PDA

View Full Version : MBL confusion!

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
So some people consider MBL the same as BSL, then I see some people consider MBL between BSL and waist. What gives? :cheese:

krissykins
August 6th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Well, BSL is technically your middle back. And most guys wouldn't know where BSL length is on them, so they might call it MBL. :p

I personally consider MBL to be past BSL but not waist.

jeanniet
August 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
BSL is kind of a vague term, because it hits differently depending on the kind of bra you wear, and some people consider the top of the bra strap to be BSL and others the bottom of the strap (and if you're well-endowed the difference can be a few inches or more). MBL is pretty precise, and may or may not be the same as BSL on you. In other words, it just depends on how you look at it. :D

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
How do you find where MBL is then?

gthlvrmx
August 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
It's different for everyone, people have different perspectives.
Since i don't wear a bra, past shoulderblades is BSL, MBL is like right there, between bsl and waist, usually right in the middle. Damn this confusing terms.

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Its like the only length term that is quite vague..

Kathie
August 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Some consider BSL to be where the bottom of your breasts attach to your torso. You could use something like a ribbon to wrap around your torso making sure that it fits snugly under your breasts- that would be BSL. I don’t think this method would be greatly affected by how well endowed a person is- because it’s not where the bottom of the breasts are its where they actually connect to your torso.

jojo
August 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I call mbl the area just past bsl but not quite waist.

torrilin
August 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Honestly, most body milestones are vague. Does shoulder length mean "just touching shoulders" or does it mean "my shoulders are covered by hair?" For most people, that's a couple inches worth of difference. Does APL mean "it's near my armpits" or "you can't see the top of my armpits for the hair"? Again, about an inch of difference. Depending on who you ask, hip can mean "touching the top of the hip bone" or "covers a measuring tape measuring my full hip circumference". On most people, the difference between those two is at least 5".

That's why I measure by body milestones too. I do not need any encouragement to become obsessive about measuring my hair. So I use body parts to ballpark it, and if there's reason to give a measurement, I do. A few weeks back where someone with waist length iii thickness hair was wondering about styles... and I pointed out that her waist length was shorter than my BSL length so comparison on the styles *I* can do at near waist and what she can do? Kinda beyond meaningless. There, measurements were useful. Most of the time tho, they just feed the crazy.

Kathie
August 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
There, measurements were useful. Most of the time tho, they just feed the crazy.
Teehee, so true.