PDA

View Full Version : What is your go to everyday easy no-damage hairstyle?

aquadreamer
August 7th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any threads like this. What is your go-to everyday hairstyle? I have waist-length hair, and it's not that practical to let my hair down everyday, since it gets in the way sometimes, and my hair is usually a mass of tangles by end of the day. Ponytails used to be my go-to hairstyle, but I have heard that they damage hair severely, so I am looking for a new hairstyle to wear everyday that's pretty, keeps hair out of the way, and doesn't cause that much damage. Thank you for any insights. :)

gazelle
August 7th, 2011, 02:17 AM
When I work at school I make braids. It prevents damage and the school is too dusty so my hair stays cleaner for longer time. But sometimes students ask me to let my hair down :)

MissAlida
August 7th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I am mostly home these day's since I'm on summer break. I wear my hair in a cinnamon bun with a nice stick all the time. It's undamaging, good against the summer heat and gives me nice waves when I take it down.:)

Madora
August 7th, 2011, 06:54 AM
A lace braid around my head:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6554&pictureid=90596

Quick, comfortable, secure!

darklion
August 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I'm like MissAlida, cinnamon bun with a stick.

bluesnowflake
August 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM
braided bun or rose bun, both with pins. I also sometimes just do one english braid if I'm in a hurry.

Yame
August 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I posted a sort of similar thread recently, since I am/was in a similar situation.

You can take a look there and see some other suggestions. So far I've been using a nautilus bun or a lazy wrap bun, but I am slowly expending my "bun repertoire." :D

Here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75522

indiana
August 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
twisted bun almost every day. goody spin pins or hair sticks to hold it. my standard go-to hairstyle.

cocoahair
August 7th, 2011, 09:42 AM
two braids or a braided bun works for me

islandboo
August 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Lazy wrap - it is quick, easy and doesn't fall apart easily even in my slick hair.

Shypii90
August 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM
My everyday hairstyle is a low ponytail/very loose bun. Very boring, but it's practical for work. The only problem is I'm so used to wearing it like this that it takes some time for me to explore other options when hanging out with friends/at home alone.

Chetanlaiho
August 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Braided bun with either hairsticks or spin pins, or a lazy wrab with sticks :)

Revontuletar
August 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I've been wondering about this too. Usually on my lazy days (ie- most of the time) i wear my hair in a ponytail with a scrunchie, and on the days when I get dressed up I wear it in high pigtails - probably not the most hair friendly but they suit me and I like it. I was wondering if the regular ponytail I do is damaging my hair and what other styles I could try instead. I am useless at styling hair and I have the type of hair that is too thin to really do anything with so something easy would be great!

Patty lou
August 7th, 2011, 10:34 AM
2 braided buns up high. one on each side

Patty lou

BritHair
August 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I wear either a cinnamon bun with a nice stick or 2 long braids. The muggy weather makes my curly hair frizz too much to wear it loose :(

dulce
August 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
A single [ braided] loosely braid down my back held with a flexi 8[no elastics],or a low bun[no elastics] loosely coiled and held with a beak clip or a ficcare.

Leucothea
August 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Chinese bun :)

(The only actual bun I know how to do heehee!)

Leucothea
August 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Chinese bun :p

(The only actual bun I know how to do heehee!)

Rosetta
August 7th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Mine used to be a kind of french twist/figure8, or a mixture of those, I can't describe it better :); but these days it's a bun/updo I think I've invented myself, where I first wrap hair around my hand & then attach the thus formed "coil", I don't think that has any name either ;) (Or if anyone knows that as an existing bun, please let me know!)

archel
August 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Peacock twist with a claw, since I'm not quite to bun length yet. Unless it's a sock bun, but I don't like using elastics all the time.

Sookie
August 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sock bun! :D

chopandchange
August 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Lazy wrap.

SoulOfTheSea
August 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Nautilus bun or a pony with a soft scrunchie. Everyone seems to love lazy wrap buns, but I cannot find a good video on it, OR keep it to stay in. :(

Knittycat
August 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Mine used to be just a simple twist bun with sticks. Now it's the lazy wrap bun. I love the lazy wrap bun!!

Raqdoll
August 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Figure 8 with a hair fork or Chinese bun

mallorykay13
August 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
A cinnabun with my hairstickies. Id love to be able to do some other stuff too though.

