PDA

View Full Version : Bangs / Fringe

Pages : [1] 2

paper
June 27th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I'm curious what the % is of those that have bangs / fringe vs those that don't. I have angled bangs.

Isilya
June 27th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I had bangs until I was 11. Then I grew them out so the hair could be added to the braid I wanted for my confirmation at age 12. I never cut them back in because I never felt the need to.

mitabird
June 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I don't have bangs. I think the last time I had bangs was when I was 17.

Darkhorse1
June 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I've always had bangs, and have finally grown out the bulk of them, and now just have a bit of a fringe :)

Miss Murphy
June 27th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I have full fringe, eyebrow-length (think Heidi Klum). I love it - I always wear my hair up, and it doesn't look as strict and mean that way.

Anje
June 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Grew out my bangs in 4th grade, and good riddance. I much prefer how I look without them, not to mention no longer requiring trims every few weeks.

cuddledumplin
June 27th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I've been fringeless for ages now. I've had a fringe in the past, but I don't think a fringe becomes me.

Duchess of Erat
June 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
No fringe/bangs here.
Tried it, but didn't like it because it took forever to make them behave (I have one of those things where my hair doesn't behave but goes in all directions), and I tend to get headaches and migraines and it drives me crazy to have anything close to my eyes at those times.

hairymonster
June 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I grew out my bangs, but am undecided whether to cut back or keep growing :/

Nightshade
June 27th, 2008, 09:25 AM
No bangs here, not since I was old enough to tell my mother I hated the damn things on me. I have a nice oval face and I think bangs take away from my face shape, sort of cutting it off.

That said, I do find sideswept bangs pretty on others :) I just enjoy my face-framing layers more.

roxyhead
June 27th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I did for a couple years in high school, grew them out mostly because I seemed expected to (as in "What's the point of getting them when you'll just have to grow them out anyways?"), got them cut again a few months ago (my mother still thinks they're pointless) because I was sick of looking so *mean*, and now I look pretty much like I did back in high school. But less like I'm going to kill you. Funny, that, since back then I was significantly *more* likely to kill you... ;-)

Talythia
June 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I've had a fringe three times, but never again, I don't think.

First I had one until I was about 7, then grew it out. Got it cut back in when I was about 10. Then I grew it out again when I was 17. It always grew nice and straight, curled with the right amount of body so it wasn't plastered to my forehead, even when it air-dried after I got rained on.

I got it cut back 2 years ago for a friend's wedding, because I always liked how it looked. But my hair seems to have changed since then, so suddenly it wouldn't lie right, it would curl, need straighening in the morning and other assorted hassles I just didn't have the patience for. So it is being grown out again and is unlikely to return until I feel the need to look younger :p

starfire
June 27th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I didn't have bangs for the longest time, but I cut them in a few weeks ago and I love them! Well, I cut them too short and hated it, but now that they've grown in a bit, I love them =)

nissamholtz
June 27th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I don't have any bangs

Finoriel
June 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
No bangs here, not getting them for sure. I did not really like them as a child.
I know they would annoy me with hanging around on my forehead, or sticking right up on ramdom occasions, constantly growing over my eyes (just imagine a straight haired bobtail) and having to trim them very frequently. I also like the shape of my face and :wink: I enjoy it to look tight bunned and mean.

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I had them from my late teens mostly up until just recently when I tried to grow them out several times. I like them for a while when I start growing them and then I always end up thinking I miss the softness of them and so just the other day I cut them again. I really like them. Mine are pretty easy to take care of. I can cut them myself and when I dry them they pretty much stay okay until I wet them again. They are not as curly as the lower length of my hair. For that I'm glad!

Riot Crrl
June 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I guess not?

I have shorter layers in front but the shortest ones are past chin length. Besides baby hairs, lol.

cindy58
June 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I voted no, but I've got such a crop of baby hairs growing that it nearly looks like I do.

Paniscus
June 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I have fringe. Not sure if they're going to turn into face framing layers instead though. :D

Magicknthenight
June 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I have had bangs since forever. Like straight across ends right above the eyes but below the eyebrow bangs. I can look back at pictures when i was just a youngin and having them. I like them! I'm not too fond of my forehead and these help and i think they are cute! Plus when i wear my hair up it gives me style :cool:
Sure..they get oily faster then my other hair but i can just wash them and it'll be all good :)
My bangs are usially a dead giveaway of if ive washed my hair recently or not. If i didnt have bangs i probably wouldnt wash nearly as much but i would look silly :disgust:
I have tried to grow my bangs out..alot actially. And got to about my cheek bones. But then i would end up cutting them and realize how much better i liked them shorter. Sometimes when they get to long i gota part them in the middle so i can see which i dont like doing -.- but i get them trimmed every so often. They seem to grow fast so everytime its time for another bang trim i dont think UGH i think...well if my bangs are growing fast maybe the rest of my hair is too but im just not noticing it because its not infront of my eyes!:D
If that makes sense haha

harley mama
June 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
No bangs or fringe for me. I use to wear bangs but, they grew out when I gave up
visiting the hair salons.

sexyjacksparrow
June 28th, 2008, 01:44 AM
No fringe for me. Having curly hair, it never seems to sit right on me.

Kerry xx

Ndnlady
June 28th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Bangs never looked right on me, I had fringe for a while but I am still growing that out, and it's almost down to the length of the rest of my hair!

Eolan
June 28th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I've had all types of hairstyles, hence also all types of bangs/fringes. But not now, I'm going for all same lenght hair.

Millielie
June 28th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I've always had bangs, and have finally grown out the bulk of them, and now just have a bit of a fringe :)

ditto, and I'm glad about that :) My bangs always annoyed me.

paper
June 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
This is interesting, about 50-50.

Indigo Girl
June 28th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I have gone back and forth having bangs my entire life. Right now I have them - I decided to get them again only recently. Since my hair has gotten longer, they kind of help to "soften" up the flatness/lack of body.

Marcipangris
June 28th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Long (side-swept) bangs here. They're convenient for obscuring your eyes when you're feeling shy.

noelgirl
June 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Growing mine out for now - in this humid weather they curl up and look kind of dorky. I always go back and forth, though.

Cantabile
June 29th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I voted no, even though technically, my former bangs are still shorter than the rest of my hair. They're currently below chin-level, but on occasion, they still resist being pulled into braids/buns. Just a little more, and they'll be history :cool:

Samara Morgan
June 29th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Yes - but they aren't nice lol :( I got my sideswept bangs cut in recently at a hairdresser's and she did it exactly how I wanted it... But then, for no other reason apart from I am a very stupid person, I cut off some more from the side of my head to try and thicken it up because when it dried it looked really thin.... Grrrrrrrrr, I can't believe I did this! Now I have to wait for the bits I cut to grow out to get it back to the nice way it was before lol :rolleyes: Oh well........

