PDA

View Full Version : Avanti Wet-Dry Nano-Titanium Ceramic Silver Digital Flat Iron

CurlAhead
August 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I am just wondering if anyone has tried this wet to dry straightener? It works as a blowdryer and straightener all in once. The reason I am asking is because I think it would be easier for me to straighten my hair when it's wet. I just want honest opinions and I am hoping that someone with pretty curly hair has used it and can tell me a little about it.

(I hope it is okay to ask about a special product?)

Majorane
August 6th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have no idea how this particulair product works but I have straigthened my hair when wet (long time ago). It made my hair very straight, but hey-like in the long run....

Isn't heatstyling on wet hair extremely damaging?

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
if you have to straighten your hair wet dry straigtheneres are the bomb, but invest in a more exxpensive one i bought a cheap conair one from walmart and im not a huge fun but everyone at my hairdressers was raving about this wet dry straigthener and all i remember its dark pink, but invest in a pricier one

I am just wondering if anyone has tried this wet to dry straightener? It works as a blowdryer and straightener all in once. The reason I am asking is because I think it would be easier for me to straighten my hair when it's wet. I just want honest opinions and I am hoping that someone with pretty curly hair has used it and can tell me a little about it.

(I hope it is okay to ask about a special product?)

UltraBella
August 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
From the standpoint of a professional.......
Wet/dry straighteners are just about the WORST thing you can do to your hair. I know, I know, the packaging, commercial, stylist, etc.... says it is non-damaging. It is a LIE. A bold, blatant lie.

alwayssmiling
August 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I'm not totally against heat straightening, but I wouldn't put a wet to straight iron anywhere near my hair. I was always taught to make sure hair is perfectly dry before ironing. I would recommend a ceramic straightener which has adjustable heat settings. Start on the coolest and work your way up until you are happy with the results. Most hair doesn't need to be on full heat setting.

CurlAhead
August 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Arghh, what a shame. I thought it would be just as damaging as a regular straightener since it was made for wet hair... And also because all of the girls using it on youtube got shiny hair.. :(