PDA

View Full Version : Growing out Bangs (Vent and Suggest :) )

GoldberryHair
August 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I always cut bangs of some sort and I always hate it after a month and grow them out, and say I will NEVER do it again..then I do...

I mean it this time!

But in the meantime...I HATE GROWING THEM OUT! UGH. LOL

Anyone else feel free to vent or give suggestions ;)

Zesty
August 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm growing mine out now because they get in my face and interfere with stretching washes. They're a little past my mouth now. I like to pin them back while they're drying so that even if I don't pin them for the day they stay out of my face a little better, and I use bandannas to cover them up (headbands would also work for this, but I don't own any). But typically I just wear them like they're side bangs I have on purpose.

ZeppHead
August 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Yes they do suck. What kind of bangs are they cuz if they are full blunt across the eyes bangs (which I had, they are horrible to grow out) they are tough. If they are side swept bangs its a little easier. You can use bobby pins to bring the front center part back so most of them are out of your face and still offers a cute style. Or try bringing them to one side and pinning them, I know its hard to grow them out and still find different hair styles that work! Once they get long enough to tuck behind my ears I usually just do that til they get long enough to trim up nicely cuz they are a true PIA!

Avital88
August 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
i always center parted my hair and used bobbypins whenever i had enough of my bangs.
Usually takes 6months to fully grow then out to chinlength.i was hestitating for cutting them again, but i guess i will wait and see.

Toiréasa
August 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I am growing mine out too and I hate them,I did not have bangs for 17 years and about 6 month ago decided I wanted a change what a mistake I wish there was some pixie dust I could sprinkle on them and make them grow faster wishful think. I usually pin them back in to my up dos with bobby pins.

Rtzgrl
August 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I just started growing my bangs out. I've had bangs since I was 12, so it's going to be a rather major adjustment, but I am just so tired of them. They are at the stage where I usually decide to trim them, so I have a LONG way to go. Wish me luck!

gabee
August 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm growing out my bangs as well (blunt straight across bangs, that I can also sweep to the side), and yesterday i tried a cute new style. I french braided my hair from one ear to the other, in a little "headband" style. It was really cute, and stayed put really well. Usually though I just keep my bangs loose and swept to the side, or pin them up.

RitaPG
August 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I love my bangs, they are awesome, but they make my forehead itchy, so bad :justy: so I always end up growing them out.

McFearless
August 5th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Last month I finally grew out my bangs to collarbone length and they fit into a nape bun without any bobbypins, but I cut them back to my cheekbones to get rid of dye damage. We can whine together :p

GoldberryHair
August 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
:o
Yes they do suck. What kind of bangs are they cuz if they are full blunt across the eyes bangs (which I had, they are horrible to grow out) they are tough. If they are side swept bangs its a little easier. You can use bobby pins to bring the front center part back so most of them are out of your face and still offers a cute style. Or try bringing them to one side and pinning them, I know its hard to grow them out and still find different hair styles that work! Once they get long enough to tuck behind my ears I usually just do that til they get long enough to trim up nicely cuz they are a true PIA!

They were the full blunts! (I got inspired by Zooey Deschanel in 500 Days of Summer lol) They're awful, and what's worse is I did it myself and I went TOO far back, and wayyyy too far to the side, like by my ears, so it looked like a mullet for a little bit there !

Crysta
August 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I've had a box fringe (or straight cut bangs) for about 15 years now above my eyebrows (yus i am a smelly gothic) and I decided to grow them out last month because i'm going through a lot of changes right now - all for the better, and I'd like to do more changes :), now that they're halfway down my nose it's getting a bit ridiculous looking - so i'm cutting them into a side sweeping style, basically making them diagonal [so I can bleeding see!]

Though I tend to just grab them at the front bottom, twist them and pull them back over my head, and pin them where the twist starts on-top of my head. Looks kindof nice because it doesn't end up being flat, and it keeps them out of my eyes - and also hides that I have half a face of fringe.

I've tried it before, and I usually get to about the length in my avatar and cut them again. This time though. NO. if i'm desperate I can buy a fake fringe. :3 :cheese:

Marz Hase
August 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I miss my bangs terribly. Had 'em cut blunt at the eyebrows, and started growing them out about a month and a half ago. They're just barely below my cheekbones now. >< It was just costing me too much to get my bangs trimmed on a regular basis, and I'm completely incompetent at doing it myself. ::whines:: One day, I'll chop 'em short again.

Lollipop
August 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I think my bangs count as grown-out since they stretch to about APL. I started with longer bangs, and to grow them out I started by just clipping them back in a "pouf". To get them to fit into hairstyles I would add a little "normal-length" hair and braid it together with the bangs. I wore my hair with a deep side part and I would do a partial french/english/dutch/rope braid that I would clip back to the side (also adding some longer hair if needed). I also did partial french, dutch, and rope braided headbands, along with lace braided variations (binosume on youtube has a nice dutch braided rose headband tutorial). Another nice tutorial is Lilithmoon's waterfall braid, which could be helpful for bangs if you do a deep side part, since she starts with a french braid and goes into a waterfall braid. This could help hide the bangs since they woul eventually join with longer strands, and not poke out like they would in a regular waterfall braid. I liked to whip out my pretty pins, the occasional lace or ribbon, and cute hairties for decoration.

Remember to enjoy the growing out :cheese:!!! Out of need I learned many different techniques which can still be used when you grow out your bangs.

Oksana
August 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I've been growing out my blunts bangs since the end of may, they reach the tip of my nose now. I think I'm past the worst stage now as I can style them to look wearable. Keep with it!

terpentyna
August 6th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I grew mine out when I was ten, but what's comfortable to a kid should be comfortable to most - and awkward looking side pinning was the way to go for me.

elbow chic
August 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I feel ya. Mine are currently about nose-length. At least I can pin them back but then there is invariably a "tuft" on top of my head. Sexxxy. I am so tempted to snip them back, especially since I think bangs look good on me. The side-swept thing never seems to look right, somehow.

Yame
August 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I had bangs cut I think 7 years ago. I kept them for a few months, then grew them out to chin length and kept them there, layered to frame my face, for a few years. Then 2 years ago I decided I didn't like that, and that I wanted all my hair to be one length... so I started to grow them out. They are around BSL now, and the rest of my hair is below WL. Hang in there!