PetiteHatter
July 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Last time I had bangs was a couple years ago.. I hate my bangs short! Now they're long and I'm happy! :D

lady G
July 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM
currently in the growing out stage, pinning back with clips and skinny hairbands :)

Samikha
July 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
I had them as a child and was free of them for many, many years - just a couple weeks ago I got some again, with some thin, face-framing layers to go along. I quite like them! It shows off my eyes and lessen the thickness a bit - I can do hairstyles much easier now.

I might grow them out, eventually - at least thin them a bit, as they are perhaps a trifle too thick now. But I am rather enjoying the change, and they does indeed make for prettier and softer updos. It also has the advantage of having more of a style, since the rest of the hair is mostly one length.:)

rubyredslippers
July 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
I had bangs as a child, aways, until I started growing them out in the sixth grade. Two and a half painful, frustrating years later I was finally rid of them. I'm very reluctant to go that route again!

At the time, they were waaaaaaay too heavy, since hair that was thin as a kindergartener grew in thicker, and my bangs ended up comprising about 1/3 of my hair.

VanillaTresses
July 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
I have bangs. After a certain point of seeing photos of many of the women in my family wearing various hairdos I realized that we all just look better with bangs. It has to do with the worry lines on the forehead. ;)

goodenough
July 1st, 2008, 06:26 PM
I love bangs!

Haith
July 1st, 2008, 06:26 PM
I used to have bangs, but I decided to grow them out because I couldn't be bothered trying to make them behave. With my hair, the short ones are the craziest and I just got sick of blow-drying them all the time to make them look nice. They're currently at about shoulder length now.

ShadowSwallow
July 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't have bangs right now (just a bit of fringe that I tuck behind my right ear that resists bunning), but I'm seriously considering getting them. My head is very wide and my face tends to be narrow (and when I wear contacts I generally feel like a horse).

I've tried combing my hair into sideswept bangs but I couldn't get used to them, I'd just end up pushing them back with the rest of my hair, so I'd probably get the ones cut straight across... along with some face framing layers.

Magrat
July 2nd, 2008, 06:03 AM
I don't have bangs. Had them for a few years but weren't comfortable.

Right now my daugher's bangs is growing out and it's a pain keeping the hair away from the face of a four-year old while it's still too short to catch with braids, not to mention tails. Hairbands work, but never stays on for an entire day.

Faepirate
July 2nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
No bangs for me. I've considered it once or twice but it's a scary prospect and I really have no idea whether it would suit me (I have a very high, curved forehead).

saracuda
July 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Straight-across bangs, curled under for me. I look weird without them.

AJoifulNoise
July 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
After this picture I swore I'd never again have bangs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/Old/21.jpg

vidgrl007
July 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
I have bangs.I look harsh w/o them.

Altocumulus
July 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
I don't have bangs. I struggled with them for years before realizing that I would never, ever be able to get my wurly hair to cooperate. So I learned to love my fivehead, and now I can't imagine having bangs again!

NorthernDancer
July 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have bangs and I love them. I had them as a really small child, then grew them out, then got them cut again at 11, and I've had them ever since. Not to say that they've been the same since then. They have bounced inbetween fine, and thick/poofy things, and everywhere inbetween.

I always cut them myself. I've gotten quite good at it. :D But I have this anoying habit of cutting them to short. Then when they reach the "perfect" length or just beyond, I try to do a micro trim, and end up trimming them to short again..... I think I'm getting better at that now though.

janaana
July 2nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
I probably should have a fringe as I have a long narrow face, so it would suit me better to wear my hair like that but the hair in that area is so badly behaved that it's more trouble than it's worth. I often had a fringe when I was small and it would never sit properly. Half the hairs growing in that area seem to be really quite curly, some wavy and others dead straight, plus most of them would rather stick out in an upwards curl at each side rather than lie over my forehead. My mum used to call them my devil horns!

LadyMoon11
July 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
No bangs. I have a few long layers through my hair- some natural, some that I purposefully included.
I have contemplated bangs again, but I really think that long ago I was traumatized by the bowl cut style bangs my mom used to give me. I mean, I had hair to my butt, but she would cut my bangs straight across all the way to behind my ear. It was almost a mullet. :shudder:I hated it, so when I got old enough to grow them out, I did and I don't know if i will ever be able to go back.
I do think bangs - especially the side-swept long bangs- are very flattering on the right face shape.

Lize
July 3rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
I recently cut bangs. I think I will keep them for a while, but maybe grow them a bit longer, more like face framing layers. I am pretty undecided. :D

tiny_teesha
July 3rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
i change my fringe a lot, right now i am wanting to grow it to my chin before i trim it. I am at a length now where it looks bad...but oh well!

almudena
July 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Long sideswept bangs here. When they are chin length I cut them lip/nose length. I couldn't do without them.

Marchpane
July 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Ooh interesting poll. Looks about even too. I don't have bangs, because I've been informed that I'd need to straighten them every day, and that is much too much trouble to be forced to take due to a haircut. I have a few layers to frame my face but I want them a bit shorter, so if I feel like it I can kiiind of have side bangs, or at least just have some pretty wisps when I put my hair up. Otherwise I think I look a little too matronly.

crystal_89
July 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I have a side-swept fringe. I tried a straight-across-the-eyebrows fringe last May, but it didn't look that great on me even though I love the look on others.

HairyCarrie
July 16th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I've had bangs my entire life and don't know if I would feel normal without them. I have a widow's peak and very high forehead. If I pull my bangs back I see two large receding areas with pure skin like a baby's behind...

I'm older and although I have some wrinkles on my face, my forehead has none. I think having bangs all my life has really protected the forehead from sun damage. Not that anyone sees it but me :D

Cichelle
July 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I don't. I used to. They took so long to grow out. Using clips to keep them held back was really a drag. I have a long face that probably needs bangs. But hair in my face like that tends to drive me a little crazy. So, I guess people will just have to suffer looking at my big forehead.

starla_zero
July 16th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I did when I was very young, I'd like one again but to me, my hair is too thin for it. I just bought a clip-in one, so we'll see how that goes :)

Meli
July 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I had bangs when I was a kid, and I did not like them much. I hated getting them cut - having a pair of scissors just in front of one's eyes was pretty scaring, and having short hairpieces fall down into the nose and mouth - eek... And as soon as I wanted to wash my face, I had to put them up with a headband first. It may sound a bit silly, but somehow it never occured to me to grow them out until I was ten years old and a friend grew out hers. When I was eleven, they had grown to my shoulders and I cut all my hair to shoulderlength to even it up. I have never cut bangs again - actually I consider growing them out as one of the best things I've ever done with my hair.

nutsenmai
July 19th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I have such thin hair that if I cut bangs into it there would be almost nothing! My sister had bangs for a while when we were little, it doesn't really compliment our face shape.

rubyann
August 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
I wore bangs/fringe most of my life. Now they're beyond my collar bones, so no fringe. I like it all to go back, KWIM?

ClareDee
August 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I don't have a fringe, but I want one. I have a high forehead and long-shaped face, so I think some kind of fringe would make me look a bit less..... vertical :D

I'm just too scared to cut it myself, and not too eager to go to a hairdresser for any reason at the moment. Partly because I'm stoney broke, and partly because in the past, hairdressers have always succeeded in persuading me to change my hair, beyond what I want.

