PDA

View Full Version : Blue black henna? What brand? And where to buy

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I am looking for a blue black henna with no metallic salts (and good for Ur hair)

vanity_acefake
August 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
There is no such thing as blue black henna. (sorry).
Henna dye is red.
Indigo dye is blue black but you need to do a two step process for the indigo to stick.
Henna and to a lesser extent indigo are permanent. So you must be really sure that you want to dye your hair with them before taking that step.

vanity_acefake
August 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
This might help.
:)

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairindigo/black.pdf

vanity_acefake
August 6th, 2011, 07:26 PM
And this amazing article about henna, cassia, indigo etc by our fabulous Nightshade

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=7

HeatherJenae
August 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Blue black is such a great color! I don't know anything about henna or indigo but post pictures if the dye goes well. :)

Sundial
August 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
On the Lush henna website, it's said that leaving the Lush Caca Noir to airdry on hair instead of wrapping it with Saran wrap gives a blue black result but I don't know how true that is. Hopefully someone can verify that for you

Avital88
August 7th, 2011, 02:13 AM
On the Lush henna website, it's said that leaving the Lush Caca Noir to airdry on hair instead of wrapping it with Saran wrap gives a blue black result but I don't know how true that is. Hopefully someone can verify that for you

No way! i have been told the exact opposite so i ALWAYS wrap! well at least now i know why it wasnt working, i will try the next time i henna, not sure when i just did it, but its soo red.:(

jeanniet
August 7th, 2011, 02:55 AM
I don't know about the color, but if you let henna/indigo mud dry on your hair getting it out will be hell. I know Lush says to do it, and maybe with their mix it would be easier, but I wouldn't take the chance. If you really want a blue black you have to do a two-step. A hendigo won't do it.

alwayssmiling
August 7th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I don't know why lush would suggest that on their website. Its a really terrible idea to let it go dry. I haven't tried it because it will definitely go rock hard and be impossible to get out, it also needs some body heat (but if anyone has been successful with this I'm still interested.)

If you are sure about henna, I would recommend two step henna/indigo. I have done both methods and one step was definitely a redder/dark brown, two step gave me a blackest black. (But not a blue black). A henna expert may come along with some better suggestions.

Aveyronnaise
August 7th, 2011, 05:06 AM

This actually makes sense to me . I took a weaving class like a thousand years ago and we used indigo to dye fabric. Some of the things that i remembered are that the indigo color kind of cured with exposure to air, it was green at first and after some time in the air it turned blue , viola . The other thing that i remembered is that the color deepened with dye baths, we had to dip and expose to air , I know hair isn't the same as fabric but I can see how that would apply.

insomniac-uk
August 7th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I used to let my Lush henna air dry it does not make your hair blue/black and its a pain to get out once dry.

Sundial
August 8th, 2011, 01:02 AM
No way! i have been told the exact opposite so i ALWAYS wrap! well at least now i know why it wasnt working, i will try the next time i henna, not sure when i just did it, but its soo red.:(

I don't know about the color, but if you let henna/indigo mud dry on your hair getting it out will be hell. I know Lush says to do it, and maybe with their mix it would be easier, but I wouldn't take the chance. If you really want a blue black you have to do a two-step. A hendigo won't do it.

I don't know why lush would suggest that on their website. Its a really terrible idea to let it go dry. I haven't tried it because it will definitely go rock hard and be impossible to get out, it also needs some body heat (but if anyone has been successful with this I'm still interested.)

If you are sure about henna, I would recommend two step henna/indigo. I have done both methods and one step was definitely a redder/dark brown, two step gave me a blackest black. (But not a blue black). A henna expert may come along with some better suggestions.

This actually makes sense to me . I took a weaving class like a thousand years ago and we used indigo to dye fabric. Some of the things that i remembered are that the indigo color kind of cured with exposure to air, it was green at first and after some time in the air it turned blue , viola . The other thing that i remembered is that the color deepened with dye baths, we had to dip and expose to air , I know hair isn't the same as fabric but I can see how that would apply.

Yup! I was trying to get as much information on Lush Noir as I can, and on the Lush's Hong Kong website (you can check it out online),it says to air dry for blue black and to cling wrap for reddish tones. But I did remember someone saying that air dried henna is hard to wash out so I don't know how that works. I still haven't gotten the courage to venture into the world of henna

I used to let my Lush henna air dry it does not make your hair blue/black and its a pain to get out once dry.

Thanks insomniac-uk!! That's good to know :flower: I'm glad I didn't take the plunge and follow their directions then