PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Hairstyle

Hobbit
August 8th, 2011, 05:17 AM
When I was younger my mom would french braid my hair and tuck the braid underneath the end of the french part. I suppose she secured it with bobby pins, but I can't remember.
Does this style have a name?

Sorry if I am asking something someone else has already asked. I'm sort of new to forums.

DuckyDot
August 8th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I think that it's literally a tucked french braid!

Welcome to LHC! :)

Hobbit
August 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks.:) I'm waiting for my hair to grow longer so I can do this hairstyle again.

clarinette
August 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM
That's what I do to my 2 y old daughter. It makes a sort of crown at the back right? I put elastics at the ends of the braids, tuck each braid under the french part of the other side, and secure with bobby pins (it hides the elastics completely). Then I add a pink rose in the middle for fun :P

AnqeIicDemise
August 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I don't know what its called, though I am sure it is something as obvious as a 'french tucked braid' 9-9 It always makes sense when someone points it out to me.

I had to do it for a few years while on colorguard, though. I found it easier to French braid like normal, then braid upward when I got at the nape as to have some naturally loose at the nape. I could then tuck my fingers in to widen the pocket a bit and roll the end in. I secured it with two of the big bobby pins. Then I had to secure a feather cap at the top of... swear, I felt like a chicken! BUT, judges loved it!

ETA : found it!

Yup. Tucked French Braid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqDU-ZolUvI

Although the one she has pictured is a Dutch Braid. At least now I have a different alternative. LOL :D

kanaka
August 9th, 2011, 01:43 AM
just a simple braid :)
welcome to LHC. I am new tooooo :D