PDA

View Full Version : Face framing layers accident

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I know this is useless without pics but still a sicky and that's why I am starting all these new threads cuz I can't sleep :D

Anyway, I got sick of my bangs growing out and I cut them again. Good news is I am very glad I did. I just look better with them and if I keep them trimmed they don't bug me too much. This time I cut a little less of them as in I started from the middle of my brow rather than the outside because those tendrils seemed to be annoying. After I did this I realized it made very cute little wisps to hang down with updos and I LOVE it!!! I had been SO afraid to get those kind cut in a salon because of what I would get and now I have exactly what I want by accident! Weird huh? I can also keep them trimmed to whatever length I want or pin them back if they get in my way just like my bangs! :cheese:

jessie58
June 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Oh Curlsgirl, I'm going to cry now. I wish I could say the same, however I am happy for you and your new bangs. Since I cut mine, I wear my hair up almost every day and they make such nice curlies and wispies for an updo.

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Oh Curlsgirl, I'm going to cry now. I wish I could say the same, however I am happy for you and your new bangs. Since I cut mine, I wear my hair up almost every day and they make such nice curlies and wispies for an updo.

Why are you going to cry now? :( You like yours right?

jessie58
June 26th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Why are you going to cry now? :( You like yours right?

Oh good lord no I hate mine, you should read my whining in my journal. :(

GlennaGirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Oh wow, that really sounds beautiful. I love the look of little wispies.

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Oh good lord no I hate mine, you should read my whining in my journal. :(

Awwwwww poor thing! I will go read. Did someone else cut it and was it too much? :(

jessie58
June 26th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Awwwwww poor thing! I will go read. Did someone else cut it and was it too much? :(

Even worse, I cut my own bangs. :mad:

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 11:05 PM

Oh poor thing. :mad: for you.

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Thats good.

jojo
June 27th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Thats great! I trimmed my fringe its still chin length, but I cut a few face framing layers in to blend my hair better. Its a little short for me but in a few months it will have grown back. glad yours turned out great though!

paper
June 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Glad you like your bangs, thats great. I'm sure it was a pain trying to grow them out.

FrannyG
June 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Curlsgirl, I really have to stay on my toes to keep up with you. You're having hair adventures left, right and centre. :)

I'm really glad that you're happy with your face framing layers. Don't you just love "happy accidents"?

Islandgrrl
June 27th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I'm so glad it was a happy accident, Curlsgirl! I read the thread title and thought it would be something awful!

bex487
June 27th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I love those little layers! I have sideswept bangs and I like keeping them out of updos.

NorthernDancer
June 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I LOVE those little wisps that hang down! I don't look all that good with an all-up, but once I pull down those little tendrels (mine are former bang grow outs as well) I look much better. They also look great on me with half-ups.

GlennaGirl
June 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Oh, jessie, I have done that so many times. I'm feeling you on that. :blossom:

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone! I can't believe the difference it makes. I have wanted just this for SO long but was so afraid I or someone else would mess them up! I have had MANY bad accidents so a happy one sure is welcome!

jessie58
June 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Curlsgirl, are you going to show us pics of these nice bangs.

You inspired me to try to get used to my bangs last night after I read this so today I combed them over to the side and let them go curly and they look pretty decent.

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Curlsgirl, are you going to show us pics of these nice bangs.

You inspired me to try to get used to my bangs last night after I read this so today I combed them over to the side and let them go curly and they look pretty decent.
That is SO great that I inspired you!!!! :love:
Yes I will try to do that. I am sick right now and don't feel like it. But you know as sick as I am I looked in the mirror and thought wow I really like the soft effect it all has http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf/bbs/images/smilies/laugh.gif
I do think it takes time for some to get used to bangs. I had them forever and every time I try to grow them out I think I look too harsh. But if you haven't had them ever or in a while I am SURE it would take some getting used to. I promise I will take pics when I get better!

jessie58
June 27th, 2008, 12:53 PM
That is SO great that I inspired you!!!! :love:
Yes I will try to do that. I am sick right now and don't feel like it. But you know as sick as I am I looked in the mirror and thought wow I really like the soft effect it all has http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf/bbs/images/smilies/laugh.gif
I do think it takes time for some to get used to bangs. I had them forever and every time I try to grow them out I think I look too harsh. But if you haven't had them ever or in a while I am SURE it would take some getting used to. I promise I will take pics when I get better!

Thank you Curlsgirl, I even tried to straighten them with a straightener yesterday in an attempt to embrace them but that looked frightening. So the loose, to the side curly look will have to do while they grow.
Can't wait to see pics of yours.

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 01:28 PM
BUT it's messy right now, slept on it last night and I am SICK so please forgive!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/curlsgirl/newbangs.jpg

I have no black spots on my face don't know what that is!!!

jessie58
June 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Oh yes they are very soft and pretty. You did a really nice job of tapering them down to the sides like that. Do we get a curly shot too?

Carina
June 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Curlsgirl I really like your new bangs:agree:.I'm letting mine grow for the first time since I was a little girl.I can just get them behind my ears.But I miss them just a little bit when the rest of my hair is in an updo.

FrannyG
June 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Curlsgirl, you did them just right. They're not too thick, and they're very nicely shaped. Bravo, little lady! :flowers:

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks you all are great! I had cut my own bangs for a long time but it was the face framers that I was scared of. I just left the part on the sides that had grown out and cut the rest. Who knew?

I will do curly pics sometime if I ever get well. I haven't washed since last Saturday and that picture was slept in overnight laying on the couch so that's why I said sorry but at least you get the idea :)