PDA

View Full Version : Who will take the longest?

kellinaturalmom
August 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Just for a bit of fun...

Look at your ends right now - how long does it take you you find a split end?

kellinaturalmom
August 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Ok I'm feeling pretty good about myself because it took me 7 minutes!

Shoga
August 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Wow! 7 minutes is a long time. =D

It took me 20.4 seconds. D: I snipped that sucker off.

Deemeeuh
August 6th, 2011, 08:57 PM
7 minutes, if only!
It took me 2.5 minutes and we'll see how much shorter that gets as I continue to use hot rollers 3x a week. I, too, snipped mine off (first time using hair scissors and not my nails!).

oddbeat
August 6th, 2011, 08:57 PM
7 minutes? Okay, I'm impressed.

Took me about 45 seconds. Drat. Oh, well. It's gone now. So glad I learned to S&D.

Yame
August 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM
1 second :D

MissManda
August 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
On my hemline? There aren't any that I can find.

On the ends of my remaining layers? About five seconds. :p I'm due for a few nice thorough S&D sessions.

neko_kawaii
August 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
27 sec.
I'd just spent about a half hour trimming splits, too.

Oh Lady Of The Seven Minute Split End Search, bless me with your magic! I swear my hair splits if I so much as look at it.

Yame
August 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Wait, are we talking about the hemline or are we looking at the length as well? I'd be hard pressed to find a split on my hemline, but I have plenty along the length...

pittsburgpam
August 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I looked for 4 minutes and gave up, my coffee is going to get cold. I have been on an S&D tear for about a week. I've been on very long conference calls at work with a project (10 hours yesterday!!) and I do S&D while listening. I've also taken every single little bit of hair and done it while watching TV. The first pass was splits and for days I have been doing every tiny little dot or anything else I can find.

My hair does feel and look amazing though. :) It's not grabbing at all when I run my fingers through it.

pixi_stix
August 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I had to give up too. I'm lucky that I rarely have to S&D. I usually have a cm trimmed off the ends every 4 to 6 months to get rid of whispy ends (I like a blunt hemline). but I hardly ever have splits. Though this was a different story at the beginning of the year when I had long layers put in. All I could see was split and dead ends. I had 7 inches chopped off in June to get rid of the layers. now my hair is back to it's normal none split self

Sunshineliz
August 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
2 minutes. But I have to admit part of that was trying to decide if it really was a split. On closer inspection I had to snip off alot of those "baby splits" where the split is just starting and they're hard to see. I was feeling a bit sad until I looked at the hair on the other side of my face and it was harder to find them there.:confused:

sun-kissed
August 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
One second. -dies-
I hair is horribly split for the last four inches, and then on the under-side all the way up to my nape. This all comes from a year of in-a-hurry brushing, and three years of no trims.
Now I micro-trim once a month, and do about an hour of S&D in a day, trying to get this mess under control.

freckles
August 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
9 seconds -- and only took that long because I'm in bad light. :lol:

archel
August 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'm one of those weird people who has breakage, but doesn't really get split ends. I'm hoping the SMTs will stop the breakage, too. I do get velcro ends if I don't oil, but not so much splits. Or maybe I'm just going blind in my old age? :rolleyes:

Crysta
August 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Couldn't find any on my hemline - took me about three minutes to find on on my layers.

spidermom
August 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM
About 1 minute to find the first one and about 2 seconds after that for the next one. Then I stopped looking.

Majorane
August 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I know their lair, at the nape of my neck where my hair is finest. I find them in less than 10 seconds if I were to go out for battle :luke:

:shudder: