PDA

View Full Version : Cone free = shed??

Majorane
August 8th, 2011, 12:01 PM
The main reason why I signed up here was that I have had a really rough year, physically and stresswise. This had it's effects on my skin and nails so I switched to natural, ish, skin hair and body products. At about the same time I started shedding more then usual. I've not been complaining about it since I thought it was the result of last years hectics, switching from different meds and gaining and losing 16 pounds in half a year kinda, made me expect a shed :D
But, my conefree shampoo was discontinued recently and yesterday I used my boyfriends coneloaded hairstuffs.
1) my hair feels cony, = smoothsilkyslicksuperb
!!!!!!!!! 2) no clumps of hair in the drain after wash. No clumps in towel either. Not in bed. Not in brush. Not after fingercomb after a cinnabun day. Not now, either.

Sure, the occasional hair or two. But soooo much less than the last few weeks...

But that does not make sense right? Cones should only affect the hairshaft and not the root right?
Is this weird or what...???:confused:
But I swear the shed started after the new shampoo and now it stopped.
Im happy as a lark but can anyone maybe think of an explanation?
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

JuliaDancer
August 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
It might just be a coincidence that you started using the conefree shampoo when all your stress was happening, and now it's run out when the stressful events are over?

Majorane
August 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Ah, that is truly an optimistic view! Unfortunately not so, if anything I have more stress right now. (
But, also a lot of good friends to survive it all¡)
The shedding stopped in the course of less then a week, more like in 2 days, as well.
Oh well. :cheese:

pixiedust
August 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ah, that is truly an optimistic view! Unfortunately not so, if anything I have more stress right now. (
But, also a lot of good friends to survive it all¡)
The shedding stopped in the course of less then a week, more like in 2 days, as well.
Oh well. :cheese:
I've noticed my sudden shedding gets better when i use shampoo/condish with 'none' cones, for some reason.

glad you found something that helps (:

JuliaDancer
August 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Then maybe you were right? I don't know what the reason would be...

Khiwanean
August 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Perhaps your hair needs the slip that cones give you and you've been getting breakage because the conefree products you were using didn't give you that slip? Your hair may just likes cones!

Majorane
August 9th, 2011, 11:47 AM
:wail: i hennaed today. I found a rats nest in my drain when I rinsed. And now there are at least 30 hairs, yes I count them, in my hand every time I carefully go with my hand through my hair.
Not breakage hairs, hairs with the root attached, full length unsplitted lovely hairs everywhere.
It is awful :wail:

Those cones probably have nothing to do with it, I just so hoped there was an easy fix cause for the shed...
Is there a shed support thread where I can cry some more? Whoop, there go another 15 hairs :wail: