PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear your hair the same most every day?

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Just wondering, It seems like it's just so easy to do the same old braid or Figure 8. I have trouble finding quick (I am a sleepyhead) comfy styles that look okay for work (business casual).

harley mama
June 26th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Yup, I confess. I am lazy and just leave my hair loose most days.
If I get hot, I will throw it in a quick figure 8 or and braid.
I think I'm in a hair rut!

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yup, I confess. I am lazy and just leave my hair loose most days.
If I get hot, I will throw it in a quick figure 8 or and braid.
I think I'm in a hair rut!

Hee hee, I like that! Yeah a hair rut!!! I start out with mine down a lot too but it just gets so hot this time of year it's up QUICKLY these days!

AJoifulNoise
June 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I do a cinnabun most every day. Aside from Saturdays when I braid. I am getting better about mixing it up a bit, but there are weeks that pass when I default to the cinnabun. It's quick, easy, and can be adorned with most of my hair accessories.

.Amanaka.
June 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Yes! But that's kind of... okay, mostly because I don't know that many styles. But I have been wearing my hair in a braided bun, and just taking the pins out at night. It means less handling of my hair, which can only be a good thing, right?

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM
OMG, I still only know like 3 updos. I should be busy learning them right now instead of replying.

honeybunch
June 26th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty lazy. I wear the same style most everyday. I've been wearing braids for years, and sometimes I feel like I'm in a rut.

Nat242
June 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I tend to vary my styles - I seem to rotate between two dutch braids, a braided bun, a weird untwisted knot thing, a chinese bun, and a "falling out" chinese bun.

-- Natalie

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 09:36 PM
OMG, I still only know like 3 updos. I should be busy learning them right now instead of replying.

I'm feeling better here :drama:

RavenDream
June 26th, 2008, 09:41 PM
My main updo is a cinnabun, and I wear it like that pretty much 6 days a week. Growing up with a mom who has always had a pixie makes me slightly challenged when it comes to learning any styles since I never grew up with anything other than a ponytail.

spidermom
June 26th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yes. In fact, it's my new project -- do the same thing every day until I master it.

Lixie
June 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It's a figure eight bun for me almost daily, I can only do about three styles besides that. I'm hairstyle challenged. :p

trolleypup
June 26th, 2008, 10:34 PM
lazy 8 bun here.

mommy2one05
June 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I am also hairstyle challenged.
I can only "master" about three updos and two braided styles.
Really wish I could learn more.

Duchess of Erat
June 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Same here. I can do a cinnamon bun, a figure 8/infinity bun (if those are basically the same thing, just turned 90 degrees), and an English braid (at home).
I've been trying to learn the orchid and wrap bun, and dutch braiding, but that takes a lot more time, so that's only when I have some time and when my hair wants to cooperate.

Speedbump
June 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Yep. :lol: For me it's always a braid or a ficcare twisty thing. And that's really it. I tried to do more elaborate styles and they drive me nuts. Simple is better for me. It works, so why not? :cool:

Starr
June 26th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I automatically default to a cinnabun or an english braid. . . every once in a while I'll mix it up and do a chinese bun or a rose bun- maybe even a gibson tuck if I'm feeling frisky, but that's about it for my creativeness.

Raederle
June 26th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Okay, I'll be the odd one out. Ever since the old hair challenge (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62281), I don't wear the same style consecutive days, though I admit I'm sticking to about 8 or so different styles.

nissamholtz
June 26th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Yes. I mostly tie mine up into a pony.

Zindell
June 26th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Yes! I pretty much always wear my hair down and free.

Maybe twice a month I'll make something simple like a braid, dutch braid, ponytail or halfup.

MoonCreature
June 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm trying to vary it a bit just to stress the hair more evenly. Though I'm having the same problem as you right now, I have a summer job where I wear a black suit and must look representable (it's killing me, I love wearing shabby clothes, no makeup and my hair in a sloppy updo). So right now the styles I use are: cinnabun, gibraltar bun, bunned braid, orchid bun, some figure 8 buns (my hair isn't with me on these right now) and a chinese braided bun.

goldenwaves
June 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I don't! I'm trying to break away from the ponytail every day trend that my school seems to follow. I'm so joining that challenge!!

julya
June 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I usually default to a cinnamon bun, but trolleypup taught me a new bun that I have been doing a lot lately. It's a kind of variation on a chinese bun without using an elastic. I have been trying to vary my styles more, but it's so easy to just stick with what usually works.

mamachanse
June 26th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'm trying to learn new updos but usually stick with the same bun.