Like they'll start running their fingers through my hair and saying "You know, your hair would have so much more movement if you had layers, and a few highlights. Maybe we could do that today? Or how about we do the layers today and the highlights next time?".... etc.

And I end up surrendering. So I fear I'd never be able to go in there and get ONLY a fringe cut, and leave. I really need to toughen up a bit .... "No layers. No colour. No next time!!!" :p

anna1850
August 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I had a fringe as a child until I was about 9 when I grew it out. I thought it always made me look really dorky.

My mother tried to convince me to get a fringe as a teenager to help cover my acne! I remembered how bad it looked and refused. Luckily my acne's not much of a problem anymore and I hated growing out my fringe the first time so I don't think I'll ever have one again.

mira-chan
August 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
No fringe. if would look constantly electrocuted if I got any hair cut that short.

Leisha
August 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I have no bangs, but am perpetually half-considering getting some :lol:

I don't really like the shape of my head and especially my forehead, so maybe bangs would be a good idea.

OTOH I have a cowlick on one side so maybe that would make my bangs stand straight up, or something :lol: and I need low-maintenance hair. I just don't see myself blowdrying my bangs or anything like that.:scared: I'm too lazy for that :p

Maybe side-swept bangs could work with the cowlick... I don't know. I have a friend/acquaintance who's a hairdresser, maybe I should ask her sometime if she thinks I should get bangs, and what kind...

AnneAdeline
August 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I haven't had bangs since the 5th grade. If I had them, I could never stop fiddling with them. I think my face looks better without.

Elanor
August 25th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I have a bit grown-out bangs and I can't decide wether to keep them or not. I think they suit me alright but I have to wash them every day to make them look nice.

TambourineDream
August 25th, 2008, 04:57 AM
That's quite interesting, there's a higher percentage of fringe-owners than I guessed!

I voted no-bangs, though I did have some that I'm growing out... they're currently long enough to part and put behind my ears, so I guess they don't count as bangs any more?

I've had varying types of bangs and people seemed to like them on me, but they're such a lot of upkeep and when they grew a bit they flicked outwards really irritatingly and made the sides of my hair curl in weird places.. I think they look better on thick-haired people!

amiaow
September 5th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I have bangs just below eyebrow length. I've had them for about 3 years now and while I have started to grow them out a few times, I always decide I look better with them and cut them back!

Stacy_E
September 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I have fringe and probably always will. I really dislike the look of my high forehead and my hairline is uneven, so best to hide it.

FrannyG
September 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I now have bangs. I was 45 when I grew my bangs out for the first time. :oops: I think I had somehow gotten it in my head that it could never be done!

I liked the no-bangs look very much, but in the end, I realized that just as i am a blonde at heart, I am a bangs person at heart as well. :)

Tapioca
September 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I don't have bangs, due to a horrible cowlick right at my hairline. Without bangs, the length pulls the wonky hair into behaving.

kunibob
September 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
A fringe really doesn't become me because my chin is pretty severe and my jaw is square. Really makes my face look too small and pointy.

I do have sideswept bangs, though they've grown out quite a bit now. I really like the look, so I'll probably keep them until they've gone horribly out of style. ;)

midnighttrain
September 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I have new hair growing out of my forehead that may appear to be thin bangs if I let it in my face, but they kinda stick to the rest of my hair when i pull it back for the most part. There's always a few sticking out here and there though. I never liked bangs on me. They just poof straight out and up. My hair just doesn't like being short. It has to be weighed down.

Gray
September 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
When I was younger I didn't have bangs, mostly because all I ever did with my hair was wash it and let it air dry and hang there - and I didn't get haircuts more than once or twice a year. I would want bangs off and on, but my mom's hairdresser was adamantly against me shortening my hair in any way :)

Then I grew up, joined the army, and after putting my bum-length hair through basic training there was just no saving it. So I chopped it to shoulder length, with layers and bangs. I like the layers and the bangs, but having it that short is maddening. I have a very high forehead, so I think I look better with bangs. I've learned how to keep them trimmed myself, so it's not really a hassle, and I haven't been to a salon since November of last year, and the longest part of my hair is pretty close to apl now.

theanti
September 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I look goofy with no fringe, I HAVE to have it!

after hours
September 11th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I do not have bangs as they have finally grown out, which I am so happy about. I hated them as soon as I got them, they were so unflattering to my face, difficult to style, and always seemed to look greasy (probably from my hands touching them all the time to fix them or push them out of my eyes, as my hair tends towards being dry rather than oily, so it was like the worst of both worlds.) Never again!

Arctic_Mama
September 11th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I have never been without some type or length of fringe. I feel I look weird without it, my face shape needs it especially since I've put on weight. I grew out the bulkiness from full, front bangs in middle school or the beginning of high school, I can;t quite recall, and then when I did the big chop two years ago I got side, angled fringe. It grew quite long but I still considered it fringe, and now I've trimmed it back to just longer than eye length and to the side. I don't know how I will style these as my hair gets longer, but I have a lot of options :)

Shanarana
September 11th, 2008, 02:52 AM
No :cheese: option?

I wear bangs for several reasons. First I think I have a high forehead and bangs seem to frame my face better. I also like to hide the "11" inbetween my brows. I also have them to maintain my hair color so I don't show roots as much with bangs than if I didn't have any (I really have no part going on).

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I have a fringe after cutting it back in about a month ago:)

Medvssa
September 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Despite a wide forehead (that I have learnt to like), nope! With my curly hair, I end up with a couple or three sausages at the sides of my forehead :lol:

Wind Dragon
September 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I've had fringe for just two or three weeks now, for the first time since growing my pixie out. Can't properly call them "bangs," too angled and (mostly) wispy.

I think I'll keep it, though I haven't worked out the best way to keep it trimmed just yet.

Butterflylady
September 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I have eye-brow length bangs. I tried growing them out this year but I look better with bangs so I cut them again. I've had them all my life. I like them.:)

mooglewoo
September 12th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I have gone back and forth my entire life, but currently have fringe.

Elphie
September 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I had the straight across fringe for most of my life. I went through the trouble of growing them out till they were even with my shoulder length hair only to decide I hated the way I looked without them! Now I have some minimal side swept fringe.

1nuitblanche
September 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Right now I don't consider myself as having bangs--they are below my chin and part with the rest of my length. But they still don't fit into a low ponytail. I go back and forth between bangs and no bangs. I love having bangs--I think they look cute and weigh down the short hairs that otherwise stick straight up--except I don't like that they get dirty faster than the rest of my hair and it's nice to be able to put all of my hair back at once. (Oh, the debate between esthetics and practicality!)

Gumball
September 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I've got baby hairs everywhere. I don't think that really falls into the definition of the poll as it's not intentionally done. No bangs/fringe here!

MadHatter
September 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
No bangs to speak of. I'm growing out some side-swept bangs I had cut in back in 06.

