PDA

View Full Version : Cutting off damage

thisischristine
August 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I just cut off about 4-5 inches off the ends of my hair :(

It was so so damaged from bleach (back in November 2010 I bleached it all over 5 times in 3 days), and it was horrible when it would come in front of my face and all I saw were white dots - I had a trim 8 days ago. These were new splits within 8 days! So I have take off the worst and am looking forward to caring for the new ends.

I don't think I have removed all of the bleached hair, but the new ends feel thick and soft, which is a world away from the old ends. I'm back to APL from BSL, but I think it needed to be done. Hopefully I will avoid cutting now until after Christmas and get back to BSL but with hair that I am happy to see! :cheese:

longcurlygirl<3
August 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
good luck!

Madora
August 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Your hair will certainly benefit by having those damaged ends cut!

Now you can concentrate on getting it into even better condition and hopefully staying away from things that aren't good for it.

Good luck!

jojo
August 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
It has to be done. I am all for trimming those damaged ends off; your hair will thank you for it. No good hanging on to tatty ends, makes long look scruffy.

McFearless
August 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I did the same. Waist to shoulder. :| Its scary but there is no point keeping around hair that won't get better. It is sooo worth it! There is nothing like soft ends.

spidermom
August 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I've done the same thing in the past. It's no fun fighting with badly damaged hair every day!

islandboo
August 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I finally joined LHC (after dropping by from time to time for years) in February after cutting 4" off my ends. I just did a S&D session today and my ends are looking great. I have been working really hard at keeping them in good shape and it has been working. I am so much happier with my hair now and I am almost back to where I was when I cut it off. The hair will grow but badly damaged ends won't magically repair, so cutting them is the right thing to do IMO

thisischristine
August 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
definitely staying away from the bad stuff! I've learned my lesson losing so much length in one go. I guess 4 ins isn't that much when your hair is very long, but going back to apl is frustrating. Still, I'd rather it was healthy than just long at any cost!

okiku
August 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I cut off a similar length a while ago-- not fun but necessary.

wendy51
August 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I cut off all the damage of my hair each month, and they got thicker!Good luck thisischristine

SoulOfTheSea
August 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I cut waist to APL last April, and now I'm almost back to waist. It was so so SO worth it, let me tell you. My hair is in great shape, no more uneven layers, or split ends. I am very happy I did it! :)