Koskaan
June 26th, 2008, 11:54 PM
At work I wear only three different styles, because I need to have my hair up in a bun, which I don't have to redo during the day. Those three are cinnabun, swirly bun and insideout bun.

Wearing only three styles got a little boring, so outside work, I'm trying to be more creative. I started my own hairstyle challenge, inspirated by The X-day Hairstyle Challenge Thread which can be found in the archives. I'm doing a 30 days' challenge, 24 days to go. It's a lot of fun! :cheese:

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Most of the time I wear my hair down.

Miss Murphy
June 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
9 out of 10 days I'm wearing a braided bun. I just know that it's going to work and look good - and most mornings, I am in no mood to get frustrated by my hair :rant:

Katze
June 27th, 2008, 01:23 AM
9 out of 10 days my hair is down or in a half-up. Because I have long, growing-out bangs, I can vary this look from day to day, and my waves change hourly, too, so my hair always looks different.

I only wear an updo if my hair looks like absolute crap and I can't wear it down. Sometimes I stretch my washings a day further to do coronet braids or some kind of pinned-braid 'do, but this is a bit much for early mornings.

I'd like to find an updo that stays and looks good, but will probably have to wait another couple of years for all my layers, nape hairs, baby hairs, etc. to grow longer.

Seraphina
June 27th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I usually end up just plaiting my hair every day,because I can't think of anything else that's quick enough to do every morning.I have to be at the bus stop for school at just past 7 am.

willowcandra
June 27th, 2008, 04:06 AM
My hair is nearly always in a bun held with a flexi8. If not it would be a log roll. Both look smart enough for an office and are super quick no mirror required jobs.

shrimp
June 27th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Yup - most days it's a messy bun, often an orchid twist/wrap and occaisionally a figure 8, even more occaisionally a log roll.

The hair toys change everyday though :D

FrannyG
June 27th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Even though I've made it my mission to learn many new styles since I joined LHC, I do end wearing the same one or two styles about five days out of seven. My default styles are a French Braid, and a cinnabun. It was a figure 8 until my recent cut, but I imagine that in another two months or so, I'll be back to the old figure 8.

Of course I enjoy wearing it down when I can too.

I think we all get into hair ruts, unless we are actively involved in a challenge. :?

paper
June 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
My hair is at an awkward stage and pretty much wear a headband everyday. I just recently was able to put all my hair up.

Lamb
June 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I'm so looking forward to the day I can alternate wearing it down and in a French twist/low ponytail. :rolleyes:
I should be grateful for the good hair days I'm having, but thanks to my great trim two months ago, I am back to Awkward Length (between bob and SL) AGAIN! :undecided

bex487
June 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I'm at that phase where my hair isn't quite APL, but much longer than shoulder. I tend to wear it down every day, because I have lots of layers and it looks good down. Occasionally I'll wear it up in a ponytail, and I do love doing two french braids...but in the mornings, it's so easy to just brush and go!

Aelith
June 27th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Lately, I do. I've been pinning the sides and pulling it back into a pony (or sometimes a sorta bee butt bun). My hair's still short (shoulder-length), so there's not a lot I can do with it. Plus I am experimenting with going every other day for a wash, which has helped my hair tremendously, but needs to be hidden in an updo on day two.

ladystar
June 27th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I wear my hair up on a ponytail with a braid every day of the week. On the weekends, I try to leave it loose if its not to humid. =)

birthmarkie
June 27th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Guilty as charged! Same bun each day for the most part. Except on weekends I'll let it down or do a half-up. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, I guess. Plus, I've only mastered one updo :o

Islandgrrl
June 27th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Oh yeah. Most days it's a cinnamon bun. It's easy and fast and with my thickness, my hair isn't long enough yet for the more elaborate buns I'd love to have.

Delenn
June 27th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Yup, pretty much. Mostly because I'm lazy about keeping my roots up to date as far as henna is concerned, maybe every 2 months. So I don't really do too many updos that would expose a lot of root area, just a basic braided bun.

Chromis
June 27th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Yep! I eat the same breakfast every day too! A little automation in the morning is a good thing in my book :)

pepperedmoth
June 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I don't wear the same identical hairstyle every day, but pretty close. Let me count my styles . . .

1.) An 'up-twist'- kind of a combination between a French Twist and an equilibrium bun- held by a claw is my default hairstyle. I wear that almost every day that I have to be at work/look nice. I love hair claws.

