PDA

View Full Version : Favorite style for just-washed hair?

selderon
August 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
While many LHCers like to let their hair air dry, there are times when you have to go out right after washing.

When you have to go out with wet hair, what's your favorite style?

mallorykay13
August 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Usually down. If I wear it in a protective style a sock bun or english braids. Gives me wavies.

Mairéad
August 7th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Before I cut my hair I would put my wet hair into a braided bun. I don't know if that is a good hairstyle to put wet hair in, but it seemed the best way to keep the environment from intruding on my drying hair and would ensure I could enjoy some awesome wavy hair when I took it down. :)

Sundial
August 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM
My contribution's not going to be much help in recommending styles for damp styling but this is what I usually do because I can't style mine when it's damp.

I have to keep mine down when wet/damp because my hair hates being handled wet. So if I really need to look presentable with wet hair (if I had something on and forgot all about it and washed my hair), I'll comb it out really well till it sits nicely and pin up both sides of my hair from above the temples so it resembles a half up. I'll be sure to wear something backless so that the damp hair doesn't make a wet spot in my shirt and bring a shawl or cardigan along for later.

Zesty
August 7th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I put it in an English braid and take it down again whenever I get back (or when I'm somewhere comfortable where it's okay to have my hair down). Because my hair absolutely refuses to dry if it isn't down. I think it's probably because it's pretty thick, especially at the back, and it needs to be spread out to dry.

taliarose
August 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Well if it's out for anything informal I'll just leave it down as is. May not look so good but heck, when my hair is wet it's the only time it curls. Now if it's for something formal I'll comb it out and if it's dry "enough" leave it to finish on it's own or put it up.

This kinda thing happens to me mostly in the summer. It's the problem of not having air conditioning at home and excersizing. :shrug:

Madora
August 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I never go out with wet hair. I airdry it thoroughly, then put it up in a lace braid..or in my usual night braid bun on top of my head.

Safira
August 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I usually wear my hair down. At some point I like to bun it for half an hour and then let hair down again. It smoothes frizz somehow :)

racrane
August 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I put it in one braid. Looks decent and isn't loose because if I wander around with wet hair, it gets tangles and is impossible. Braids are amazing for my hair, I"m learning.

Misty'sMess
August 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I try not to out with wet hair. I doesn't dry when I tie it back and I dislike wearing my hair down outside the house

Carolyn
August 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
It depends on where I am going. I substitute so I often need to go to school with fairly wet hair. I leave it down until I get there and bun it up before I get out of my car. If I'm going somewhere like Walmart or out to breakfast I'll just leave it down and let it air dry. Other times it might be braided. My bun or braid will stay damp all day but my scalp hair dries quickly so I don't really look wet for too long.

archel
August 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I wear it down in the summer if it's still damp. In the winter, it could literally freeze so I will wait unless it's an absolute emergency!

darklyndsea
August 8th, 2011, 12:48 AM
My hair is very snarly and unbrush/combable until it's at least 90% dry, so if I have to go out when it's wet the most I can do with it is leave it down or put it in a ponytail.

Alaia
August 8th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I used to cinnabun it when I had to go out with wet hair. The most recent time I had to was last year on holiday when I'd washed it after going in the pool - that time I did a braided cinnabun because my hair was long enough that a cinnabun at that length was larger than my head while the hair was wet.

I haven't had to go out wet since then though. I wash my hair late at night just to avoid that very problem! ;)

PianoPlaye
August 8th, 2011, 02:01 AM
The in case of emergency hairstyle is carefully combed through then just wrapped around my hand & clawclipped up. It doesn't dry properly but it looks justabout civilised. If I need to look smart, I use a colourful claw and some short lengths of lace woven in & out, but that is a counsel of disorganisation!

julliams
August 8th, 2011, 03:45 AM
If I have to work and my hair is still a bit wet I'll ususally put it in a cinnabun or chopstick bun. If I'm just going to the shops or running errands I'll leave it out to airdry and let it do it's thing.

pepperminttea
August 8th, 2011, 04:16 AM
If I'm going to work or somewhere where it'll need to be secure for many hours; a loose English braid, bunned. If I'm just going to the supermarket, normally a cinnabun. :)

Heatherzilla
August 8th, 2011, 05:34 AM
My hair gets thrown in a cinnabun or left out. There is no chance I'd successfully be able to braid my hair while it's wet so this is the easiest thing for me.

Raqdoll
August 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I scarf braid it at the nape of the neck then twist the scarf braid into a bun and secure with a hair stick.

Kindredraeven
August 8th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I try and leave it down for as long as I can, but usually put it in a bun. Or braid depending on how long I have in the morning.

Crysta
August 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I have those "I can't come out today, I'm washing my hair" phrases that make people think i'm 80 years old. If I HAVE to it's because I need to go pick up groceries, so it'll be a french plait, which is usually what it ends up in anyway because it tends to be wet still when it's bedtime. (it ends up very loose because of it being wet and me not wanting to pull or tangle it)

paper
August 8th, 2011, 07:11 AM
My hair is only Shoulder Length, but the day I wash my hair I like to leave it down. The next day or 2 is when I wear it up in a claw clip or headband.

QMacrocarpa
August 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I leave mine down to dry, somewhat tamed with a stretchy hairband which at least keeps it out of my face. If I had to put it up to go out, it would come down again as soon as possible because it won't dry while it's up and I don't like having wet hair. I don't have specific "putting-it-up-wet" styles, but I would probably use plastic clips of some kind and a simple bun.

Chetanlaiho
August 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Down since it's the only time my hair looks good down ^^;