Juneii
September 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have bangs but I'm contemplating between growing them out or keeping them >__<

twilight_faerie
September 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I don't really have bangs, unless you count the long pieces of hair that frame my face that I kept swept to either side (which I'm not sure if I want to keep, but for now they're there) as bangs. I had thick bangs when I was a kid and I remember hating them. Every now and then I consider cutting bangs again, but then I remember what a hassle it was growing them out the first time and think...naaaahhh.

Pixidust
September 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I currently have side-swept bangs. I used to despise bangs (especially regular ones) but I've found the side-swept type helps to frame/break up my long, heartshaped face. :)

Forlorn Reverie
September 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I can't ever remember not having bangs.

Suitsuki
September 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I have an old fringe growing out from a bad cut, but I'll get some face framing layers cut in a week or two. I need something around my face, I don't like how it looks without anything.

Pug
September 15th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I have bangs for one reason only, when Im bending over doing something it irritates the heck out of me to have my hair in my face and I cant see what Im doing.

ladyshannonanne
September 16th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I always waffle back and forth on bangs. I think I actually look pretty good with longer bangs (around ear length), but they always get in the way. I write a lot and they fall in my face when I look down. They blow in my face when I'm driving (because I've always been way too cheap to use AC in the car unless it's over 90). I usually cut bangs, grow them out because they drive me nuts, and cut them again. Hey, at least it gives me a an easily attainable goal every six months.

Vitalai
September 17th, 2008, 12:00 AM
The last time I had bangs was when I was five or six and my hairstyle was a bob with straight across bangs. I've been averse to bangs since then, but I was getting tired of my hair and had my stylist cut in some side bangs. They're a little bit thick for my liking and, as of right now, overgrown, but I like them. One thing that keeps buggin me though is that they keep getting into my face and, being a teenager, it increases the pimple problem too.

meriellyn
January 20th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I haven't had bangs in years and you couldn't pay me enough to go there again at this point. Growing them out makes me cry and takes forever. I have a strange curl patter in that area and it just doesn't work well. I'd hafta fry to crap out of it to get it to look halfway decent for five minutes.
So no bangs for me.

sneakybea
January 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I cut bangs again a couple years ago. I like the way they look on me---they soften the way my hair looks in an updo, and makes me look younger, I think.

Katrina
January 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I have bangs (about eyebrow-lenght), but it's not down all the time. Sometimes I just put part of it up with a clip or pin. My face is guite round and (long and straightly cut) bangs look better than no bangs at all, IMO.

Amoretti
January 20th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I recently cut some bangs in after about 15 years of no bangs. I was getting tired of the mean, bunned look. LOL.
I cut in short bangs but I'm growing them out to slightly longer. It's been such fun having a change after so long. :)

SHW
January 20th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I have bangs. I'm able to keep them trimmed myself with thinning scissors. I keep them slightly above eyebrow in layers. Thin and wispy in the middle with the top section brushed to the side. I wash the bangs daily and my hair every other or every 3 days. I can't live without bangs, hate the way I look without them.

sandigirl
January 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I have had bangs for at least 20 years. I think they can take up to 10 years off the age appearance of your face. I also like them instead of botox. Some of my friends use that and it gives me the creeps. I say "bangs, not Botox!" but they don't listen.

scalawaggirl
January 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I just cut some bangs, myself, and have had them on and off over the years. My face is long and thin so it works better for me to soften the angularity of my face as well as shorten it. This go 'round, I went much shorter than normal but it looks cute when I put it up or back rather than the severe look everyone mentions without them.

I will be letting them grow out just a tad, though, as I like them a bit longer, normally.

Alia
January 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
I had the worst bangs as a child. My mom would tear off a strip of scotch tape, stick it, and try and cut along the line with her big sewing shears:scissors:...in theory, not too bad. But! Somehow, the bangs always ended up temple length at one end and eyelash length on the other:brains:: my sister and I have the elementary school photos to prove it...wonky, crooked bangs and giant plastic eighties glasses, oh, yeah.:rolleyes: When I grew out my hair, they went, too, and I've never looked back.

JamieLeigh
January 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
I don't anymore, thank goodness...and it took me 11 years to grow them back out to the same length as the rest of my locks, as the front grows much slower for me. No WAY will I ever mess up progress like that!!! :D

Charli800
January 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
A friend of mine is trying to convince me to cut a fringe, but the thought of growing it back out puts me off. Besides, I like the way I look with my hair pulled back gently!

Haith
January 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I would really like to have bangs, but with my hair type (and cowlick) it would look very odd since I wouldn't straighten them or anything.

I like not having bangs too, though.

Ryanne
January 22nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
I don't. I used to, but decided to grow them out when I was 11.

Johanna64
January 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I have bangs,not so full.
I like it better because I think I have a high forehead.

Tap Dancer
January 22nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
It's really cool that we're almost 50/50 here! I am finally bangless. :p

HairyCarrie
January 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have had bangs for at least 20 years. I think they can take up to 10 years off the age appearance of your face. I also like them instead of botox. Some of my friends use that and it gives me the creeps. I say "bangs, not Botox!" but they don't listen.

I think that's a great line. I've had bangs my whole life and wouldn't feel like me if I grew them out. Plus they hide the dreaded H between my eyebrows!

GaiaAtiusAtella
January 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
no bangs...I think my hairline is too low in the front for it to look right.

Tap Dancer
January 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM

There's no way I'd get injections. How scary! :eek: If I ever get forehead lines, bangs will be my option too.

rags
January 23rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
I used to have bangs and I liked them. But when I lost so much of my hair, I ended up with a permanent bald spot in front. Bangs accentuate this so no bangs for me!

LaurelSpring
January 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
I need a cheese.. Im in between.

lynnala
January 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
I have fringe that I change constantly. Sometimes straight across Cleopatra style, sometimes longer and side swept, right now I cut the very middle part, which is part of a cowlick, short so that they kind of stick up, and I left the sides longer. I also play around with the 'sideburns'. I really like playing around with the fringe, as I am letting the rest just do it's own thing.....

Bene
January 25th, 2009, 12:32 AM
no bangs for two reasons:

- round face
- curly/frizzy hair

RancheroTheBee
January 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I keep getting them because I'm absolutely convinced they look better, only to be corrected moments after I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Heavenly Locks
January 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
*raises hand*

I do I do! :) I had them for a while in high school and then let them grow out because I thought they made me look childish. When I decided to grow out my natural hair (non colored/treated) I decided I wanted them back. I went for a bold, thicker, blunt cut bang and I've been told that I should 'never not have them'. I am quite pleased with them and I think I'll keep them for a while...

Before hair cut (EEK! Look at those dry, crunchy ends...)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0002-3.jpg

After - (SO much better looking and feeling)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0028-1.jpg

Most recently -

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/Japan/DSC_0005-1.jpg

starla_zero
January 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
^ They really do suit you :)
I'm kinda torn at the moment, I want a fringe but whether or not it would look any good is another thing...