2.) A Cinnabun held either by hairsticks or Amish hairpins is also something I like . . . until I lost all my pins (TRAGIC! I need to buy more.)

3.) A low ponytail (at the base of my neck), held either by a hair-friendly elastic (casual) or a nice barrette (less casual) is a quick and easy default, as long as my hair isn't so frizzy that day.

4.) I used to wear my hair in a simple low braid every single day (this was during high school), but I use this less frequently these days, primarily because my new growth, no matter how long the body of my hair is, ALWAYS slips out and creates a very unbecoming halo around the nape of my neck. ARGH. Still, I'll do this with some additional clips.

. . . and that's pretty much it. Very occasionally I'll wear it down but clipped back on one side (I CAN'T STAND hair in my face, so I never ever wear it totally loose), or in a French braid or a braided bun or half-up . . . but rarely.

So yup. Those are the four. I should branch out!

rubyredslippers
June 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I vary my styles--that's one of the reasons I love long hair. Though I do tend to default towards half-ups, and wear those fully 1/2 the time. I english braid singly or doubly, cinnamon bun with hairsticks. I've no set rotation.

unaspenser
June 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I wear an inside-out bun almost every day, and french or dutch braid on occasion. I know tons of styles, those ones are just easiest and most convenient, and they hold really well. Maybe I ought to do the x-day challenge...

Amoretti
June 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I usually wear a Figure 8 with a wooden hair fork because it holds well. Other options are my Wrapped Hairstick Bun and a knot bun.

redcelticcurls
June 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I tend to stick to same few because some of the ones that look so nice on 1-2 hair don't work as well on my 3 hair. It can cause more issues getting it up than leaving it loose.

I've been working on low-curl-trauma updos, and it does leave me fewer option I guess.

LynnM
June 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM

LOL I'm counting those that I know in my head! ha! I hear you there, though.

I usually resort to a simple braid, because it seems easiest on my hair. If I feel adventurous, a bun or a ponytail

A half-ponytail (polyanna?) is also sometimes used, but I can't STAND the feeling of my hair against my neck for very long! Maybe once it's longer that will change... :shrug:

Sorry, I'm not helping much with ideas.

Dulci
June 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hello :waving: I'm in a rut too. Single braid, every day for years. And years. It's all I can do, except sometimes a logroll with the braid.

roxyhead
June 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
There was a time when I was mixing bee butt buns and braids in, but it's depressing how small my buns are most of the time (and I never got the hang of anything more complicated than the one kind, though I broke some low quality hairsticks trying), and I can rarely be even bothered to braid, I'm so uncoordinated. So it's usually either just straight down or in an ordinary ponytail. Horribly boring and predictable, I know.

eadwine
June 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Yep, I wear it the same every day. The tool to secure varies though. It just is quick and sits fine all day, so why fuss with something else :)

naomimcc
June 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I wear it in a bun everyday. I have a 7 month old - that's why LOL!

Periwinkle
June 27th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I tend to go between hairstick/no hairstick weeks. I'm a newish hairie without much length so there's not an amazing amount I can do.

In a hairstick week, my favourite style is a French twist (which I'm wearing today) because it's super easy and it holds like a rock. I swear I could run ten miles and it would stay in. I also do figure 8s, though they require bobby pins to hold my layered ends in place (can't wait until September to cut them off!). Sometimes, I do cinnabuns, but I find they don't hold so well for me.

In a non-hairstick week, I tend to wear French braids, though I've just about got the hang of Dutch braids now, and then single braids at home when I'm being lazy.

At some point every day, I normally regress to a ponytail, just because I can be absolutely 100% sure that it's not going to come out or look dumb.

Little_Bird
June 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yes, I am a regular braider. I have been trying to avoid it tough. I have been trying the chinese bun, altough I only worn it out once. I do love it tough, so it might be a good idea for this Summer!

I am a little lazy too, I have so much work with the detangling that I just do a braid then hehe... I love my hair however! And my braid too!

:flower:

sexyjacksparrow
June 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yup - I leave mine loose most days now. Occasionally I pin it up with a beak clip but that's as far as my style go right now.

Kerry xx

girlcat36
June 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, a half-up. Always a half-up.

Guenever
June 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I do! And I'm feeling a little boring and unimaginative! :rolleyes:

Either a cinnabun or a KL knot w. a fork, a stick or a couple of jaw clips.. that's it: 2 styles.. gaah..
My hair's quickly out of the way and it stays there all day which it has to when I'm at work!

