PDA

View Full Version : Funny contrast in your overall hair

Rosake
August 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8326&pictureid=109786

Why o why are two strands of hair in my neck SO curly compared to the rest? I think it's just so funny and I've never seen it with any one else. How I wish it was all curly like that! I notice these hairs are much dryer and split very easily, while the rest of my hair is very strong and really not as dry.

Does any one else notices differences in their hair that they would like to share? :P (besides your roots and ends of course).

whitestiletto
August 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
The hair at my nape is also dryer and curlier. I was just this morning trying to smooth it because one lock is so much crunchier!! Why oh why! Its just at the very bottom of the back like yours.

Yame
August 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Wow, that's interesting! My hair doesn't have any contrasts like that, except for the fact that it's coarse but there are a lot of very fine strands all over the place.

Also, my hairs that are located around the same area as your curly hairs are shorter than the rest of my hair, and don't seem to grow past BSL. But maybe that's just pony tail damage?

longcurlygirl<3
August 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
the side of my underlayer are looser curls and silkier than the rest of my hair. My nape is silky but the top [canopy] and overall is dryer and more delicate.

AshleyTheRed
August 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have silver in some parts of my hair. I also have a sandy blonde streak on the underside of my hair.
I always have one oily slick spot above my left ear. No matter how dry the rest of my hair gets.

My hair is absolutely wild. It stick up all over the place, tangles and is really a hassle. My bangs also curl up and stick to my head.

Leucothea
August 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
My hair does the same thing! And those two strands (on my hair) never grow longer than APL, I have no idea why, but no matter how much I baby them, they refuse to grow longer.

BlazingHeart
August 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
My hair changes thickness and color. My canopy is lighter, the streaks go all the way up to pale blonde, and it's finer hair. Most of my head is kind of a medium chestnut, and medium diameter. My nape hair is darker and redder in color, and coarse.

I haven't noticed much of a difference in waviness, but I also haven't looked for it. I'd probably only notice if I skipped the hairbrush, as that smoothes out and stretches my waves into almost nothing.

~Blaze

Rosake
August 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
My hair does the same thing! And those two strands (on my hair) never grow longer than APL, I have no idea why, but no matter how much I baby them, they refuse to grow longer.

I know right! It just stays the same length. Besides that I also have really blond and really dark, almost black hairs. I think my hair just can't figure out what it wants to be :o

@ Yame, yeah that could be true. Must be some reason for it! Or maybe damage from coats and scarfs..

MissAlida
August 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
My longest layer, the one at the nape of my neck is straight. Sort of a 1b. The rest is wavy, curly. My theory is that the longest layer is the inferior one, and it must bear all the weight of the other layers, so it doesen't have space to curl. But your hair seems to bee the exact oposite of mine. Very interesting.:o

Unnamed
August 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Are they near the nape hairline on either side behind your ears? If so, I have 'em, too; I also have another bit at my left temple.

After finding the curlier bits underneath (part of a shorter/regrowth/new growth layer) not even a year ago, I ended up re-doing the 'dry hair without touching' for hair-typing, and found that all my hair has the same general wurl pattern as the curlier bits in the underlayer. But the bulk will straighten (to 1a) very easily, whereas the properly curly bits don't seem straighten-able. :lol:

Knittycat
August 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
One side of my head is 1b, and the other is 2b!

Avital88
August 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
here the same! the hairs there are spirals the rest is just really wavy. but i admit your difference is quite big

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 6th, 2011, 01:20 PM
that is really strange it *

spidermom
August 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I have a cluster of curly hair behind each ear, too.

gthlvrmx
August 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Gosh i don't know why this happens, same thing happens to me in the same area. Well, it doesn't get curlier, it's finer and splits and breaks easily, the hairs are just lighter colored, the hairs just in that specific area doesn't coil as much, it's a really loose spiral. I have no clue why.

slo2gro
August 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I have a cluster of curly hair behind each ear, too.

i get it too. Its not quite as pronounced but i too get it slightly behind the ear as well. Things that make ya go hmmm lol

linnepinne
August 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Have you tried plopping your hair or do "the curly girl"-method? (google it) Maybe all of your hair DOES have the ability to be that curly?

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 02:24 PM
The underside of my hair is much more fine than the top of my hair... Which makes it look frizzy when its not.

Sanyia
August 6th, 2011, 03:01 PM
My hair is the opposite, I have straight hair where yours is curly.

Shoga
August 8th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Wow! I have curly hair at the nape too. =3 In my avatar picture, that curl is what that hair naturally does if I don't brush it out. lol!

Mesmerise
August 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I have the same thing! My hair is so much curlier underneath than it is on top... :rolleyes:. It is nice to know there are others with the same hair! I used to think I was the only one with mental hair that was so much straighter on top than underneath! Over my head my hair ranges from probably 1b/c to 2c maybe even 3a with the spirals! It's insane!!!!

Melon Collie
August 8th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Mine isn't curly underneath. I have waves as if I just braided the layers underneath at the nape of my neck.

I assumed it was from sleeping on my hair when it's slightly damp.

rena
August 8th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Combination hair, gotta love it ;).

Kathie
August 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
My hair near my neck can be really frizzy- one hairdresser actually described it as afro. I wouldn't go that far, but many of the strands are really kinky or the way down... if that makes sense.

Jeno86
August 8th, 2011, 11:25 PM
My hair is pretty smooth and has a little wavy but there are really random hairs that are course and REALLY curly. Like tiny, tiny black corkscrew hairs. It's really odd.

Chibbylick
August 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
My brothers partner has hair that is curly at the front, and very loose waves at the back. If her hair is cut when straightened, the front section will shrink a good 3 inches shorter than the back at the next wash.

MagicAndMayhem
August 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
The hair on the right side of my head is significantly wavier than the left...hmmmmm