PDA

View Full Version : Castor Oil Tutorial (request)

Crysta
August 7th, 2011, 01:17 PM
So I've been hearing a lot about the uses of castor oil for hair growth ect for the past 3 years, and I'm finally curious enough to give this a try, thing is I'm not quite sure I understand what the hell to do o_O

It seems to work much in the same way that I use EVOO on my ends, but also being massaged into the scalp slightly? are you supposed to take the supplement type tablets too? Does it work on eyebrows? it there a recipe making process / diluting or something else, any specific way to apply? +_+

I guess what i'm really asking, is if you use castor oil, could you please tell me your routine for it? Or if you know how the castor oil method works could you share? I have tiny eyebrows so i'd like to see them improve, i'm not holding out for a miracle though. I've heard plenty of success stories, but has it worked for you? what were your results?

Muahahaha i'm ignorant =D so lots of questions. It took me about two years to reach out to EVOO:cheese:

archel
August 7th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I can't speak to the results as I've only been doing it about 2 weeks, but I do a full on scalp massage with the castor oil before bed on nights I know I'll be washing my hair in the morning. I may put a little on my tail ends after putting my hair in my french braid to sleep, but I don't oil all of it. I made a blend of 50/50 castor and grapeseed oil since grapeseed is so light. It makes it easier to spread on my scalp. I added some drops of lavender/vanilla and helichrysum. The lavender and helichrysum are stimulating as well as healing oils. The vanilla just makes me want to smell my hair. <3

I do not use my BBB after oiling my scalp. It makes the brush gross and it pulls the heavy castor oil down my hairs and makes it so gross. LOL. I will use my wooden combs because they love the castor oil and it makes them smell nice.

The treatment washes off my scalp well with my Giovanni shampoos (either 50:50 Balanced or Smooth As Silk, depending on what it feels like it needs).

Here's hoping for long healthy growth!

krissykins
August 7th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Here's the castor oil thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265). If you read the first few pages and last few pages, you might get the gist of how we do things. :P

Crysta
August 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.