PDA

View Full Version : Hubby Hair

lizdini
August 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Possibly this is the wrong place for this? But I'll just forge ahead.:cheese: My husband just shaved his head because it was grey and thinning. He thought it made him look older (he's 29). But I miss his beautiful silver hair. Honestly it was the prettiest, shiniest hair I've ever seen! Of course it was his choice since it's his head, but seriously! I hope when I get "sparkles" they're as pretty as his! Anybody else love (or hate, we're equal opportunity 'round here) their SO's hair?

Zesty
August 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
DBF has gorgeous, thick, dark hair. He keeps it fairly short (around eyebrow level in the front, mid-ear on the sides, etc), but long enough to get my hands into it. I think he looked good when he had shoulder-length hair, too, but he can't stand hair in his eyes, so he won't grow it out. But I love it even as is, it's so shiny and nice! :o

dulce
August 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM
My hubbie is 65 and has lost a lot of hair so he shaves it all off himself monthly with a hair clipper set,he hates the comb,overs so many balding men do.

Kelikea
August 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
My husband has medium brown, wavy, shiny hair. He is just now getting a sprinkling of grey/silver, but not very noticeable. He doesn't shave or cut his hair in the winter and it grows out like a crazy brillo pad on his face! Then he cuts it and shaves in the spring and I miss his hair until winter comes again...I wish he would grow it out for a whole year to see what it would look like long.

Chetanlaiho
August 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
DBF has my dream hair, it's about 1b, super soft, shiny in a good way and crazy thick <3

But, he generally slicks it back with gel >_< the sides of his head are short (used to be about half a cm, but recently they were shaved by a misunderstanding hairstylist) and the top part (down to his neck) is slightly longer than nape length. But he's thinking about cutting it. I kind of hope he doesn't xD

Flossy
August 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
My hubby has really curly, super thick hair, with the majority grey. He chooses to use the clippers to give it a #1 every few few weeks. I love when he lets it grow out a little, I call him a silver fox! He's only 36, and has been greying since his early 20's.

He's let it grow out a couple of times, but he doesn't take care of it (conditioner, what's that?) so short is better for him. I was hoping one of our 3 boys would inherit his hair type, but only one got curls, and they aren't as tight as DH's.

BlazingHeart
August 7th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I love my fiance's hair. It's the softest hair I've ever touched. I am sad that he has thinned a lot on the top.

~Blaze

Kherome
August 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I love my hubby's hair. It's shaved off to almost skin on the back and sides, and maybe 1/4 inch on top. He's Military. I love Military cuts on men.

Merewen
August 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
DH's hair is similar to mine - fine-ish, wurly, and just a shade or two darker. He's been growing it out. It looks so good on him, and I love the curls that form at the ends, just touching his shoulders.

Shoga
August 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM
DBF has been balding since he was 17 and his hairline is pretty far back, but the remaining hair is SO SOFT. I wish he'd let me experiment with castor oil and stuff on him because he hates his thinning hair. I personally have this thing for bald/super short haired men but want him to be happy. Oh well, I offered. :P

Signe
August 8th, 2011, 02:29 AM
my man has the most wonderful, thick, auburn hair...like gold and amber...most of his hair is in dreads now, but the little tight nape curls that escape just make me melt.

pixiedust
August 8th, 2011, 03:05 AM
DBF's got ashy medium textured blonde hair. It was thinner when I met him but he lets me give him head massages so its thickened up surprisingly quick :) he's got some silver by the temples already (he's 23) but I think its the cutest thing ! He likes me to cut it short but I like him with short hair anyways :)

EvaSimone
August 8th, 2011, 03:10 AM
DH keeps his hair buzzed, I missed it when it was a bit longer but still short. He had some gorgeous curls... :(

Mrspuddinhead
August 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Well when I meet my fiancee he had a shaved head. I must admit I was digging the whole bad boy gangster thing. Any-who I wanted to know what he looked like with hair so he grew it out for me, for several months. He would have his mother, who is a hair dresser color his hair for him to cover up the grey. Personally I loved the grey, I found it sexy. He disagreed. He is 34.

Here are some pictures so ya'll can see.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2elgwzn.jpg

Shaved.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e0pc9e.jpg

Hair.

racrane
August 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I love my guy's hair. He has a thick head of brown, wavy hair. He has to keep it short for his current job but when he quits (which is soon) he will grow it out. I told him on our wedding day I'd love him to have a full beard and shoulder length hair.

Amber_Maiden
August 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
My husband has long thick hair... Shoulder length, used to be longer. He doesn't take very good care of it/or he's just getting older, and its been breaking, so now he has this weird mad scientist look going on because of all the hair sticking straight out of his head. I'm thinking he'll probably have to cut it, even though I love it and it was the 1st thing that attracted me to him:(

Khiwanean
August 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I don't like DBF's hair. At all. It's nearly as long as mine and he doesn't take care of it. The ends are scraggly and he has awful layers from to a poorly done self cut. He rips though it with a bush - when he even bothers to brush it - and he insists on ripping through it long after it's actually detangled. He sweats at night and then doesn't wash his hair often enough, so it looks greasy and starts to smell. I know part of the reason he doesn't wash it more often is because he hates the feeling of wet hair and his hair is so thick it takes hours upon hours to dry. Knowing that doesn't change my dislike for it, IMO he should just get over it. Stinky hair is gross. No matter how politely I try to suggest he do take care of it differently he takes it personally, as if I'm criticizing him for some inherent part of his person and not trying to make living with his mop a little more bearable for both of us.

