PDA

View Full Version : I don't recall my hair being this light!

Mairéad
August 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I went outside to grab a "before" shot since I'm doing cassia/henna soon to get a light copper.

I always thought of my hair being a dark blonde, but the 2-3 inches of virgin roots I have would like to argue otherwise. Excuse my frizzies, my hair was still wet. (Sorry for the gigantic photo. I'll try to shrink it.)

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/IMG_7350.jpg

I used to have strawberry blonde hair but I started box color when I was 13. After that the roots looked so blah that I had assumed my hair had just gone dark. This is the first time since 13 that I've had this much virgin hair. I can definitely still see the red cast but it's not really red or strawberry anymore.

But, I think this lighter hair color is very good news for the cassia/henna I'm doing this Wednesday!

So, am I crazy? Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Is is the coloring on my computer, lol. Hair that is definitely NOT dark blonde? I'm so happy!

torrilin
August 8th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Yep, you're a blonde. I'd call it dark blonde still, but you're at the light end of dark blonde, not the weird jammed into the crevice between blonde and brown color that some people get.

Alaia
August 8th, 2011, 05:54 AM
The pic is a bit blurry so can't really tell but it does look like you're blonde! I'd call it medium to dark blonde.

Bianca
August 8th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Thats medium/dark blonde. Since you usually only see roots, it doesn't have the lenght for you to really see the color. When I grew out my natural hair, the first inch looked grey and dull. But it sure dont look like that now. I too have golden/dark blonde hair with a ton of natural highlights, thanks too the sun :p

Also, ur picture is taken in sunlight which always makes hair look lighter :)

jojo
August 8th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I went outside to grab a "before" shot since I'm doing cassia/henna soon to get a light copper.

I always thought of my hair being a dark blonde, but the 2-3 inches of virgin roots I have would like to argue otherwise. Excuse my frizzies, my hair was still wet. (Sorry for the gigantic photo. I'll try to shrink it.)

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/IMG_7350.jpg

I used to have strawberry blonde hair but I started box color when I was 13. After that the roots looked so blah that I had assumed my hair had just gone dark. This is the first time since 13 that I've had this much virgin hair. I can definitely still see the red cast but it's not really red or strawberry anymore.

But, I think this lighter hair color is very good news for the cassia/henna I'm doing this Wednesday!

So, am I crazy? Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Is is the coloring on my computer, lol. Hair that is definitely NOT dark blonde? I'm so happy!

your hair is the exact same colour as mine, i was strawberry blonde as a kid too!