PDA

View Full Version : Back after a hair dye catastrophe

LouLaLa
August 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hello everyone *waves*

Ive been off LHC for a long time and now im back and excited:cheese:

Basically I dyed my hair and it literally snapped off! I dont know if anyone remembers that I decided to go back to bright blonde, i had a thread on it, but it went drastically wrong!

In essentials, my hair was dyed, it went really odd and then went dusty which resulted in my BSL+ hair getting cut back up to my chin! The hairdresser showed my how bad it was by snapping it in her hand when it was wet and it pulled apart the same way cheese strings do.

Luckily I could laugh at because im pretty easy going but it was irksome to have to begin again though my own foolishness.

This was a pretty long time ago now and my hair has grown back fantastically and I dont dye it anymore or anything, I learned my lesson :p So now its a medium blonde and im very happy indeed.

Ill try dig out some photographs if I can find them on my old phone. They make for rather amusing viewing.

Looking forward to starting again :)

spidermom
August 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Natural is easiest; best wishes to you. Good to see you.

ALYSSA
August 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
welcome back! giving up hair dye is hard for me to but yes, natural is easiest and for most people looks best. post pics please :) happy growing!

jojo
August 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome back, we live and learn!

Chiara
August 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Welcome back!
Wow, that hair snapping sounds pretty dramatic...

MiamiPineapple
August 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Same thing happened to me so I feel you! I will never neglect my hair again!:)

sarahbrownie
August 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome back!

I have to say you have a fantastic outlook and sense of humor about it! :D

pulled apart the same way cheese strings do.

Reading that was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Cringing at the image of it!