in order for it not to get more damaged than it already is.

This includes making sure that it's well-moisturized. There are lots of deep-treatment recipes on here that you can look up which will help with this. One of the most common is called Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment, or SMT, and instructions can be found in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128).

Some members with dye or bleach-damaged hair have reported getting much healthier-feeling hair after a protein treatment. The protein is thought to replace the hair structure that has been lost or damaged through dye. You can either use a commercial protein/keratin treatment, or look up one of the many homemade protein treatments on this forum.

For future dye/bleaching sessions, you might want to try this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495) technique, which several people have reported as helping prevent much of the damage from dye or bleach.

arantxarivas
August 9th, 2011, 12:42 PM
thank you soooo much girls!, all your comments are really helpfull!!, thanks for the links! yeeey im happy beacuse i can keep the color!:) , but now i have to put so much effort on my hair care, and i will! :)
btw!, how many times do i have to trim my hair?

Lady Dragon
August 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
With trimming I try to just do it as needed when my hair gets long. So if it's in good shape with no split ends just wait until it needs it.
:)

Laurenji
August 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hair grows, on average, about half an inch a month, so if you trim it more than that, you aren't going to see much growth.

As Lady_Dragon said, trim it only as often as you need it. Once it gets longer, you can pull it over your shoulder and do an S&D, short for Search and Destroy, where you take a pair of hair scissors and cut off all the split ends you can find. That helps keep the damage down while making it easier to go longer between trimming.