Looking back at my APL/BSL days I kind of miss the carelessness. Wearing it down, making loose, messy elastic buns etc - because it really suits me with my hair framing my face..
*sigh* that's not really possible with my current TB length.. I have to care for my ends - and if it's down it's e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.. :wink:

Juliet's Silk
June 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
My usual day:
Get up. Search for silver lotus Ficcare (only this one!). Put hair in a log roll.
Go about your business.

On most day, that's that. On some days I like it more fancy, I carefully choose my clothes and match my hairtoy and style to that... but most days, I just go around in that log roll I stuffed my hair in just after opening my eyes.

How's that for boring?

susiemw
June 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Prior to LHC my hair would get put into a high ponytail, then I'd wrap the tail around and secure with an octupus or claw clamp... all the time. I run too hot to wear my hair down.
Before joining I knew no updos and could only do an english and french braid.

since joining LHC I've been much better but not as good as I'd like about trying new styles. Now I tend to wear my hair
in various braids (french dutch, crown braid, upside down french braid) or up in a bun held with a stick.

I really like the crown braid for hot summer weather and
I really like the dutch braid for the great waves it gives me.
(I'm really missing having a perm).

Since I suffer from "over 40 brain syndrome" I've started
keeping a journal of various styles that I want to try and
also those I've learned... so when I'm in a hurry I can actually
look at it and remember what I've mastered! LOL.

Susan

kwaniesiam
June 27th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Yes, but only because its all I can do right now. Down, ponytail, and if I put the effort into it and happen to wash my hair in the morning (almost never) I can manage a french braid or two. Before I either wore it down, in a braid, or some form of bun to switch it up more.

danacc
June 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I've been in a hair rut, too. I was so impressed that Amoretti's Wrapped Hairstick Bun could keep my hair up all day with a single stick, that I used it several days in a row. (Thanks, Amoretti, I love this one!) I learned it at about the same time I decided to keep my hair contained instead of loose nearly all of the time. So, for months now it's been either up wrapped around different hairsticks at different locations on my head, or down in an English braid (mostly at home). It's been in a French braid a couple of times.

I've started looking for more styles now, and I'm practicing with the equilibrium bun. I still wind it more tightly than I'm comfortable with from a long-term hair stress perspective, but I'm sure that in time I will get it to work with a looser twist. I've worn a cinnamon bun with sticks or fork, and I'm happy about being able to secure it more simply than my previous method of several pins. I'm also practicing the figure 8 with a fork. I was reminded of the gibraltar bun in another thread, so it goes on the list as a potential 1-stick variation of the cinnamon bun.

Patrycja
June 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I am horrible. I have mine up in a ponytail most of the time these days.I used to try different styles but I've been really lazy and just down these past few weeks.I actually switch it up by doing a scrunchie bun here and there.I used to live in a cinnabun and a very very different looking chinese bun but they started to look horrible for some reason so I gave them up.I don't even call my cinnabun a cinnabun anymore.Its now known as my messy bun.It doesn't look bad but I want a nice clean bun or figure 8 just one day. That would be terrific.....:cloud9:

toodramatik
June 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, I do. With a headband and a ponytail. It's the most practical for school and work and I have too many layers to make a braid.

ZaBasDa
June 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Guilty. A messy bun +/- a hairband most days. If I am feeling adventurous, I will get someone to french braid my hair. I can't braid my own hair to save my life.

velvetcat
June 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I know around 35 styles. (yup, even wrote them down).
I wear a log roll 90% of the time.

The rest of the time, I wear it in a braid (sleeping), a french or dutch braid, or (rarely) down.

I'd love to do some variety looks, but I need more hair toys. (say it ain't so!)
Really. I have....3 hair sticks, and a fake ficcare and a couple elastics. I don't know what happened to all that I used to have.

SilverLocks
June 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Yup, same hair: down and loose most days and same figure-8 or bun when it needs to be out of the way. Not much variety here, though a side braid is my third, or is it fourth(?) standard-do.

Ndnlady
June 28th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Yes, cinnamon bun or figure 8 bun with a slide or if I have washed it that morning I put it into a french braid. I am going to force myself to do different hairstyles though!:p

HotRag
June 28th, 2008, 02:16 AM
I have it mostly in one english braid (or top hair in english braid falling at one side and then english braid it all together).

It's very windy here (I live by the sea) and I have a dog, so having my hair loose means hair everywhere and possible damage.

When "going out" i usually have front hair in a barette or two (depending on where I part). (I have i picture of my simple "two barettes style" in my profile pictures.)