Hay22
January 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I've had cute side bangs for about three years, although now they're about to my cheekbones and obnoxious - I'm experimenting with growing them out.

kam984420
January 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM
*raises hand*

I do I do! :) I had them for a while in high school and then let them grow out because I thought they made me look childish. When I decided to grow out my natural hair (non colored/treated) I decided I wanted them back. I went for a bold, thicker, blunt cut bang and I've been told that I should 'never not have them'. I am quite pleased with them and I think I'll keep them for a while...

Before hair cut (EEK! Look at those dry, crunchy ends...)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0002-3.jpg

After - (SO much better looking and feeling)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0028-1.jpg

Most recently -

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/Japan/DSC_0005-1.jpg

I think bangs definately suit you also. Its a much better look for you. Definately keep the bangs. And let the rest of your hair grow out to your waist.:cheese:

Forever_Sophie
January 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I've always had bangs, and just look 100x better w/ them than without.

Avalonna
January 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I've had bangs for almost my whole life. I have a narrow forehead and I do not look good without bangs.

Debra83
January 25th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I waffle back and forth. When I have 'em, I don't want them, when I don't have them, I want them. sigh. Describes pretty much my take on a few things!!!

smilinjenn71
January 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I have bangs and am growing them out along with everything else. I've never had a hairstyle without bangs, so it will be interesting to see if I like it or not, once they have grown out.

In trying to make my bangs more of a side swept look, I found them to be quite annoying. My front hairline has a natural cow lick and they never wanted to lie down right. I've decided against fighting with them for that look and let my hair do what it wants, naturally. I'm also interested to see what happens with that cowlick once my hair is heavier from growth. Stay tuned!:drama:

Speckla
January 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I've had them for the last 13 years.
________
Gsx-R1000 (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R1000)

viking_quest
January 25th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I had bangs but they've grown out because they always annoyed me. Now they look like shorter layers and can look very nice at times.

Cai
January 25th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I don't have bangs, not since I've grown out these I was forced to have as a child (and they really didn't suit me).

I have the remains of some fringes but they are actually only a bit shorter than the rest of my hair and now look more like the remains of a sharp V-shape.

Sihda
January 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I like bangs. Unfortunately they don't suit me as I have a low front...:( That's why I don't have bangs.

Alu
January 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I've had side swept bangs for years. They really bugged me at first, but now I love them! Next time I want to get them cut straight across and see how that goes.

savi
January 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I voted for 'yes' even if they're just long face framing layers.

chandeen
June 10th, 2009, 12:29 PM
i don't have bangs, but i'm thinking of cutting some >.<
i look so young with all my hair in a bun or a braid...

Kelsey89
June 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I have bangs/fringe.

tarn
June 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yes I have bangs. I have had them ever since I can remember and once tried to grow them out into a side fringe but couldn't handle it after 6 months so chop chop and back to the eyebrow length fringe. I think I am dependant on it as I have a long forehead and a cowlick thing that looks weirder without it.:o

Elistariel
June 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I don't have them now, but I used to. I can never decide if I like them or not.

ChrissieM
June 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have bangs right now that I'm thinking of growing out. They are full fringe, covering my eyebrows. I like bangs that length and sideswept bangs, but the upkeep is a hassle. I don't want to cut my hair for the next year or two, to see how long I can get. The bangs might have to go.

starla_zero
June 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I actually cut myself some the other night, so take one off the "no bangs" :D

Nanni
June 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
No bangs here, but I used to. I had bangs for 16 years. That's a long time and I needed a change.

brunette
June 12th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I had a fringe as a child but I don't think it suits me now, my hair is too fine and flyaway. Last time I had one was when I was about 13 I cut a small front section shorter and it poofed up quite a lot. Plus I have a shortish forehead anyway.

I much prefer being able to work with the whole of my hair, off my face if I want to :)

Hedera
June 12th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I had fringe for most of life; grew it out a couple of times, and of course when I had a pixie/dandelion cut, I didn't.

I grew out my hair the past few years without bangs, then had them cut in about a year ago, and really liked them.

Now I'm growing out my hair again, I considered growing the bangs out as well, while I was at it; it is a bit of a hassle, with face cream, hats, etc etc.
But I really do prefer the way my face looks with them; it's not a matter of hiding anything, it's just that they suit my face really well.

So I cut them back in and I'm keeping them, hassle and all.

Fringe forever! :rockerdud:

Locksmith
June 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I had a fringe as a child. Started growing it out when I was about 13, and by 18 I had grown it all the way out. Now I'm 19 and recently got bored with a pair of scissors, and cut one back in again! :p I like it - it's sort of soft and choppy, not too harsh on my face.

concrescence
June 13th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I had bangs off and on as a child, but didn't have any in my teens and twenties. About 2 years ago I got some wispy sideswept bangs, and really liked them, so a year ago I thickened them up some.

stargazer028
June 15th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Ive got a fringe but I hate it because my hair is wavy and it just does its own thing , Im growing it out again....:o

enfys
June 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm saying I don't because they are growing out and blending in just enough I can tie them back and they'll stay all day without gel or clips.

Never again.

Well maybe.

Furiana
June 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Wow! It's split equally!

I'm in the "no fringe" camp. Face framing pieces, yes; fringe, no.

ETA:

Never again.

Well maybe.

Lol! :p

Neddy
June 16th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I have longer face framing pieces.... not bangs. If I had proper bangs they would curl up so tight I would look like a little alien. These pieces, while naturally curly, hang down to about my collarbone.

joyellen
June 17th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I have longish sideswept bangs. I don't think I look nice without them.

Saisaisayonara
June 17th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Haven't had a fringe in about 7 years, I was just too lazy to keep getting it cut and it grew out. I'm thinking about maybe feathering the front of my hair a little but I haven't decided yet.

bakertwins2004
June 17th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have a HUGE forehead so i have bangs.

zen_oven
June 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
I've got face-framing fringe. I just look better with a little--otherwise I look like I'm "hiding."

MuzicalH3rb
June 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
I had bangs for a while. They were really cute, but I have really wavy-flippy hair which made styling almost near impossible. Even though I thought the bangs were cute, I would much rather let my hair air dry and put it all in a ponytail. They were just too much work.

HoneyBeeMissy
June 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM
I had bangs in my teens for awhile but I found it impossible to keep them straight due to my widows peak. They would always split towards one side. I don't have any desire to try them again.

handsclean
June 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
I do.. my bangs make my face look nicer, I think. When I got bangs, I noticed people started telling me that I looked pretty.

RoseRedDead
June 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have some self-cut fringe. It really softens my updos.

Nitika
June 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Bangs here. My face is kind of long, and bangs make it look more oval. I just pulled my bangs to the side to check, and I definitely look better with them.

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I have bangs/fringe. I'm wondering if I should grow it out or not. I never had bangs until my sophomore year, which was 4 years ago. Ever since then I'd always cut it for more style but I might just grow it out again.

nowxisxforever
July 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
No fringe here. Not a fan of it.

faeflame
July 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I have bangs, they are the one part of my hair that I can experiment with!:)

may1em
July 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I voted no a while ago, but now I would vote yes.