He exasperates me.

Ligeia_13
August 9th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Oh yeah, I am jealous of my boyfriend's hair...He has waist length, naturally dark reddish curls. So very jelly!

I love my hubby's hair. It's shaved off to almost skin on the back and sides, and maybe 1/4 inch on top. He's Military. I love Military cuts on men.

And this is a sexy haircut. Just saying :)

Guenhwyvar
August 9th, 2011, 04:36 AM
My DBF has light brown ringlet curls. My hair is dead straight and I am very jealous xD.

Neneka
August 9th, 2011, 05:14 AM
My SO's hair is short, ashy brown and curly, 3a or 2c I guess but it's maybe too short to tell. It's thinning but we never mention it. :o

Alaia
August 9th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I like DH's hair. It's so soft :D

I preferred it when it was long, of course, but he cut it (actually I cut half of it off for him when he asked me to and then he went to a salon for the rest) to get a job (long story). He prefers his hair longer too and will grow it out again when he can.

kanaka
August 9th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I love my hubby's hair a lot. he has thick, black, soft and shiny hair. he keeps his hair short. he doesnt prefer more than that and of course me too because he looks soo good in short hair.

Jing
August 9th, 2011, 07:11 AM
My fianc&#233;'s hair is the same colour (pretty much exactly - same silver and copper overtones and everything) and thickness as mine, possibly same wave pattern, too, but I've never seen him with longer hair, just been told it was wavy when he was younger. It's very amusing. We'll look very different when we've gone grey, though, because my (grand total of 4 so far) grey hairs are pure white, almost C and very curly (they don't spiral, though, they just kind of... squiggle) and the only grey hair I've found on him was more like F and silverish.

WaitingSoLong
August 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM
My DH"s hair is the softest hair, however, he will not let it grow past 1" overall. I regularly buzz his hair but recently we decided (for fun?) to shave it (with a razor). Well, I quite like it (and many people say he looks like Vin Diesel...the face shape and some parts are similar but my DH is white as can be LOL).

Well, we really like the shaved head thing. It has only been a couple weeks (I shave it twice a week) and he still has a tan line where his hair used to be. People are still commenting on the change (too funny that he gets all the hair comments now LOL)

I have seen pictures of him from his youth with longer hair. I really cannot imagine him any other way that with very short or shaved hair. I do think the saved head makes him look a teeny bit older but I think he still looks younger than he is.

myfrizzies
August 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM

I'm absolutely with you 100% there! Something so sexy to me about seeing a man with a military cut, ESPECIALLY when he's in uniform!

(since I'm in the air force, I get to see them all the time!)

:)

Sunshineliz
August 9th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I LOVE DH's hair. His is coarse and has big, near-black curls. For a long time I didn't know how curly it was because of the short cuts and his use of a brush--I just knew it got very poofy if it got longer. Then he let it grow for 3 years without any trims and it got to probably mid back. I hated it because he had no idea how to care for it--just low ponytails everyday. And because he's a curly that didn't know anything about curly care he shampooed, didn't condition, and brushed that hair.shudder: Big poofy frizz ball most of the time. There was a couple of times when I don't know what he did (probably couldn't find the hairbrush after he washed :p) that he had some beautiful ringlets and looked kind of Greek god-like.:eyebrows: He cut it off about two years ago though.

He's finally started to learn something about curls and it looks much better! (And I hid all the brushes;)) I also read up on curly-hair cutting and tried to give him a curly cut and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. (The last time he went to the salon it was a disaster. Don't assume someone with type 4 hair--or any type really--knows how to cut 3a hair.)

He's hard to get pictures from, but I do have this one PRE-curly cut. He'd been letting the top grow and surreptitiously taking the clippers to his side and back hair at night.:rolleyes: I cut it a few weeks after this pic:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7617&pictureid=104403

MamaCimino
August 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
My dh has gorgeous hair. He grew it out from a buzz cut to past his shoulders in a year and a half he has thick dark brown curly hair, something I would love to have. It has a nice wave and the ends form ringlets. But he didn't know how to take care of it. He would rip a brush through it, and not condition it very often. He's a mechanic and he had to shampoo it everyday to get all the grime washed out.. When he let me take care of it it looked nice. He finally cut it a couple months ago and I prefer him with short hair, I can see his face better! He did have beautiful hair but I'd rather stare at his face than his hair!

