PDA

View Full Version : Nanomax?

Hamh
August 7th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had this or can give an opinion? Is it like a keratin treatment that is sealed into hair with irons? Does it restore hair health or hinder in the long run? Just curious and always on the look for ways to delay a trim! Thanks for any thoughts!

HeatherJenae
August 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I've never heard of Nanomax but it sounds similar to the Organix Treatment I did three weeks ago. I LOVE it. It fills in the damaged areas of your hair with keratin so that hair appears smooth and shiny. And the best part is that the more you do the treatment, the more the keratin will build and the better your hair will look. I was leery of putting a flat iron on my hair at such a high temp but these products usually have built in heat protectant and the high heat is what seals the keratin to your hair. I would go for it! :)

archel
August 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm so on the fence about the Organix keratin treatment. Man, I want to try it but I'm skeered to undo all my hard work on keeping my hair healthy!

HeatherJenae
August 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Archel, are you happy with your hair now? If you are that hesitant and you're happy as is, then I wouldn't do it. Not because I've had any negative effects from it but it sounds like you've been going super strict with your hair. If it's bothering you, whether it's puffiness or frizz or something else, I would highly recommend it. It's super cheap (only fifteen bucks), you can get 3-4 months out of one bottle, and if there is any damage it's minimal because I have noticed none. I've only gotten compliments since I did it.

archel
August 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Well, I have been strict lately trying to grow my hair out very healthy; however it's that "I don't know if I'm straight or wurly" kind of hair and I would love if it was stick straight! But then I hear horror stories about damage from these treatments that doesn't start to show until months later, so I get nervous about trying it...oh but it is SO tempting!

sarahbrownie
August 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Archel, are you happy with your hair now? If you are that hesitant and you're happy as is, then I wouldn't do it. Not because I've had any negative effects from it but it sounds like you've been going super strict with your hair. If it's bothering you, whether it's puffiness or frizz or something else, I would highly recommend it. It's super cheap (only fifteen bucks), you can get 3-4 months out of one bottle, and if there is any damage it's minimal because I have noticed none. I've only gotten compliments since I did it.

How has your frizz factor been afterward? I want to try because it's cheap and there isn't any formaldehyde like Brazilian Blow-Outs but I've also heard that the chemicals in organix isn't that great either, but what straightener would be? :shrug:

archel
August 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ok, it's not entirely true that this product is formaldehyde free. It can say so on the package, but one of the other chemicals releases formaldehyde after you put the heat to it. Several people on the Makeupalley reviews have said they had sore throats from breathing the fumes for several days, so that's another thing that makes me wary along with the possible damage. Make sure you do this with all your windows open and fans going!

HeatherJenae
August 8th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sarah, my frizz factor was cut down at least 90% for two weeks after the treatment, probably 60% three weeks after. As a side note, I used very little of the solution because you have to keep it in for two days and not get your hair wet, so I didn't want super greasy looking hair at work. It got rid of that much frizz with the bare minimum of solution. It will still look it's best if you straighten it because that will make it look super sleek but it will still look good if you let it air dry. As for the smell, it was strong but not nearly as strong as any of the hair dye I've ever used. I'm going to do a second treatment this weekend. I want that 90% back! And I'm interested to see if it builds upon reapplication and looks even better than the first time. I'll let you guys know the results! :)

Fairy tale
August 8th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I just searched nanaomax it looks very interesting I am interested in this too unfortunately they don't have it in the us yet...at least not that I could find.

sarahbrownie
August 11th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Sarah, my frizz factor was cut down at least 90% for two weeks after the treatment, probably 60% three weeks after. As a side note, I used very little of the solution because you have to keep it in for two days and not get your hair wet, so I didn't want super greasy looking hair at work. It got rid of that much frizz with the bare minimum of solution. It will still look it's best if you straighten it because that will make it look super sleek but it will still look good if you let it air dry. As for the smell, it was strong but not nearly as strong as any of the hair dye I've ever used. I'm going to do a second treatment this weekend. I want that 90% back! And I'm interested to see if it builds upon reapplication and looks even better than the first time. I'll let you guys know the results! :)

Absolutely! Thanks!

HeatherJenae
August 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Sad to say it Sarah, but I admit defeat. I had to cut an inch off of my underneath hair this morning at the ends. It was fried. Although to be fair to the product, I checked my calendar, and I had actually applied it only two weeks ago when I did it again! I didn't realize it had been such a short time ago. If I had waited the suggested month or month an a half like the directions say, maybe it wouldn't have had that effect. But the truth is, I had to pitch the bottle into the trash. I find it interesting that it had the same reaction time as the Japanese straightening that I did as well. It must be something in the solution or the iron being so hot because both looked amazing for a few weeks afterward and then it just out of nowhere dissolved into a broken fried mess. Why can't there be a good smoothing product that actually works? I'm so frustrated.

Tigrestar
September 11th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hamh, I just had the Nanomax treatment done. My hair was over bleached and starting the break off. After the first week treatment (it's done over 3 weeks) my hair felt fuller and thicker. Now it's easier to wash and it's so much easier to run a wide tooth comb through when its damp to dry it.

Hamh
September 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hamh, I just had the Nanomax treatment done. My hair was over bleached and starting the break off. After the first week treatment (it's done over 3 weeks) my hair felt fuller and thicker. Now it's easier to wash and it's so much easier to run a wide tooth comb through when its damp to dry it.

Thanks for the feedback! So have you had three treatments in total? Also are you in UK, if so what was the cost of it all??

I wouldn't say my hair is really damaged, some bleach highlights towards the ends of top layers but it's the layers themselves I am trying to protect and grow south, do you think this could help me or would I be best saving my money?

sarahbrownie
September 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Sad to say it Sarah, but I admit defeat. I had to cut an inch off of my underneath hair this morning at the ends. It was fried. Although to be fair to the product, I checked my calendar, and I had actually applied it only two weeks ago when I did it again! I didn't realize it had been such a short time ago. If I had waited the suggested month or month an a half like the directions say, maybe it wouldn't have had that effect. But the truth is, I had to pitch the bottle into the trash. I find it interesting that it had the same reaction time as the Japanese straightening that I did as well. It must be something in the solution or the iron being so hot because both looked amazing for a few weeks afterward and then it just out of nowhere dissolved into a broken fried mess. Why can't there be a good smoothing product that actually works? I'm so frustrated.

I actually went out and bought the whole kit. A straight iron that can go up to 450 degrees, the keratin treatment, and the shampoo and conditioner. I was about to do it and then I get this awful feeling in my gut and just couldn't go through with it. I've just gotten rid of all my chemical damage and I just can't do that to myself again. So I've decided just to deal with it. Anyway, once the winter comes I wear my hair up 100% of the time and if I feel like it once and a while I'll iron my hair. I feel like that would be less damaging than putting the keratin treatment. It's only in the summer time where I HATE my hair, but next summer it might be long enough to deal with it. I find my curls relax more the longer it gets. Thanks for the update!