PDA

View Full Version : Those with blond hair who used Caca Brun

Blond On Blond
August 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I've decided to go brown :) I've tried chemical dyes in the past, ended up with fried hair, so decided to go natural this time. I use cassia a lot and love it, but I'm kinda scared of jumping right into powdered henna/indigo. The positive reviews on Lush Caca Brun helped me make up my mind - I'm going caca! :D

How many blonds here have experienced the fading of the indigo after using LCB? I'm not too keen on the idea of reddish hair, I dyed my hair red before and it did not look too great with my complexion. Chestnut brown is OK as long as it's BROWN ;) After the initial application fades, will reapplying caca brun intensify the redness, or just "bring back the brown"?

I did a strand test and I love the result, but I'm a bit worried with the idea of the brown fading to orange/red.

BTW I added a bit of amla to my experimental brun mix and the result is a warm brown with no reddish tones whatsoever, even in sunlight.

Blond On Blond
August 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Anyone? I have a block of caca that I'm scared to use :(

Unofficial_Rose
August 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'm not blonde, but I use Caca Brun these days as it's a lot lighter than full on powdered henna and indigo. It also fades, so if you don't do it too often, you stand a chance of getting rather more of it out if you want to go back to blonde.

spidermom
August 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Try one strand that doesn't show too much, see what you think. Or save hair from your brush and try that.

Blond On Blond
August 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Try one strand that doesn't show too much, see what you think. Or save hair from your brush and try that.

I did :D I love the color, the thing is - I want to keep it. I have no idea how my hair will behave after several washes though.

Blond On Blond
August 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not blonde, but I use Caca Brun these days as it's a lot lighter than full on powdered henna and indigo. It also fades, so if you don't do it too often, you stand a chance of getting rather more of it out if you want to go back to blonde.

So it fades gradually? I mean - no faster fading of indigo only? Great! Time to take the plunge :D

Thank you ladies!