PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here enjoy the "wet" look?

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I ask this because I have completely saturated my hair in Kimberlily's Coconut Hair Butter and it looks AMAZING!!! In junior high I had always wanted to achieve the wet look but since my hair is mostly straight it would look of course greasy. That was probably because of the baby oil, lol! Also, this coconut hair butter seems to be a miracle, because when I use straight coconut oil alone my hair looks like I haven't washed in forever and the softness gets lost. :( And, jojoba oil does nothing for me really. But this wet look is AWESOME and is soft to the touch. :D I am actually thinking of doing this look almost everyday, but I wonder will that be too much for the hair like an over load or something?

Avital88
August 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
hmmm what is it exactly, where can i buy it??
i think everyday would be too much, think build up and such. but i like the wetlook!

terpentyna
August 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I adore the look. : )

melirod
August 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
What exactly is this coconut hair butter? I have straight hair too and most oils make my hair look greasy and nasty as well. I'm intrigued.

melirod
August 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
What exactly is this coconut hair butter? I have straight hair too and most oils make my hair look greasy and nasty as well. I'm intrigued.
Well nm, I just found the thread. :D

Demetrue
August 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I like the slicked-back, wet look in the summer. I can pretend I am at the beach instead of at work! I use either John Freida Full repair (which has silicone, I think) or some inexpensive knock-off of Morroccan oil (which definitely has silicone as well as argan oil).

SoulOfTheSea
August 6th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I like it very much!! I just do not know if I could pull it off...

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
hmmm what is it exactly, where can i buy it??
i think everyday would be too much, think build up and such. but i like the wetlook!

It's actually a recipe a member named Kimberlily created. Here is the recipe:

~8 oz melted extra virgin coconut oil
~2 oz jojoba oil
~10 drops vanilla essential oil (optional)
~10 drops sandalwood essential oil (optional)

(You can use any essential oils to your liking, since I used spearmint)

-Combine all ingredients in a sterilized jar, stir well and let it sit until it solidifies. It will have the consistency of soft butter at 70 degrees. Melt a small amount in your hands and use on wet or dry hair to keep ends soft and free of splits.

-A little goes a very long way!

-Keep in a cool place or it will melt.

(I had to pop mine in the fridge cause it's hot where I live)

You can also find the recipe by typing Kimberlily's Coconut Hair Butter in the search bar. :)

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Well nm, I just found the thread. :D

Sorry I took too long, but I am glad you found the thread. If you try it I hope it works out for you. :D

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I like the slicked-back, wet look in the summer. I can pretend I am at the beach instead of at work! I use either John Freida Full repair (which has silicone, I think) or some inexpensive knock-off of Morroccan oil (which definitely has silicone as well as argan oil).

Is the knock off one you use called One N Only Argan oil?

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I like it very much!! I just do not know if I could pull it off...

I didn't think I could pull it off either, because every time I would oil it with baby oil or coconut oil it looked yucky but this recipe actually made it look like my hair was wet from a shower. I should have took a picture to show y'all darn! I have a pic of it but with my hair up I'll post it anyway and I hope it looks nice. :)

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Here is the photo, sorry its not that good but you can really see the "wet" look in my bangs. I don't think they look greasy or anything, I love it! :inlove:

http://i52.tinypic.com/11huhb7.jpg

GabrielleRose
August 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Wow the picture came out HUGE...

CurlyMopTop
August 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I whipped up a batch of this stuff a while back and I LOVE the stuff!!! I didn't add the essential oils though. I like to use it as a leave in on the ends of my hair. I only use a tiny amount and it works lovely. I never thought to try putting it on the whole length (for styling). Hmmmm, some experimentation might be in order here..... ;). Thanks for the idea!!

GabrielleRose
August 7th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I whipped up a batch of this stuff a while back and I LOVE the stuff!!! I didn't add the essential oils though. I like to use it as a leave in on the ends of my hair. I only use a tiny amount and it works lovely. I never thought to try putting it on the whole length (for styling). Hmmmm, some experimentation might be in order here..... ;). Thanks for the idea!!

I love it too! I'm a little shy to use it on the ends, because then it might look greasy but I may need to do a little experimentation with it. :) I hope it works as a styling aid for you. By the way, you have lovely curls. ;)

CurlyMopTop
August 8th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Thank you GabrielleRose (making myself wait till wash day.......must hold out!!!!). :)

GabrielleRose
August 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thank you GabrielleRose (making myself wait till wash day.......must hold out!!!!). :)

You are most certainly welcome CurlyMopTop. ;) How many times a week do you wash your hair if you don't mind me asking? I wash mine everyday, but that's because I feel better washing it. My scalp just feels weird if I don't wash it.

CurlyMopTop
August 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I normally wash whenever I feel like my hair really needs it, but I did a lot of experimenting over the weekend, so my hair needs a little break (sopped it down everyday Thurs thru Sun). That's way more than what it's used to. I have gone up to 4 of 5 days without washing. I'm trying right now to give up shampoo completely, but have been using a sulfate-free cleanser once a week for the last 3 weeks. Any other time I wet my head, I only use conditioner. It's hard trying to balance stretching washes and tangles and experiments... lol.... ok, now I'm starting to ramble. Sorry!! :)

BlazingHeart
August 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I prefer my hair dry. The bright gold in my canopy gets muted when it's wet, and I prefer the smooth brushed bodywaves I get dry. I prefer my hair not piecy, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if my preference for dry hair has to do with how heavy my hair is wet, and how long it takes to dry, though!

Cute look on you.

~Blaze

GabrielleRose
August 8th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I normally wash whenever I feel like my hair really needs it, but I did a lot of experimenting over the weekend, so my hair needs a little break (sopped it down everyday Thurs thru Sun). That's way more than what it's used to. I have gone up to 4 of 5 days without washing. I'm trying right now to give up shampoo completely, but have been using a sulfate-free cleanser once a week for the last 3 weeks. Any other time I wet my head, I only use conditioner. It's hard trying to balance stretching washes and tangles and experiments... lol.... ok, now I'm starting to ramble. Sorry!! :)

Wow, you're lucky you can days between washings. I can't do it. because my scalp hurts lol. Sounds weird but it ends up feeling as if its blocked up. I also can not stand my hair looking lank and oily. I know I could just wear my hair up but I suffer from migraines so I always want to wear my hair down.

GabrielleRose
August 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I prefer my hair dry. The bright gold in my canopy gets muted when it's wet, and I prefer the smooth brushed bodywaves I get dry. I prefer my hair not piecy, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if my preference for dry hair has to do with how heavy my hair is wet, and how long it takes to dry, though!

Cute look on you.

~Blaze

I understand what you mean about the color being muted when wet. I have dark blonde hair so whenever it gets wet or I use something to heavy on it it ends up looking brown which I really don't care for but the wet look is cool every now and then. :p Thanks for the cute comment, I hope you will post a pic of your hair soon so I can comment on your hair as well. ;)