Sideswept bangs for the win!

I like them - I'm glad I took the risk.

JKRBeloved
July 10th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I voted "yes", but when I let my wurlies out, I usually mix the bangs with my side hair, and it is not obvious that I even have them.

horseprincess
July 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have side swept type bangs. But they are getting as annoying as they were when I was little, so I growing them out now. but that should take a while..

Addy
July 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
No bangs or fringe here. Haven't had bangs for years and years it seems.

eternallyverdan
July 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I decided against fringe simply because bangs tend to go out of fashion with depressing frequency.

bigdreamer
July 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
After having them for about 20 years I grew them out last year. I do not look good without them, but they were a real pain with my wavy hair. I think after I get much longer, which I'm figuring at at least 1.5+ years I'll reconsider. It just occurred to me that maybe it was the rest of my hair that was actually making me miserable since I've been fighting with it forever. A bit of fringe might not be so bad, but I'll just wait till later to try it again

EtherealOde
July 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have bangs, I think they soften my face a bit. I have lines on my forehead, and they help hide them. Plus my forehead has always been way too high, without anything interesting in my hairline to distract from it. I used to wish for some of the lovely peaks I see on some women, or a hairline like Jane Seymour's.

My ultimate hair envy pic is here, numbers 5 and 9. http://www.janeseymour.com/photos/index.htm

I didn't know how to link just the indovidual images. If a mod knows how, please feel free to just add those two here, though some of the others are pretty too. It also has one of her worst hair pics, where she is blonde in a leopard print dress, all I can think is ewwww every time I see it.

Tovah
July 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I have longish bangs (down to the tip of my nose), have had them on and off forever like so many others it seems. I usually end up pushing them to the side during the day. I have a long face and for some reason bangs don't really make it seem wider-just smaller. My hair is so fine and curlyish and flyaway that I have to blowdry my bangs with 'stuff' to keep them straight.

When I was little, my big sister used to trim my bangs....look for photos of Mamie Eisenhower and imagine her bangs but with a 45 degree angle. Thanks big sis!

Eden_Rayn
July 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Last time I had bangs was when I was about 7. I really can't have bangs due to a cowlick :( oh well some of us are just born not to cut them I guess. :P

Debra83
July 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Interesting #'s so far in the poll.

Exodus
July 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I grew tired of bangs when I was 7 years old and started growing them out after that. Haven't had bangs since that, expect for longish "kind-of-bangs" that I ended up with last time I went to a hairdresser (december 2005, she didn't know how to cut wavy hair)

thankyousir74
July 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
The last time I had bangs, I was around four. That being said, I often muse on getting bangs, but then I never get them because I've never had my hair long all one length and that is what I am aiming for. Maybe once I get to term I'll see where I want to maintain my hair and from there I'll decide bangs or not.

I thought it was cool how it was almost an even split between bangs and no bangs.

lacereza
July 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM

JasmineDaisy
July 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I have bangs now. I grow them out then cut them again. It has been an ongoing cycle for me since 2001. I wish I could just grow them out and leave them alone. Ugh.

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have had bangs for the most part since about the year 2000 or thereabouts.

I've trimmed them myself, sometimes deciding to let a piece grow out that I felt I should not have included, or adding more to the bangs gradually, not wanting to get too much because it takes years to grow a piece back out.

I think I look better with a light, wispy fringey bang than with it all pulled back. But sometimes I wonder....

Regards,
MaryAnn

Allegra
July 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm in a constant state of growing out bangs, because as soon as they get to chin length I get bored and chop them again!
Like right now my bangs have finally grown out to chin length and now I'm aching to cut myself some sideswept bangs. I have a large forehead that really does need a fringe but my hair is frizzy and wavy so they are a nightmare to look after. Don't know what do anymore!

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Here's an idea of how my bangs look:

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/misc076-Copy.jpg

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/rehearsaletc008.jpg

:blossom::blossom::blossom: :blossom::blossom::blossom: :blossom:

23_seconds
July 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
||||||||||

Laylah
July 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I haven't had fringe since 3rd grade. I always hated them but never had the guts to get my mother to stop cutting them. They were quite annoying growing out, especially at that length where they were long enough to get in my face but not long enough to put in a ponytail, so I had to wear a headband or bobby pins all the time.

FrizzBall
July 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I have a fringe that is taking way too long to grow out. Curly bangs don't cooperate at all and I try not to use direct heat on my hair. Stretched it's just below chin but if allowed to shrink its just above my eyebrows. With braid and twist-outs I can get them to high cheek length on my good days. Another annoying thing about them is that's they're growing out in a v-shape. My hairs just going through an identity crisis at the moment I suppose.:rolleyes:

sweet*things
July 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I haven't had bangs since Brenda had them on 90210.:D

Way too much trouble, although I did sort of like having long sideswept bangs as they grew out. I doubt I'll ever cut them in again.

Kallisti
July 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
I voted yes, I don't know if it counts as fringe or layers, but I think of it as fringe. I have angled chin length fringe. I used to have it all one length, but I didn't like the way I looked with my hair up. I thought the shape of my face made me look too severe, so I cut the chin length fringe. It frames my face when I have an updo, but pretty much disappears into the rest of my hair when it's down. It's actually cut kind of like Mirage from The Incredibles:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/irishthistle/Smilies/Mirage-thumb.jpg

when I first saw the movie I shouted out "Hey! She has my 'do!" :cheese:

lydimoo
July 21st, 2009, 05:46 AM
I wanted to change my style and got a fringe cut in about 4 months ago. Totally regret it. Trying to grow it out, total nightmare. Hate it.

maskze
July 21st, 2009, 06:24 AM
side swept bangs here

Bellalalala
July 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Sigh, I love the look of bangs on me, but they just don't fall right on my face. No matter what I try, they stick out all crazy-like.

punkgirl89
July 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
I just decided that bangs are the best way for me to grow my hair out! I've been growing out from a pixie and now all my hair is chin length except for my fringe which is halfway down my face. I think I'm going to get bangs just above my eyebrows next time I go in for a trim in a month or two. The awesome thing is that that will also get rid of some ugly bleach on the lower 2 inches of my fringe. :-)

CelticAngel
July 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM
I go back and forth on the bang thing. I had them as recent as 2007, but have been letting them grow out since. No idea when I might cut some again though. It's a mood thing with me.

Proginoskes
July 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I voted no, for now. I haven't had them in a long time.

But I have been thinking about getting some fake sideswept pieces cut in next time to simulate bangs. I've been thinking it might soften the effect and frame my face when it's up, but I'm not sure how it'll look since when my hair is that short it doesn't curl -- and the rest of my hair is still wavy. I wonder if it'll look weird. So I keep waffling.

heatherdazy
July 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
I have long, sideswept bangs that I'm currently trying to grow out.

I think short little bangs on super long hair can often look a bit ridiculous.

daydreamer
July 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Looks terrible on me, though I've had them lots of times. I don't anymore though!

