PDA

View Full Version : Long hair, Thin ends?

GoldberryHair
August 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
How do you ladies keep this at bay? (Aside from trims of course ;) )

kouran
August 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Besides trimming four times a year, I try not to loose much hair...it's really about how long you have been taking good care of your hair, if you have always taken good care, it is likely your ends won't be too thin, and if your hair is thick, thin ends are even more unlikely...

Anje
August 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Well, I'm maintaining this length and have been for a few years now, trying to get the ends to thicken up... If your hair grows at different rates and isn't particularly thick to begin with, it's generally acknowledged to take quite a long time.

Preventing splits and breaks is a big part of it too. That means combing gently with something that won't shred hair, wearing hair in a contained style and protecting it from friction, and not wearing styles that induce breakage (like ponytails did for me).

spidermom
August 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Other than trimming, trying to prevent damage and breakage to the ends by careful handling. But really, trimming is the most important because some hairs grow faster than others.

Night_Kitten
August 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Try to avoid damage to the length - wear it up and comb carefully and gently...
And having good genes ;)

Madora
August 5th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hair will look thin around the ends if left untouched so if you want to have thicker looking ends then the only solution is to take off the sparser ends.

It is better to keep the hair trimmed every 3 months or so, than to let it keep growing for longer hair is more fragile hair, and more fragile hair is very prone to splits at the ends.

And if unattended, those splits will split up the strand, and even generate new splits on the same strand. Better to nip the split ends when they're small, than wait until the hair is longer (because during the waiting the damage might have gotten worse).

Avital88
August 7th, 2011, 02:28 AM
thats usually the case. whenever i see a beyond waist with the same thickness in her ends as the overal hair it must be virgin.and usually it is, i wished i could have my hair virgin but i was just born with the wrong haircolor:)

trolleypup
August 7th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Yep. One of the markers for terminal is thin ends. *sigh*