Dark Queen
August 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Very Lazy Updo (basically a messy French Twist), LOL :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7663&pictureid=105724

myrrhmaiden
August 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
loose, side-braid if I must restrain it

pixiedust
August 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Currently, I try to do half up/half down because its the only style i can wear comfortably at my current length. However, I'd like to do braids (like my avatar pic) more often if they wouldn't take so long :/

Misty'sMess
August 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I just English braid mine. Or French braid starting at the side of my head so my hair creates it's own headband.

MissEarlGrey
August 7th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Pencil Bun, so so easy.

KarpatiiSiv
August 7th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Lazy wrap or pencil bun. :)

danaj421
August 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Lazy wrap or braided bun.

Pierre
August 7th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Two braids put up somehow, usually crossed behind my head or made into two buns, held with Flexis. I leave it that way for several days.

dmarie63
August 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mine is a basic cinnamon bun, sometimes braided first, with my bangs in a rope braid and pinned to the side of my head. That's my everyday hair style. :)

torrilin
August 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cinnamon bun variants and knot bun variants. I've got a Celtic Knot pinned on my head right now, but my hair has been peevish today and has spat out the pins for two infinity buns and a couple other things. Usually infinities are pretty reliable on me since they're a cinnamon bun variant. Flipped cinnabuns are good, both flipped up and flipped down.

If I can't get a bun to hold I'll usually stuff my hair into one or two English braids.

katythegreat
August 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Braided chignon most days.

longhairdntcare
August 8th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I just twist it up with spin pins, it gives me nice waves after

nellreno
August 8th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Typically a nautilus bun with a hair stick since it holds the best for me, but I'm trying to branch out with new styles.

Rosetta
August 8th, 2011, 03:13 AM
but these days it's a bun/updo I think I've invented myself, where I first wrap hair around my hand & then attach the thus formed "coil", I don't think that has any name either ;) (Or if anyone knows that as an existing bun, please let me know!)
Aha, I just found out myself that this is actually very close to "lazy wrap bun" and "wrap bun" :)
I just wrap it around my whole hand, and put it up much higher, as to me it looks better that way, and I can get my face-framing layers to stay there, too (the main reason); and I attach it with a beak clip, not stick.

I'm just quite confused with all these names like nautilus bun, sock bun, cinnamon bun etc. (even though I'm far from a newbie) :o

QMacrocarpa
August 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Pencil bun, lazy wrap bun, folded braid.

Merewen
August 8th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Lazy wrap bun. It's nice and secure.

Nymph
August 8th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Nautilus bun, crown braid.

When I really really can't be bothered it's a cinnamon bun.

Anje
August 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Lately, I've been defaulting to an english braid. Infinity buns have been my other default out-of-the-house style for the last few months.

Pixna
August 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Pencil bun or a lazy wrap.

kidari
August 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM
It used to be a sock bun now it's also crown braids, low side messy braided cinnabun, french twist, sideways french braid

jacqueline101
August 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I wear a pony tail.

freckles
August 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM
lazy wrap or cinnamon bun. Held with stick, or bent knitting needle, usually.

gthlvrmx
August 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Rope braided bun, usually into a pencil bun.

Raiscake
August 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Cinnabun with one hairstick. I'm notorious for wearing this style 2 weeks straight when I'm feeling lazy about my hair. :D

Maelyssa
August 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I have an infant so keeping my hair up is definitely the most damage free thing I can do. I purchased a claw clip from the dollar store & twist my hair up into a bun then secure it with the claw clip. My hair is waist length as well.
I've found that it's great at keeping it completely out of baby's reach plus it also looks pulled together rather than a hectic frazzled mom mess. LOL

clarinette
August 9th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure it has a name....But what i do, because I have fine hair that will escape ANYTHING, is take half my hair as if I wanted to do a half up, and roll this up, just twist it until it's a bun lol, and pin it down. Then I take the under part, braid it in an upwards motion, and roll it around the first bun. Looks all kinds of fancy, and is done in 5 minutes top :P add some kind of pretty thing like a flower, and good to go!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 5th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I thought I would resurrect this thread. I wonder where all these members are now?

My almost daily bun is a nautilus. Quick, easy, looks good and very protective.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5944.jpg