Silverdragn7385
August 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
My SO has the most amazing curls ever...pretty much the best I've ever seen on a male!!! (I have a pic of us in my album) He takes really good care of it, but is still trying to find the perfect haircare routine. I keep trying to get him to post on here (I know he lurks), but I guess he's too shy. ;D

Mrspuddinhead
August 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
My DH"s hair is the softest hair, however, he will not let it grow past 1" overall. I regularly buzz his hair but recently we decided (for fun?) to shave it (with a razor). Well, I quite like it (and many people say he looks like Vin Diesel...the face shape and some parts are similar but my DH is white as can be LOL).

Well, we really like the shaved head thing. It has only been a couple weeks (I shave it twice a week) and he still has a tan line where his hair used to be. People are still commenting on the change (too funny that he gets all the hair comments now LOL)

I have seen pictures of him from his youth with longer hair. I really cannot imagine him any other way that with very short or shaved hair. I do think the saved head makes him look a teeny bit older but I think he still looks younger than he is.

I've seen my fiancee with hair and without. I call him my Panthro and at times he too reminds me of Vin Diesel. ) Now that I've seen him with both with hair and a shaved head, the shaved look fits him better. Though him being Mexican, having tattoos, and a shaved head he is stereo-typed constantly and some people find him scary. Which I think it's good when it comes to our 15 year old daughter and her boyfriends. ;) Poor boys get put through the ringer. lol That's what happens when you have beautiful daughters.

Lady Malys
August 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I would give anything to have DBF's hair for myself. It is tailbone length, has a nice wave to it, is so wonderfully soft and is a gorgeous gold. *sigh* So not fair that his hair is so awesome and mine is so thin and stringy. But I am determined to improve my hair one day at a time!

pes3108
August 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
My boyfriend has the most amazing hair.. or at least I think so :) About 3 years ago when I first met him, it was long, course, blonde, and HUGE... think 80's rocker. Now it hangs in dirty blonde natural dreads down to his waist... natural meaning that they locked up on their own and are all different sizes and lengths. I used to get so many compliments on my hair, but since I've been with him all the compliments are directed to him. That is perfectly okay with me, I've told him numerous times that I've never had a boyfriend get more compliments than me on hair :p

Nae
August 11th, 2011, 06:10 AM
My poor hubby has the craziest cowlick in the back that I have ever seen! He tries to gel it into submission but it likes to stick straight up whatever he does.

He does have some things going for him though, he has a thick, non-thinning full head of hair. (And so does his dad for that matter.) And he is greying so wonderfully at his temples.

Daaaawwww, he is so cute.:crush:

Muntchka
August 11th, 2011, 06:30 AM
My DH have black hair with whites in between especially on the sides, but the look is still of black hair. Anyway I love the way those white hair appear between the others and judging by the tendency, when we're older we will both have the haircolor of Frankenstein's bride :D

kitschy
August 11th, 2011, 06:35 AM
My husband has thick, wavy, dark brown, shiny hair that he wore in a ponytail half way down his back. When he was in his mid-forties, he was jumped by a bunch of clean-cut looking thugs and the police blamed HIM. He decided he would cut his hair an go mainstream. I miss his hair - it was absolutely gorgeous! ...AND he looked wonderful when he was dressed in his business suit.

He's 55 years old, has thick, wonderful hair, with only a sprinkling of gray - and most of the time I'm jealous or his hair!:p

lacefrost
August 11th, 2011, 07:07 AM
If my husband let his hair grow, it would be very curly (curlier than mine) and jet black. His hair is so black that it shines silver in the light. But he keeps it cut very low, almost bald. When we first met, it was rough and flaky because he always shampooed (everyday) and never conditioned. Now it's very very soft.

My boyfriend probably has the softest hair I've ever touched. It's curlier than mine and he lets it grow. If it were straight it might be collarbone length? Anyway, think Lenny Kravitz hair. But so soft you don't want to take your hands out of it. And again, surprisingly jet black.

N.J
August 20th, 2011, 02:30 AM
DH has thick, curly hair and how badly I want them :evil:. The other day he was wondering if he should grow them long and I gave him so many hair-care ideas!! I was so glad as it would give me a head to experiment all that I read at LHC :D LOL that really made him :run:

mrs_coffee
August 20th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Brent has gorgeous hair (or used to). He had it shaved off when he joined the military 20+ years ago and has kept it "high and tight" ever since. I like it fine. He looks handsome with short hair. Our son has the exact same hair color and texture as Brent does and his is APL, so I just admire his.

kmoc123
August 20th, 2011, 11:37 AM
My hubby has beautiful gray and silver, shiny, BSL (he doesn't care for that term...lol) hair. I help him care for it and put it in a ponytail everyday for work....I love long hair on men and am so happy he grew it out! I love to play with it...put it in a half up pony, or braid it...I even put a Snap and Curl roller in it the other day...he didn't wear THAT for long....

Moor_tu_lyfe
August 21st, 2011, 05:43 AM
DH has been thinning for years and is on the verge of shaving. His hair is so thick and healthy on the rest of his head, but his dad is chrome dome, so it probably inevitable... I keep telling him I married him for his body, not his hair. Cheers him up a bit...;)