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
I don't have bangs but I am currently thinking of cutting some in.. :ponder:

Brownie
July 24th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I've got bangs and mine are really easy to take care of. I like them and I don't plan to grow them out (not yet) ;)

Stephichan
July 24th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I have them. I started out with side-swept bangs, then decided that I wanted to try the more traditional kind. That didn't work out too well (mostly because I didn't know how to trim them), but I'm experimenting again. I just cut them yesterday and haven't washed my hair yet, so I don't know what's going to happen with them this time. They behave just often enough that I keep them, but for the most part they refuse to do what I want.

CrowningGlory
July 24th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I have them. Have always had them. They drive me crazy at times but I just look better with them. And younger.

janiejones
July 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I had bangs until about age 12, then cut them back at 16, then had variations of long bangs/angled fringe until about 18, now everything's all the same length, finally! Don't get me wrong, I liked the bangs, there was just always an irritating phase with them....

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I have an angled fringe as well but I'm working on growing it out at the moment.

82exoticbeauty
July 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I have bangs right now above my eyelids with long hair! I like bangs that are abit longer than eyes part, but not really long! Sometimes my bangs grew longer and then I cut it short between eyebrows to eyelids! I trim my own bangs!

JCFantasy23
July 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I had bangs when I was a kid and teen. When I was around 18 I got rid of them. I'm 29 now and bothered, as always, by the raised up line on my forehead, perhaps called a cow lick? Not sure what the name of it is. It bugs me though so I keep trying to have some fringy bangs to soften it and cover it up. I have the bangs cut but because my hair is so used to being "back" most of the time the bangs don't show. It takes an effort and for me to remember to have them brushed down.

I have that strange hair that just remembers everything out of habit, I guess.

Lady Mary
August 2nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
Looks like almost an even mix of people with and without. I currently have fringe but I'm toying with growing it out, we'll see.

frodolaughs
August 2nd, 2009, 02:15 AM
No bangs for me. Hair on my forehead = zits on my face.

Gypsygirl
August 2nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have bangs and love them.

Rentlle
August 2nd, 2009, 08:06 AM
I have long bangs (till chin :) )
I see the numbers are almost even :)

dernhelm
August 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
No bangs for me, although I do have a few strands that I cut to frame my face. They are a little below my chin now, trying to grow them back out.

Addy
August 2nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Just trimmed me some nice side swept bangs yesterday. :D

lundmir
August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
I've got side swept bangs, I really like them.

AnnaMarie
August 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
I would love to have a fringe but unfortunately DH can't stand them :rolleyes:

WaimeaWahine
August 3rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
Wow! A lot more people have bangs than I ever thought. A few weeks back I realized that one of the most famous women in the world wears a bun and has bangs: Tinkerbell. :cheer:

Zéphine
August 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
I had bangs until I was five or six. Growing them out was one of my first "independent" decisions about my appearance (quote marks because I got the idea from my sister's friend). I've never cut them back and can't imagine having any. Maybe it would feel like going back on my principles of knowing better than my mother. Or maybe I'm just lazy and like my super-low maintenance haircut.

Irishred
August 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I just don't like the way I look without bangs. I look OK I guess, just personal. For the past couple of years I have had a thin fringe. Lately I have been considering making them a lot thicker. Hey, I can always grow them out again...

My sister looks better with them but has chosen to go with out and is happy. My DD% had bangs for a little while between 2 and 3 but she decided she didn't want them when we were growing out her self chop. She was close to 4 at the time. I still think she would look better with bangs but this is a little choice she can have. She does not have my family hairline... she has daddy's.

Peregrine
August 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM
No bangs/fringe here. My hair at 2" or 3" tends to mushroom out from my head (or did the last time I had hair that short. No idea what it would do now.). And I'm too lazy to flat iron it everyday.

saskia_madding
August 11th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I have a fringe, similar to this pic:
http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/smallville_erica_durance.jpg

BUT ... I'm also too lazy to spend a lot of time styling my bangs. All my style time goes into braiding the length. But my hair is unruly, so I needed to do something with my bangs to straighten them without a flat iron (which I refused to use).

Solution: I put some styling product in just my bangs and then brush them flat against my forehead, wherever I'd like the to stay when dry. Then I bobby pin them there. By the time I get to work my bangs are dry and mostly straight, and I can pull out the bobby pins.

On humid days they don't always stay that way, but I find this method to be a good compromise between having bangs and not wanting to flat iron them into behaving.

Hiriel
August 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I got rid of my fringe when I was 11 or so, I don't remember exactly when, but I remember that it was horribly, horribly annoying to grow it out, when it was too short to get out of the way...

Centifolia
August 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm growing mine out. I'm considering leaving some long bangs (at the shoulder or armpit lenght), thought.

Arashi
August 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Until I was about 10 years old, I had blunt bangs all my life. Decided I hated them at that point and grew them out.. A few years later, got blunt bangs again that ended up being way too thick, decided I hated them, and then grew out again. Another few years later, I decided once again that I wanted blunt bangs, but then as they started growing longer, instead of trimming them.. I pushed them to the side. I love my side swept bangs now. I think they really suit me.

Reptilia
August 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I recently cut mine again. I definitly look best with something covering my forehead! I have a high forehead (or "five"head as some like to call it, lol) and I can't do many updos or anything without looking nearly bald!

jasper
August 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I tried growing out my bangs in elementary school, and I think neither my mother nor I could live through the process. And then at some point in my teen years, a hair stylist convinced me my widow's peak was going to make me look like Eddie Munster if I didn't wear bangs.

I've worked on having less bangs at times, but I've never been without them.

Raven2448
August 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I envy you all who can carry off the nobang thing.

I tried many times to grow them out. I just feel that it is not a good look for me but I'm glad I made the attempt just to be sure.

Jinx2234
August 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I currently do not have bangs, but I am seriously considering getting some, so that my hair does not look so harsh when its pulled back.

butterflycayton
August 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I have had bangs all my life. I grew them down to my nose a few times but just think I look less harsh with bangs on my big forehead.

Bereft
August 17th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I dont have bangs, I've wanted to get them cut for the past 5 or so years, but I've never had the courage to. I want to get them now becaue when I put my hair up, I always manage to look like an evil school marm.:laugh:

wiggleit76
August 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I'm currently growing out my side fringe. It looked great when I used to straighten my hair, but with a natural wave it just looks messy. I keep tugging it hoping it will grow faster!

TheCatSaidQuack
January 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I have a large forhead, which I am not ashamed to admit - so the fringe I have is much needed :-). I don't care if it makes me look like a young teenager - without it, I would look...weird.

Emerson
January 8th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I had side swept bangs a few years ago and grew them out. Last month I went ahead and got blunt cut bangs and I love them and plan on keeping them :)

BrightEyes
January 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yes, I have side swiped bangs. I have a pretty high forehead and I look pretty dorky without bangs.

BrightEyes
January 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Yes, I have side swiped bangs. I have a pretty high forehead and I look pretty dorky without bangs.

