PDA

View Full Version : 1st seft trim

slo2gro
August 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
i just wanted to share this as i am so excited after watching many youtube vids i finally got the courage to do my own microtrim. Bare in mind i have not had a trim in well over a year since this silly BOB and well dried ends everywhere so it needed it. I didnt take a whole lot off but it certainly feels so much better. I did some end dusting too and wow what a difference it all made. So now i feel better carrying on. Just wanted to share in my excitement. WOOT ME

Grow hair grow

AnnaJamila
August 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
It is so exciting to do your first trim! I keep wanting to cut my hair all the time because it's so much fun! Lol!

Jader_Jem
August 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
lol I did the same thing last year. I watch a million youtube vids then finally got enough courage to snip my hair lol

slo2gro
August 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
woot gotta love the youtube vids man haha,,,, yeah im worried now imma want to keep snippin haha

McFearless
August 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hide your scissors! Self trimming is a terrible addiction. Ask me how I know.

:p

Jader_Jem
August 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
lol I know youtube is addicting! lol I had the same problem! Finally I had my husband hide my scissors! lol:)

slo2gro
August 9th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Ok i am addicted some to youtube especially at night it so relaxes me the makeup vids and hair vids etc. Love them really. Trimming my hair not yet and hope not to be cuz dang i dont have a whole lot of length as yet haha

Miss Maisie
August 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
That's so exciting! I know I can't trim my own, because I know I just won't stop trimming! Good work!

bunzfan
August 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well done i will be doing the same in the new year, as trimming every 6 months works best for me.

Aqua Gal
August 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
yay! It is so liberating to take the plunge. I think I danced around the bathroom my first time.

Hamh
August 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Me too!! Plucked up the courage to do a micro-trim a month ago and just did another quickie yesterday....must not get addicted! Have to say the confidence came from being part of LHC and even taking off less than 1cm in total over both trims my hair feels amazing for it!! I even have layers from chin down to hem at apl and I am very proud of what I have achieved for myself, I just can't believe now that I have spent so much money and wasted length going to salons every 3 months in the bid for healthy long hair when I can get the exact results I want myself. Amazed? Oh yes!!!! :D

Rtzgrl
August 9th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I've been cutting my own hair since I was 12, and I have to say even now I get a little thrill over the sense of independence it gives me, not to mention the absolute control I have over how much gets trimmed off. I do have to severely limit myself to only cutting it twice a year, or I'd probably have a pixie, and I do NOT look good with short hair!

Slinks
August 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
WOOT you, alright, way to go !! I still haven't done it .. I will when I'm due tho .. I told myself Sep BUT I'm cheating - sort of - I bought a creaclip (google it) to help DH :-) lol

clairenewcastle
August 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM
The first time I self-trimmed I done so successfully.
The second time.......I made a complete mess of it and had to go to the hairdresser to get the damage repaired.

Never again will I self-trim.

slo2gro
August 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM
awww im sorry Claire your second time was not a success.

Thank you everyone it really is nice to be able to share my happiness with you guys cuz just happy as a pig in poop for all the same reasons you all were. Ofcourse most around me just think OHHH KAY lol hahah BUT I am thrilled to bits lol

Kathie
August 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM
:thumbsup: its amazing what a small trim can do for your hair.

kidari
August 9th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Woot! Don't you love self micro trims?! Just don't get addicted, that's how I maintained at APL for the longest time lol.

slo2gro
August 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Im sad thou, i have those ugly layers in the back still that im trying to grow out from that stupid graduated bob i had and are like chin length if that there are not many but enough and they are I guess the canopy so looks yuck. I sometimes think cut if all one length but damn that would make it pretty short n even then they still might be frayed fuzz looking. Im just thinking I have FUGLY hair :(

deko
August 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Self-trimming is so much fun!

I micro-trim my ends every month. I have really good scissors and I don't trim any more than 5 mm / 1/4 inch at the time (growing growing growing). I have a calendar feedback that tells me to give my ends a trim :) otherwise I would be scissoring them away every week.

BTW: would you please change your text to normal sized and black? Thanks.

archel
August 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I used to trim my own bangs, but I am way scared to trim the length of my hair. MAYBE one day. The BF said no way he'd try it when I asked, hahaha!

spidermom
August 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Money is tight around here, so in spite of the fact that I said "never", I've been self-trimming, too. Well, only once since my professional cut in March. I'm not going to do it more than once every 2-3 months. No chance of going trim-happy over here.

slo2gro
August 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM
haha I wont go trim happy i was happy to have done it and not screwed it up too badly but dont think i want to do it all the time. Also, I have an illness and it was hard enough to get er done the first time lol But i dont trust a hair desser so ill be ok lol

slo2gro
August 11th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I used to trim my own bangs, but I am way scared to trim the length of my hair. MAYBE one day. The BF said no way he'd try it when I asked, hahaha!

I was scared too but i really didnt take much at all so i thought well i cant mess it up too much considering the lil weee amount I will take off. It all turned out well, Im sure you can do it if you decided you wanted to. If i can anyone can. I have shakes from hell and have to sit for everything and sometimes need to puke in the middle of everything so you can do it

Sanyia
August 11th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Congratulations on weaning yourself from the hairdresser! :cheese:

Self trimming is what finally enabled me to grow my hair. Every time I went to the hairdresser they cut too much. (It probably helps that my hair is curly, even if it's not perfectly even, no one could tell.)

The first self trim I did as year ago, and the second a couple of days ago. I think from now on it will be a smaller trim every 6 months, because my ends were fairytailing too much.

swearnsue
August 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Slow2gro, are you feeling better today? I think it was a couple of days ago you were having a "sad hair day". I like the picture of your braid. Is it from your forehead and back, like where a middle part would be? If so, it is very thick and pretty.