PDA

View Full Version : recommend a horn comb for me

archel
August 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I read somewhere that the buffalo ones are stinky when you get them wet, so I'm assuming I need ox or something. I'm not sure who makes the nicest smooth horn combs - can you folks recommend an affordable one?

islandboo
August 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I have purchased a number of very nice yak horn combs from terminator_9999 on eBay. I haven't noticed any odor issues, but I don't get the combs soaking wet (I do use them on wet hair, I just don't bring them in the shower).

Kibeth
August 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I have purchased a number of very nice yak horn combs from terminator_9999 on eBay. I haven't noticed any odor issues, but I don't get the combs soaking wet (I do use them on wet hair, I just don't bring them in the shower).

Same here. I have gotten all of my horn combs from her. I think I have a total of four. I don't get them wet though, nor do I use them on my wet hair (my hair breaks if you look at it when it's wet). They have lasted 6-7 years so far.

silverjen
August 6th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I think all types of horn combs get stinky when wet, but brief exposure to damp hair isn't enough to cause them to smell. You just don't want to bring them into the shower, or leave them sitting in a puddle. Terminator_9999's combs are fine, and very reasonable!

wishywashy
August 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I am waiting to get a horn comb for myself for xmas...they are so beautiful. Thanks for the seller info!

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I benefitted from this thread as well. Thank you ladies!

slo2gro
August 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
i was wondering that too, i was looking at some on etsy but im a lil confused with how that works is that like ebay where you have to bid on stuff... sheesh im confused lol

wishywashy
August 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
etsy you can just click and buy. No bidding or waiting to 'win'.