Oops! I meant "side-swept". I'm tired.

violeteyes
January 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have side-swept bangs and I like them quite a bit. Although they do tend to get oily, I think they look nice.

Captain Nikki
January 8th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I've always had a fringe, always will have a fringe. I have a longish face which suits a fringe & i suffered from trichotillomania (or however you spell it) as a teenager. So, yeah, unless my eyebrows somehow manage to recover, i will always have a long fringe!

Taika
January 9th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I have a supershort fringe/bangs (I actually dont know how these 2words differ.. note to self, check the dictionary... ) they look like my hair has just been sideswept... the shortest side is just 0,5cm. on the other side they melt in to my hair smoothly... hart to explain..:) But I really like them, and bangs are easy way to get something different, without actually loosing the lenght of your hair... :)

Sammich
January 9th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I have bangs I want to grow out,(To see how I look) I cut them myself... but now it's starting to look silly. :D Hehe.
Taika. mine is like yours! XD

Copasetic
January 9th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I do not have bangs, but I kind of want them.

lexiflowers
January 9th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I have a thick-ish fringe that's taken from quite a way back in the centre (it's not too much of my hair, but you can't see forehead through my fringe unless it gets messed up) that cuts straight across the tops of my eyebrows or my eyes (depending on how long it's been since I last trimmed the thing) :p.

It softens my face a lot, reduces the size of my forehead (I have a fairly heart-shaped face), and draws attention to my eyes, so I'm definitely keeping it. I also think it looks pretty cute when I've rag curled the rest of my hair.

It's not too much of a pain in terms of styling. Although I have some waves and bends in my hair, my fringe is pretty much poker straight, but with a natural curve out from my head so it doesn't just lie flat on my face from the top. I do have to blow dry it after I wash my hair, not so it doesn't curl but so that it doesn't part in the middle - I have a very strong centre parting, always have. After I've blow dried it though it behaves all day, and it's trimmed so often I don't worry about heat damage (I only rarely blow dry the rest of my hair these days).

Speaking of regular trims, that was a bit of a pain until I took the plunge and realised I could trim it myself just fine. Before that I often ended up with it mixing in my (long) eyelashes, which made my eyelids really sore and drove me mad. Now I just cut it myself whenever it needs cutting. I still daren't trim the rest of my hair myself, but that doesn't need doing half as often as my fringe does!

pepperminttea
January 9th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Grew out my childhood fringe around age fourteen, never looked back. With oily hair, the upkeep was a pain.

aililiú
January 9th, 2010, 11:24 AM
that was funny for me to have to put that i dont have bangs... i guess they grew out without me noticing. theyre still a much shorter layer, but i can fit them into my pony so i figure theyve lost their fringe status :p hmm... wonder if i should get them back....? :rolleyes:

Kelli Kat
January 10th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't have bangs. They don't look good on me.

windinherhair
January 10th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I have bangs that are almost halfway down my face now. I am debating on whether to cut them back or continue growing.

kwaniesiam
January 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I always wanted fringe, but my hair is too thin in the front and fine so it wouldn't work out well with my hair type.

Imoness
January 25th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I have bangs, and I love them, since I hate my forehead.

snnej
January 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I have bangs.. I have had them practically my whole life. A few years ago I grew them out. Ick, I so need them!!

halo_tightens
January 26th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I voted no, but I've got such a crop of baby hairs growing that it nearly looks like I do.

Quoting an old post here, but I had to laugh-- it sounds about like me!

I do actually like the look of bangs a lot, but I can't really wear them myself. My forehead is very small, as in there's not a lot of space between my eyes/eyebrows and hairline. This means that when I do have bangs, they either have to be really short (and dorky-looking lol) or they hang in my eyes.

My cousin pointed this out one day too when we were talking about our hair. Neither of us have worn bangs for years, because we have the same small forehead.

FrannyG
January 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I've thickened and widened my bangs since I first posted on this thread a year and a half ago or so. I love my bangs, and I don't think I'll try to grow them out again. I know not everyone likes them, but I'm pleasing myself.

Svenja
January 31st, 2010, 10:58 AM
I have bangs but not a proper fringe.

Kirzja
January 31st, 2010, 02:06 PM
I have bangs, and I love them! :D
I cut them a little different each time, so I can change my look without having to touch my longer hair.

Without bangs, my fine hair pulls down with gravity so much that it becomes flat. I need my bangs to fram my face and get some body.

Red_Head_Reader
January 31st, 2010, 08:57 PM
I have side swept bangs, they are at about eye length, and I love them. I think they bring attention to my eyes, and they make my updos look nicer too!

HeatherAshley3
January 31st, 2010, 08:59 PM
I do not have bangs, never have since I was little, they do not look good on my and with my hair type, on a humid day, bangs would not be good at allll for me!

Accodion
February 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Let's see, I decided to grow my bangs out in 4th grade. That's, what... 10? Now I'm 20 and I have no desire to have them again. Maybe in the future, I dunno. Since they've long since been the same length as my hair, it'd feel like randomly cutting off a chunk of hair.

mira-chan
February 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
No bangs/ fringe here. I do have a clip on set so that I don't get tempted to cut them as it would be insanity with my hair. They'd just stand up.

cottage46
February 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I've always had bangs. I tried to grow them out a few times, but I look awful without them and I'm always relieved when I trim them back in.

Newniepg
February 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I am currently growing out my fringe, I didn't have it for long, but I don't regret cutting it in. I think I would have always wondered what I might look like with one.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 12th, 2010, 05:24 AM
i have them, but i won't cut them again. I cut them cause my hair was already very short, i wouldn't lose that much length :D Now i let them by themselves, they'll grow with the rest of my hair.

Monsterkitti
February 12th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Ive got a pretty much grown out light fringe but am thinking about cutting it back in once I reach my goal length.

I think it would add a bit of interest around my face and as I wear a wide hairband most of the week anyway if it looks awful it'll be pretty easy to grow out.

BelleBot
February 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I had a heavy fringe cut about 2 years ago. But I only kept it for about 9 months. Too high maintenance for me. So since then I've been growing it out and now have shoulder length bangs.

I had a fringe when I was little, but grew it out when Beauty and the Beast was out at the cinema as I wanted to look just like Belle! Think I'm best off without a fringe. Not sure if I'll keep the long bangs or not, might just keep growing them out.

trillcat
February 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I started a thread about growing out bangs, I have since chopped 4 inches off them. I could not take the all one length look, it does not suit me, but bangs, (they are at lip lenght now) does not suit me either. Tried the side sweep, hanging down bed head, Farah swoop, nope, nope, and no.
Hair dilema, God bless hair bands and hats till I figure out what to do with these!

girloctopus
February 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I love my recut bangs! When I started wearing my hair up all the time due to baby hands, I felt I looked really severe with all my hair pulled back from my face. People think that they frame my face well and bring out the blue/green of my eyes. I cut them straight across-ish (point-cut) with longer framing sections at the sides. I like that this cut also lets me do a sideswept look as well, to switch it up a bit :D