EdG
June 28th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I admit to having only one hair style: loose. That's mainly due to my updo-and-braid-cluelessness and the usual guy reasoning "if it was good one day, it will be good the next day as well!" It probably doesn't help that I wear the same style of clothing every day. :D
Ed

Sceleste
June 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I wear my hair mostly on a braid or a braided bun. I always do an english braid if I bun it but if I only braid I try to do different kinds of braids: english, herringbone and 4 strand rope braid.

Wearing the same kind of updo every day doesn't really bother me, though I try to do something different if I have time, especially on the weekends.

redcelticcurls
June 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I've been wearing mostly buns, and have been trying to change the look with headbands. With the humidity, the shorter, newer hairs can really stand out, so I use the headband to hide some of them as well as using it as a decorative item so I look less schoolmarmy. Buns AND glasses? HEEHEE

http://i29.tinypic.com/2eej245.jpg

For work, I just try to make a reasonable color match or contrast to that day's workshirt.

akka naeda
June 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I do. Simple plait most days, and put up with sticks. This is convenient because if I need to take it down for whatever reason then it's still contained in the plait, and I don't need to bother with plaiting it again at night.

I can do a multitude of other styles but just don't bother, this is at least partially though because of my lifestyle - if I had a 9-5 office job then I'd wear more styles on a regular basis (and my Ficcares would get more wear too!). I also dislike the way I look when I have my hair scraped back and no parting which means French and Dutch plaits don't happen very often now I no longer have a fringe.

darkwaves
June 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I have several styles I go through -- but I suspect they look exactly the same to everyone who sees me.

So lets just say I wear my hair three ways:

"loose" -- includes halfups;
"braided" -- includes any kind of braid; and
"up" -- includes any updo, from bun to twist to figure 8 to infinity to folded braid to knot to ...)

jenna
June 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
i don't know any updo's. and the times i've tried buns, it sticks out like a bullet. so i always just wear it in a ponytail with a scrunchie.

Angellen
June 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM
A cinnabun is my default updo, as well. My hair's gotten to the point where it needs to be up most of the time or risk getting in my way (leaned on, slammed in the car door, stuck under books, having other people lean on or otherwise pull, etc.), and the cinnabun is the easiest for me to do. I don't like twisting my hair so much, but it's the fastest and easiest for me right now.

I really need more styles to add to my repertoire!

missmanytoes
June 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Also guilty. My new go to 'do is the chain bun. Before that I wore a figure 8 or infinity. Before that, a beebutt secured with a barrette and before that, a twisty bun. I generally will not go with a 'do that requires more than one fastener, so that kinda limits me.

Raederle
June 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I have several styles I go through -- but I suspect they look exactly the same to everyone who sees me.

So lets just say I wear my hair three ways:

"loose" -- includes halfups;
"braided" -- includes any kind of braid; and
"up" -- includes any updo, from bun to twist to figure 8 to infinity to folded braid to knot to ...)

Ah, thanks, darkwaves. Now I don't feel so lonely.

Laululintu
June 30th, 2008, 02:55 AM
My hair is in a single English braid most of the time. I'm too lazy to do many other styles most of the time, and braids are the comfiest for the days when I have to spend a considerable amount of time on the train.

Samikha
June 30th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I've actually been improving lately! Mostly because after my latest cut a single braid looks so...scruffy, so I do some different (but new! That counts for something, right?) braided updos and some different buns, cinnamon, infinity, orchid.

No one seems to notice it when I do creative updos, though - or maybe I should just get more out of the house...:confused:

morgwn
June 30th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I know a few more updos than I use, but I wind up falling back on two a lot of the time: a French Twist (held up with various hair toys) and a Cinnamon Bun. They're quick and a lot of mornings I don't have time for fussing!

LilyMunster
June 30th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Cinnabun, french twist, infinity. Held with ficcare, one or 2 sticks, flexi8, or a fork.
Most days, since it's summer, I cover the whole updo w a Buff. I'm outdoors alot during my workweek.

Fencai
June 30th, 2008, 07:05 AM
i too do the same thing most days.
It usually starts out down/loose and then around 9-10am it makes its way into either a three strand braid, or a low pony tail at the nape of my neck.
I work in a busy casual office and Im running up and down steps all day and chasing designers around so I dont usually do anything fancy. But my Mid-year resolution (i/o New years's) is that as my hair gets longer, to try one new style a month. once i get that down, then I'll try for more frequent attempts at new styles!