PDA

View Full Version : two years ... and a bit.

freckles
August 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Last month was my two year anniversary at LHC! I have learned so much here!
I have been intending to do an anniversary post since then, and it looks like I've finally gotten around to it.

In 2007ish, I was maintaining a hair cut like this
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3597&pictureid=62357
and didn't so much decide to grow it out, as I just stopped cutting it because I couldn't make up my mind one way or the other. I didn't straighten, didn't use curling tongs, but I ripped through my hair with a brush, blowdried occasionally, and rarely used conditioner. I went without cuts/trims, but also without any knowledge of hair care, for about 2 years before joining LHC. My hair was BSL, fairly tapered, and very split. Here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3597&pictureid=46235

LHC persuaded me to get my first trim in years (a whole 2 inches!), to start using conditioner religiously (I mostly CWC), to cut down on blowdrying (but I haven't totally cut it out), and to S&D. Oh, and I learned to wear my hair up -- now, it is very rarely down and I love it up!

By the end of my first year here, I had hit waist. (I was trimming along the way)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=77886

In October, I had my boyfriend do a significant trim (a little over an inch) that gave me a blunter, straighter hemline. I still have ex-face-framing layers to grow out though. Then I decided I was sick of trimming because I'd trimmed off more than half my growth since I joined and I desperately want to reach tailbone! I haven't trimmed since October, and plan not to trim for the rest of the year.
This is my hair about a month after the October cut ...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=89327

And this is my hair the end of last month
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=109788

It's not obvious, because I don't wear consistent outfits for my length shots, but my hair IS longer than the October shot. I can feel the difference :) Not sure exactly how long right now, because I couldn't find my measuring tape this morning, but I last measured at 33 inches, and I'm 3 or 4 inches away from my goal of tailbone :)

I still have the problem of a bajillion split ends ... but that seems to be par for the course for me! I have trimmed off nearly half my growth in total since I arrived here, and they don't want to leave, so right now ... I'm ignoring them and charging full steam ahead! :D

Just one question for you all ... can I PLEASE call this 'hip'?! I've been waiting so long! :lol:

irishlady
August 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Your hair is stunning! Keep up the great work :)

vanity_acefake
August 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Your hair is beautiful. And definately growing well.

gypsymoth
August 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Whoa, lovely! Your colour is gorgeous :)

Avital88
August 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Very lovely hair! happy growing and i must say your hemline is perfect:)

Lilli
August 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Congratulations! Beautiful hair.

jeanniet
August 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM
It's really beautiful, and you've obviously done a great job caring for your hair in the past two years. :)

slo2gro
August 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
gorgeous hair great job

gthlvrmx
August 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
That is amazing growth! It looks so perfect! :) Good job! I love it. Hip length hair is amazing!

Slinks
August 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
ugh !!!!! hair envy !!! my, that's a beautiful mane you have there :-)

lapushka
August 6th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Your hair looks great! Happy anniversary!

vintage88
August 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Absolutely gorgeous :) I can't wait for my hair to be as long as yours!

kidari
August 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, oh wow! I've only been here at LHC for about a month or so but I'm already been thinking of changing my goal length from waist to hip and now you've convinced me! Did I say already that your hair is gorgeous?!

CurlAhead
August 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Your hair grows like, SUPER FAST!!! It is very beautiful as well :)

Carriegirl
August 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
It really is beautiful! And I think it is at hip! Nice growing!

freckles
August 6th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Your hair grows like, SUPER FAST!!! It is very beautiful as well :)

I swear it doesn't :) It grows right around 0.5 inches a month, totally average. I have gained about 7 inches since joining, and trimmed about 5. :)

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments! :o

Dragon
August 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Your hair is beautiful, Happy Anniversary :) It looks like its at hip length.

paper
August 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers: Your hair is so pretty and shiny!!

tinywife
August 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
It's hard to tell where your hip bone is, but it looks like hip to me! Nice going!

pepperminttea
August 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Great growth, and I would definitely call that hip! :D

Crysta
August 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
wow such good amount of growth! well done you hair is in wonderful condition.

krissykins
August 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Congrats on your anniversary and for reaching hip! I am so jealous of your growth!!

bte
August 7th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Definitely hip, and longer than in Edinburgh! Congratulations!

freckles
August 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM
thanks everyone! :) I think I'm definitely going to start thinking of it as hip! :)

CurlyMopTop
August 7th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Your hair is stunning! I would definately call that hip. Congats!! (sighing with envy) :)

CastaDiva
August 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Your hair looks amazing! And I definately think you can call that hip. Congratulations:)

americanjan1
August 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hope my harr lookes even halfway as good as that in two years!

americanjan1
August 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
*hair...apparently I can't type today!

vanillabones
August 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I definitely would call that hip and I love your hair. Amazing progress. So inspirational to me considering we have the same exact hair type and color :) I loveeee your hair you've done a great job and it is beautiful. I haven't been here long nor have had long hair for years and years but have also cut off half of my growth from splits and bleach so far :(

free_hug
August 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM
To me it does look hip, as far as I can see on the pics. Your hair is beautiful! And this length seems to suit you so much better than shoulder. I love it.

sarahbrownie
August 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Amazing! I've been meaning to PM you about the great message you sent a while ago, I've just been busy, and with things like that I waiver between intense curiosity or fleeting fancy. I've loved your avatar since I first seen it think it's cool you go to York, I might not go since the tuition for international students is more I can afford right now, but enjoy it for me! Your hair is exactly what my dream hair would be, and even more impressed that you kept yourself from trimming! Congrats!

freckles
August 8th, 2011, 07:02 AM
thanks everyone for your lovely comments! Especially those of you who said I could call it 'hip' :lol: on to tailbone next, whoopee! :D

To me it does look hip, as far as I can see on the pics. Your hair is beautiful! And this length seems to suit you so much better than shoulder. I love it.
Yeah, I think it suits me better than shoulder too. I LOVED that cut when I had it, but when I look back at photographs now I'm just not keen on it!

Amazing! I've been meaning to PM you about the great message you sent a while ago, I've just been busy, and with things like that I waiver between intense curiosity or fleeting fancy. I've loved your avatar since I first seen it think it's cool you go to York, I might not go since the tuition for international students is more I can afford right now, but enjoy it for me! Your hair is exactly what my dream hair would be, and even more impressed that you kept yourself from trimming! Congrats!
I'm actually no longer in York, I graduated this year. But it is a great Uni. Tuition for international students (at all UK universities) is definitely more than I would pay though! Thanks :)

eta: no worries about the pm, I don't necessarily need a response, but glad to hear it wasn't unwanted or anything :)