PDA

View Full Version : Lots of long hairs yesterday!

Tabihito
August 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I spent most of the day in Houston yesterday at the Shakespeare Festival and Museum of Natural History. And wow were there a lot of long hairs! I actually lost track of how many people I saw with extremely long hair! There was one group of people at the museum where all of the women and girls had hair that was at least hip length, judging by the sizes of their buns, and probably longer; one of the girls had a braid down past her knees. I think for them it was religious though, as they were also all wearing long skirts and very modest shirts, but whether or not it was, it was awesome. There were so many more though, women and girls of all ages, from old women with awesome white braids to college-aged girls to little kids whose mothers may or may not have had long hair themselves. I saw lots of hair sticks, some of those flexi 8s, and many that probably used pins since I couldn't see how their hair was put up. There were even a few that I suspect may have been LHC members, I recognized a few styles from tutorials here (one of which I'm still waiting for my hair to be long enough to do).

What stands out though is a woman I saw at the performance of Taming of the Shrew. She was sitting a few rows behind us, but when she walked back to her seat, she had knee-length curly hair down almost to her knees. It was incredible!

I take it as a good sign. Either very long hair is becoming more socially acceptable, or there's enough of us out there who don't care whether or not that it is to force it into being acceptable. Though it could have to do with where I was, given that a museum and a Shakespeare Festival aren't exactly what most people are going to do with their fridays. But regardless, the long hairs are out there in droves! I like to think that the LHC is slowly going to take over the world...

HeatherJenae
August 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM
That's great! I'm glad you saw so many fellow long hairs. It's like, too much fun stuff to look at all at once. :)

pixi_stix
August 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I would have been in hair heaven surrounded by that many long haired people.

Avital88
August 7th, 2011, 02:16 AM
To see long hairs in public is the best motivation to grow longer hair :)

Beatnik Guy
August 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I take it as a good sign. Either very long hair is becoming more socially acceptable, or there's enough of us out there who don't care whether or not that it is to force it into being acceptable. Though it could have to do with where I was, given that a museum and a Shakespeare Festival aren't exactly what most people are going to do with their fridays. But regardless, the long hairs are out there in droves! I like to think that the LHC is slowly going to take over the world...

It is a good sign. G(r)o(w) longhairs! :D

racrane
August 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
That is awesome. I went to my state fair today and it was depressing. Very little long hair sightings and what was considered "long" for WI - BSL+ - was damaged and not so pretty. :( I always am in heaven when I see long, healthy hair. My boyfriend thinks I"m weird but I'm plainly not alone!